Title: Charm Your Socks Off
Author: Dancing Rain
Author Email: dancingrain7@yahoo.com
Rating:PG-13
Disclaimer: This story is based on characters and situations created and owned by JK Rowling, various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoast Books, and Warner Bros., Inc. No money is being made and no copyright or trademark infringement is intended.

for Aja, because she asked for it


"Harry."

"Yeah?" Harry turned to lie on his back, gazing up at the ceiling with a sigh of contentment.

Draco ran a finger along Harry's collarbone.

"Don't you ever wonder.... I mean, doesn't it ever seem funny to you?"

"Does what seem funny?"

"You know, just us. I mean, who'd have ever thought it?"

Harry's forehead wrinkled in concern, and he propped himself on one elbow to gaze at his boyfriend.

"Don't tell me you're having second thoughts again." Harry's eyes were pleading. "Draco?"

Draco grabbed both of Harry's hands and held them, searching out his boyfriend's eyes.

"No, oh, no!" Draco kissed Harry quickly. "Never."

They smiled, enjoying the warmth of each others' gaze.

"It's just," Draco continued, "I mean, there we were, just three months ago I remember cursing Ron Weasley so hard he was spitting up flobberworms for a week."

Harry grinned at the memory. "Yeah, and then Hermione turned you into a mongoose and set your feathers on fire." His grin widened. "You and Ron were in the hospital wing for days."

Draco waved one finger with mock severity.

"It did hurt, you know!"

"Yeah, but you were cute as a mongoose!"

"Cuter than I am now?"

Harry's eyes grew wide and mischievous as he tackled Draco into a kiss that left both boys gasping for air before they relaxed again, side by side against the giving plush of the carpet. Draco turned to fix Harry with a serious expression, hints of a smile tugging at his lips.

"You know, Harry, cursing Ron like that was probably the best thing I ever did in my life."

"Dray-co!" Harry whined, throwing an overstuffed pillow at his boyfriend. "I thought I was the best thing you ever did in your life!"

"Come on, Harry," Draco grabbed a twist of Harry's hair and absently curled it in his fingers as he continued, "You know what I mean..."

Harry was suddenly serious, turning to meet Draco's eyes.

"Yeah, I do."

Another kiss.

"All I meant is, who'd have thought? One minute I'm cursing the Weasel halfway to kingdom come, and the next day we're actually talking to each other in the hospital wing."

"Being alone with no one but Madam Pomfrey for company has a way of doing that to you. Believe me, I know."

Draco's grin answered Harry's, his voice soft.

"But there was one thing you didn't know...."

Playfully toussling Draco's hair, moving down to caress his face, Harry responded dreamily.

"Yeah...."

"It's amazing how Ron Weasley seems to inspire the urge to tell secrets, isn't it? I'll never forget that look on his face.... He just kept grinning, and saying 'Just wait til I tell Harry.'"

Draco's hand stopped its lazy circles across Harry's chest to rest underneath his chin, forcing Harry to look up at him.

"You know, for the rest of that day I was sure he'd meant you'd love to use it against me." He shook his head, his loose blond tendrils bouncing in the firelight. "I was cursing myself for having believed I could actually trust him."

Harry was beaming, gazing deeply into his eyes.

"Silly you."

"Well, how's a boy supposed to know his worst enemy's going to waltz over to his hospital bed after dinner and proceed to calmly charm his socks off?"

"I'd have liked to charm more than just your socks...."

Draco rolled his eyes.

"Is that all you think about?"

"Seriously, you didn't see the way I'd been staring at you all last year?"

They snuggled closer together, though the fire ensured there was no need for warmth.

"Yeah, but that could've been anything. I thought you were wondering if I was passing secrets to Voldemort!"

Harry laughed.

"Even sillier you." He solemnly rested a finger against Draco's nose before trailing it over his lips to his chest. "You should've known Dumbledore tells me that sort of thing."

Draco's hand slipped underneath Harry's shirt.

"How was I supposed to think straight? I was too busy thinking of you."

Harry's hands were busy with the zipper of Draco's jeans.

"Mmm.... Maybe that explains why I was never any good in potions."

Harry raised his arms as his shirt was lifted over his head and tossed onto a nearby couch.

"And besides," Draco continued with a slow smile, "I was under this impression that you hated me...."

Draco's hands brushed Harry's thighs as he reached down to remove his socks, then turned to pull off his own.

"No, let me."

"What?"

Harry met his eyes with a wicked grin.

"You did say I charmed your socks off?"

Draco's left eyebrow rose several millimeters as Harry pulled out his wand.

"Desarmus Stockinus!"

Draco turned his face to watch his socks sail from his feet over Harry's head, finally landing on the hearth by the Gryffindor fireplace.

"Well, at least I'll have warm socks to walk home in!"

Harry pulled him in for another kiss, slower and more passionate than before.

"Oh, no, love." Harry breathed when they came up for air. "You're not going anywhere for a good long while."

Be a doll and send a review!

Story is © 2002 by Dancing Rain and may NOT be archived without prior permission of author.