Inner-Helvete are a Portuguese Blackmetal band that play with great atitude. I talked with Cultus P.
- Hail Cultus Profanus! First of all I would like to thank you for your free time. So let's start. Make us an introduction to the Inner Helvete concept and history.
- Hail Infaustum! IH appears on 1996 as an Infernal Union of Impius, Arcanus and Cultus P.. Now only me and Impius are on the battlefield. Our releases are:
INNER HELVETE - "Satanic Hecatomb"-promo'00(lim113)
INNER HELVETE-“Glorification of the Unholy Lord"-demo'00/01 (lim.666)
INNER HELVETE / NECROCULT--(POR / BRA)-"Satanic Metal"--split tape'01 (lim. 666)
INNER HELVETE / STERKVIND - "Burning the false idol" - split tape'02 (lim. 666)
INNER HELVETE-"Total Bloodshedding Devastation"-lp'02 (lim 500)
INNER HELVETE-"Total Bloodshedding Devastation"-cass.lp'02 (lim 166)
INNER HELVETE / Front Beast--(POR / GER)-"United Terror Division"-7''ep'02 (lim500)
INNER HELVETE / ARMAGGEDON (POR / FRA) - "The Hordes of the Black Imperial Hell" - split tape'03 (lim 118)
All the tapes were released by Hell War Prod. The vinyls were released by Ordealis Rec. From France, and the splits with Necrocult and Armaggedon were released in cooperation with Sacrilegioues Warfare and Chaos Prod.
- What's the meaning of the name Inner Helvete for you?
- The name INNER HELVETE was taken from The Inner Circle and Helvete Shop, so It’s like an Homage to EURONYMOUS and DEAD for what They represented and still represents to the Underground Black Metal scene. When both died, THE TRUE (OLD) MAYHEM died with Them!!! But INNER HELVETE is much more than a Homage, INNER HELVETE is the End of this world of shit and the Rising Of the Evil Age!!
- What do you talk about on your lyrics? What do you want to transmit?
- Death, Pain, Misery, Destruction of all weakness connected to religion. We spit on everything we hated... I don't want to transmit anything...the weak will be always followers.....the strong will be forever leaders.
- What were the bands that inspired you to start Inner Helvete?
- There are other things that motivated the beginning of IH… but bands that inspire us were/are MAYHEM (until 93), SARCÓFAGO, HOLOCAUSTO, MASTEMA, ONLY DARKNESS, NECROCULT, BESTIAL DESECRATION; BEHERIT; BEELZEBUL (Col); THE UNDER; FRONT BEAST; ABRUPTUM; BLACK WITCHERY; IPHICRATE; DESASTER; TRIUMPHATOR (Ita); DESTROYER 666; FILLI NIGRANTIUM INFERNALIUM; SONS OF SATAN; INFERNAL GOAT; S.V.E.S.T.; SPITE EXTREME WING; VELES; SUMMUM MALUM; WATAIN; HELL HAMMER, NIFELHEIM; WAR; PROFANATICA; GOATSEMEN; GOATPENIS; INCANTATION, SEXTHRASH, POSSESSED...and many more...
- If I'm not wrong, all Inner Helvete attacks were released through your label. Your last holocausts, the split with Front Beast and the LP version from "Total Bloodsheding Devastation" were released via Ordealis. What were the reasons that made Inner Helvete moved to another label?
- All tapes were released by HWP. The EP and the LP were released by Ordealis Records. The reason is that I don't have money to do Vinyl releases.
- I know you have a label, Hell War Productions. When did you start its activities? Did you start it alone? Tell me about Hell War Productions history until nowadays.
- HWP APPEARS ON 1999, I DIDN'T BELONG "OFFICIALLY" TO IT ON THE BEGGINING BUT I WAS THE ONE who HAVE THE RIGHT CONTACTS SO IN FEW TIME I WAS ON HWP. NOW I'M ALONE ON IT.
UNTIL NOW THE RELEASES ARE:
HWP001 - INNER HELVETE - "Satanic Hecatomb"-promo'00(lim113)
HWP002 - WAR MASTER-"Only DEAD is Real"-demo'00 (lim113)
HWP003 - BAAL- "Apokalipsis...."-promo-track (lim66)
HWP004 - INNER HELVETE-“Glorification of the Unholy Lord"-demo'00/01 (lim.666)
HWP005 - INNER HELVETE / NECROCULT--(POR / BRA)-"Satanic Metal"--split tape'01 (lim. 666)
HWP006 - BAEL (Fra) - "Deathly Pale" - demo'02 (lim.666)
HWP007 - INNER HELVETE / STERKVIND - "Burning the false idol" - split tape'02 (lim. 666)
HWP008 - INNER HELVETE-"Total Bloodshedding Devastation"-cass.lp'02 (lim 166)
HWP09 - BEELZEBUL - (Col) - "The Powerfull Essence of Lucifthian in Times of Obscurantism" - cass.lp'02 (lim.666)
HWP010 - FRONT BEAST - (Ger) - "Procreation in Fire" - demo'02 (lim. 666)
HWP011 - WAR BLASPHEMY - (Por) - "For the Glory of the Unpure" - demo'02 (lim. 666)
HWP012 - ARMAGGEDON - (Fra) - "The Wrath of the Black Empire" - cass.lp'02 (lim.666)
HWP013 - LUGUBRE - (Hol) - "Bloodshedding War Hymns" - demo'03 (lim.666)
HWP014 - BLACK HOWLING - (Por) - "Flagellation Reigns Eternity" - demo'03 (lim 113)
HWP015 - INNER HELVETE / ARMAGGEDON - (Por / Fra) - "The Hordes of the Imperial Hell" - split tape'03 (lim118)
FORSAKEN ART , and DEATHCHURCH
There are rising good bands on our underground scene. I
think, some of them can be important on the worldwide underground Black Metal
scene. Do you think the Portuguese scene is strong? What do you think about it?
- Now I trust in some bands and I'm proud of our Underground Black Metal scene....but it takes too long time to be as it is today... Bands that I respect and support are: WAR MASTER, CORPUS CHRISTII, KREMATORIUM, INTHYFLESH, FORSAKEN ART, BLACK HOWLING, ACCEPTUS NOCTIFIER, STORM LEGION, MORTE INCANDESCENTE, ONIRIK....
Soon (in September i guess) will be released a compilation cd (not cdr) with some of this bands and others (Inner Helvete included)
- What do you think about the World-wide Black Metal scene?
- There's a lot of shit.... Now I'm only interested in the good relations that I have (some of them since many years ago), I know in which ones should I trust or don't.... I don't really care anymore! I'm doing my parcel...let others do the rest. And than i'll respect (or not) those.
- Black Metal is becoming divided. First it was only Satanism, now is appearing NS, Pagan and another "tentacles" on it? Do you think it is good?
- For me Black Metal is: Heavy Metal concerning the sound. Satanism concerning the lyrics! I respect some of those NS or Pagan bands but are they Black Metal in the true meaning????
- What do you think of the bands that give a wrong vision about Black Metal to people from the Mainstream?
- Now BM is no more respected. Today everyone who dresses a Cradle Of Filth shirt thinks that are a Black Metal guy and evil one.... Black Metal should be the most extreme side of HEAVY METAL and it should be always Underground, a thing that it wasn't now.
Now pseudo BM appears on big magazines and so on and that is incorrect (it's my personal opinion).
Those bands should be boycotted by the ones who are truly involved on Black Metal and let them have their beauty fame in the middle of the masses...soon or later they will disappear.
- People talk about the good old days, referring to the 80's Black Metal. In fact I think it were days where Black Metal was strong. Do you think things should go back or do you like the actual Black Metal bands ideologies?
- All Heavy Metal aggression, disrespect, and UNION through bands and fans from the 80's should return. Now there's many rottenness between all. Fuck you all.
- Since a few years ago, a so-called "Black Metal" was addopted by maggots who claim to be satanists and evil guys. What do you think of this shit?
- I couldn't do nothing except boycott all those bands. Join me and boycott that shit. And on their gigs spit on those weak humans.
- The last one. Can you give me a clue about the up-coming Inner Helvete attacks?
- Now have been released a split tape with Armaggedon limited to 118 copies, a split ep with War Blasphemy. And there's plans for a split ep with Woods of Infinity, and a split tape with Krematorium.
And the cd compilation with only Lusitanian BM bands with unreleased tracks from all bands.
Thanks your answering my questions, last words are
- Keep supporting the ones who deserve it and don't loose your time with dickheads (as i have done too many times).
Someone that may want to contact us could do it to POBox 540, S. Lazaro; 6201-907 Covilhã - Portugal
But don't send stupid letters, i'm sick of it.