Running BASIC programs from Desktop Icons
1) Put the program you want to run in the same folder as the GWBASIC.exe file.
2) Create a shortcut to the program on your desktop.
3) Right click the shortcut ( now on your desktop ) and in the "pop up box" click "properties"
4) The "pop up box" target entry shows the address that the shortcut is pointing to. It should look something like:
Change it to something like:
5) On my computer the Icon changes to the MSDOS icon.
6) Now when you click the Icon, your GW-BASIC program will pop up and automatically run!