ArcView Map Server - Ingredients
Here's some bare necessities (� Mother Natures Recipies)..
To make one AV Internet Map Server, prepare the following ingredients.
- My zip file containing the AV project and C stubs etc..
- A Unix box (AIX / Solaris / Linux etc) (before you get too into this make sure you have
the libraries mentioned in avclient.c in the zipfile - not all Unix implementations do)
- The Apache web server (http://www.apache.org)
- SAMBA for putting the resultant GIFs back onto the Unix box if AV is Windows
actually get it anyway if you want brilliant PC<->Unix connectivity. Get out of your
expensive NFS misery now! (http://www.samba.org)
- Standard Unix stuff like a C compiler (CC, gcc etc)
Netscape Navigator 4+. Not sure about IEX3 - give it a try.
- A copy of ArcView (2.1 and up, 3.1 recommended Windows platform preferred as they
export bitmaps otherwise you need Ghostscript to process the EPS files. If you want to use
Unix, see this note. If you have AV3.1, then it will
export a JPEG which saves an external call to convert the file.)
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and the inability to shoot off
emails when things don't work straight away..
- Err.. can't think of anything else at the moment...
Now, let's take a look at the instructions for putting it