Title: Chocolate Traces
Author: Amber Avalon
Author Email: amberavalon989@hotmail.com
Rating:R
Disclaimer: This story is based on characters and situations created and owned by JK Rowling, various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoast Books, and Warner Bros., Inc. No money is being made and no copyright or trademark infringement is intended.


Her mouth twisted uncomfortably as she spoke. "Do you... do you still want to... you know? I mean, now that we're alone?"

Hermione's brow furrowed. "Of course I do, silly! Why do you think I went to the trouble of sending the others away?"

Kicking off her shoes, Hermione casually flopped upon her pristinely folded bedcovers. "Honestly, Ginny," she chided, "you can be so thick sometimes."

Ginny's twisted mouth slid into a frown. "I just didn't want to... you know, assume anything... just because of the library and all. I mean, I wasn't sure if you..."

Hermione's features softened as she watched her young friend fidget. "Oh come here, you," she beckoned. Her dark eyes brightened as Ginny stepped shakily forward.

Ginny could feel the backs of her knees dampen with sweat as she paused between Hermione's outstretched legs. Her freckled cheeks were aflame, and her hands felt clammy when she tensely flexed her fingers.

"Well?" Hermione demanded, her eyebrow arching.

"Well, what?" Ginny questioned timidly, unable to meet the intense scrutiny of the other's candid gaze.

"Aren't you going to kiss me?" Hermione implored, a hint of exasperation carried in her tone. "There isn't that much time, you know. I do intend to actually study this afternoon."

Ginny nodded quickly, her expression blank. "Right... so you want me to... I mean, I thought you would..."

Hermione expelled an airy sigh and gingerly reached to clasp her hands around Ginny's waist. "Has anyone ever told you, Ginny, that you are simply the epitome of 'Weasley'?"

Ginny's mouth hung silently open. Daring to breathe, she shifted her weight from one numbed foot to the other, just as Hermione's lips planted themselves firmly against her's. She nearly toppled forward as she reeled, sucking in sharply with a startle as Hermione's warm essence flooded her mouth.

Stiffly grasping Hermione's shoulders, she steadied herself once more. Her fingers trembled as she leaned into the soft envelopment of the kiss. She felt her body's constriction ease while her insides heaved. With a quaver, she detected Hermione's hand traveling the length of her torso. The stray fingers stroked the starchy fabric where the nipple was concealed, as the palm gently cupped Ginny's breast. A moan escaped Ginny's lips and was stifled by the persistent probings of Hermione's tongue, sweet with the coating of melted chocolate frogs, and alive with wriggles inside Ginny's mouth.

Hermione's hand flexed tentatively and Ginny hurriedly covered her friend's hand with her own. She firmly pressed with fervent encouragement, and Hermione compliantly groped harder. Kneading smoothly with her palm, she plucked at the fabric as it chafed the delicate skin beneath.

Ginny was aware of a pounding in her ears. Her knees grew increasingly wobbly, as Hermione's arms began to urge her downward. Breathlessly, she tumbled across Hermione's reclined body. She wasacutely aware of her position, pressed firmly between her friend's thighs.

"Ginny," Hermione murmured.

"Ginny!" Hermione's insistent whisper intruded upon the dozing Gryffindor's awareness. "Ginny, wake up!"

Ginny's eyes focused upon her Charms textbook, laying open before her on the library table. She lifted her head from the support of her hand and wiggled her fingers, tingling with renewed feeling.

"I think she's watching us again," Hermione continued, aggrievedly indicating the towering bookshelves to their left. "Creepy librarian," she mumbled. "We should get out of here."

Ginny nodded, reality returning with a forceful clarity. She hastily gathered her things while stifling a yawn.

"I think we need to find another study spot," Hermione confided with a wink.

Ginny swallowed hard and silently followed her friend to the library's exit. She sensed the glare of Madame Pince's gaze upon her back as they departed.

"Do you think she saw... everything?" Ginny inquired timorously.

"I'm not quite sure," Hermione hesitantly replied. "I'm glad she's not a professor though. I definitely don't need anyone else giving grades based upon personal opinions. It's such an injustice."

"Maybe her opinions aren't bad ones," Ginny pondered with a grin. "What do you think she makes of it all?"

Hermione shrugged. "I'd rather not find out."

Nodding her accordance, Ginny shifted her thoughts from creepy librarians to Hermione's hand. It hung empty at her side with fingers fractionally curled, as if entwining an invisible grasp. Cautiously, Ginny extended her own fingers forward. Without slowing her gait, she casually brushed the back of Hermione's hand with wavering fingertips.

"Would you like the rest of my chocolate frog?" Hermione quickly exerted. "I've only eaten half."

The dimly lit corridor concealed the way in which Hermione pressed the offering into Ginny's palm, lingering to stroke the chilled skin before retracting.

Ginny's eyes glittered as she took the confection into her mouth. She delicately lapped the chocolate with her tongue, blissfully savoring the sweetness.

Be a doll and send a review!

Story is © 2003 by Amber Avalon and may NOT be archived without prior permission of author.