The Juicer is a drug enhance human. With the discovery of Crystal Rose, and the research of a former Nazi, Dr. Heltz , who was attempting to create the super human using chemicals. S.N.A.I.L. was been able to use his research along with the combination of several alien drugs to create a final compound that will greatly enhance the human body.
The drugs are injected using a special harness that connect to the neck, arms, legs and chest. This "Juicer Harness" will activate when the user is in danger, or when the user activates it. This will pump the chemicals into the body giving the person the heightened abilities. Once the danger is over, the user can switch off the device or it will automatically do so when the body begins to relax. The harness will then begin to pump in chemicals to try and "clean" the system of the drugs. This is done in attempt to keep the user from becoming addicted to the drugs, as well as a way to calm them down.
A great price is paid when one takes on the Juicer conversion. Because of some side effects of the drugs used, the persons mind will collapse, and the user will go mad. Once a persons mind has been lost, the body is not long to follow. Because of the extra strain on the body from the chemicals, the body will simply rip itself apart in one form or another. Once a person has begun the transformation, it is almost impossible to go back. (See Detoxification).
From researching, and volunteers, it has become apparent that minor and even major psionics have some kind of defense against the insanity. If the subject of the conversion is a psionic of some kind their unique skills some how let the mind deal with the flooding of new images. But the user will only have a faction of their Psi powers. And even then this is only a way to prolong the madness, and even they will start to fall apart.
1. Heightened Awareness Reflexes: +2 attack per melee round, +8 to PP (minimum PP of 20), +8 on initiative, +5 to strike, +8 to parry and dodge, an automatic dodge, +6 to save vs. horror factor (fearless unless insanity dictates otherwise), +20% to any acrobatic or gymnastic type skill, +15% to PER, +1d6x10 to Spd, and can leap 20+1d4 feet across or high, (half from a dead stop).
2. Heightened Physical Body: +10 to PS (minimum PS of 20), can lift or carry 2 times as much as a normal man of his PS, +3 to damage, +3d4 to PE, +8 to save vs. poison/toxins, fatigues at 20% the normal rate, and has an additional +4d6x10 SDC and +1d4x10 HP.
Note: The Juicer Harness can slow down the effects of poisons and toxins in order to fight them.
3. Hyper: The Juicer becomes full of energy and endurance. Unfortunately, the need to release the energy usually results in physical violence. Daredevil stunts are also a way these crazies vent energy; leaping from rooftops and speeding in vehicles are common.
4. Enhanced Healing: The Juicer can heal at four times the rate of a normal human, and has a +20% to save vs. coma and death. The harness itself has been equipped with a mixture similar to that of the Bio-Booster Medical Pack. The harness will activate a kind of "quick fix" healing process, and heal the Juicer for 2d4*10+10 SDC and 3d6+6 HP, can not exceed maximums, and extra points do not transfer over.. The "quick fix" comes with a price, the Juicer is so wired that he makes mistakes and is -6 to parry and dodge, -4 to strike but the Juicer gains +6 to Inish. Trying to do anything that requires a delicate touch or skilled hands is at a -20%, this includes prowl, but not perception, because the Juicer is on the look for anything, he gets a +20%. The effects last for 4d4 melees, HP and SDC are permanent. This can only be done once every two hours, because the body can't take the extra jump for very long.
5. Additional bonuses: +6 to save vs. psionics, +6 vs mind control (psionic or chemical).
Duration: After the system has attempted to "clean" the body, the Juicer bonuses will still last 1d4 melees, after that the Juicer is -4 to strike, parry and dodge, as well as having a -20% to PER for 2 minutes + 1d4 melees. If the harness is switched back on before the "clean" downtime has elapsed, the Juicer is STILL effected by the penalties, in addition to the bonuses his harness would normally give. This is because the body still hasn't flushed out the cleaning agent, and it is trying to counter act the new onslaught of the enhancing drugs.
Note: The bonuses are only in effect when the harness is activated, and they gain none of the bonuses until it is switched on for combat.
1. Insanity: Unsettles the psyche, resulting in temporary insanity. At first, the craziness wears off when the drugs do, but frequent and long-term users of more then six months, will become permanently insane. The only way to counter act the effects is to under go psychological treatment constantly. Each time a Juicer returns from a mission, he must undergo an intense evaluation. This will help prolong the persons mind, but that only works for so long. This will increase the time to 2d4 years. After that, the persons mind can no longer take the strain. After this time, select or roll one insanity. The Juicer will gain one more every six months until they are dead. (See Crazy Hero for Insanities). All Juicers tend to be suspicious of others and prone to acts of violence and cruelty (anti-social).
2. Shortened Life Span: Because the drugs take such a total on the persons body, it will eventually burn out. The Juicer will die after 8 years + 4d8 months to live. No saving throws, no hope.
Juicer Type A-1
No minimum Requirements.
Because of the nature of the work, and the special training that is
involved agents get the following bonus:
+1 IQ, +2 ME, +2 PS, +2 vs. horror factor, and +5% to PER.
Starting SDC: 30.
Note: These are in addition to the Juicer bonuses, and are active all the time.
Swimming: Advanced (+10%)
Radio Basic (+5%)
Escape Artist (+15%)
Oxygen Conservation (+5%)
Wilderness Survival (+15%)
W.P. Energy Pistol
W.P. Energy Rifle
W.P. Two of Choice
Note: HTH: Expert can be exchanged for HTH: Martial Arts at the cost of one other skill, or can be exchanged for one of the Martial Art forms from Ninjas and Superspys for the cost of three "other" skills, or six secondary.
O.C.C. Related: Select six "other" skills.
Two must be Physical, and two more must be from Espionage.
Electrical: Basic Only.
Espionage/Military: Any. (+10%)
Mechanical: Basic Only.
Physical: Any. (+10%)
Pilot: Any. (+5%)
Pilot Related: Any. (+5%)
Science: Mathematics: Basic.
Weapon Proficiencies: Any.
Select Six Secondary skills, two more at 3rd, and 6th, one at 9th and 12th. All secondary skills start at their base level.