An Ode to Sherilyn Fenn....
Greetings, I'm Chris Herr (Justice on the Net) and I've been a big fan of Sherilyn
Fenn's work since she was in Twin Peaks. I've been backtracking and keeping up with her current work to
create the site you see here. If you have other information about Sherilyn or comments please
send me and I'll post it.
A bit of Sherilyn's History...
A captivating blue-eyed beauty (she says "murky blue" eyes) born in Detroit, Michigan, Sherilyn Fenn
had an unconventional childhood.
Sheryl Ann (later "Sherilyn") was the youngest of 3 kids.
She and her two older siblings and a young half-sister
and half-brother spent their growing-up years moving from place to
place with their mother, Arlene, who played keyboards for various rock
bands. Sherilyn got used to changing schools and sets of friends.
She recalls that "it was a little unsettling always being the 'new
girl,' but I developed an instinct for knowing who my friends would
At 17, Fenn and her mother moved to Beverly Hills. The
teenager decided to pursue an acting career and studied for a year
with various teachers. After a brief stint as a Playboy bunny at
the Century City (L.A.) Playboy Club, Ms. Fenn appeared in a number
of small features, including "Out of Control," "The Wraith,"
opposite Charlie Sheen, and "Prep School," with Virginia Madsen.
She played supporting roles in the television movies "Silence of
the Heart" (aka "Death of a Sibling"), " "Divided We Stand," "Liz: The Elizabeth
Taylor Story," and in "A Season in Purgatory," a miniseries
story of money, murder, sex, and power. She also guest starred on "21
Fenn is known for her portrayal in the film, "Two Moon
Junction," in which she gave a provocative performance as a
vulnerable debutante who is corrupted by her passion for an
Her biggest claim to fame would come in 1990, when she got the prize role of Audrey Horne in "Twin Peaks" after reading for all the female leads. Sherilyn made a memorable impression as the cherry stem-twisting siren. This was her breakout role; even now she says of her Twin Peaks experience: "It still makes me feel kind of proud and special to be part of something like that."
Sherilyn was also in several other feature films: "Back Street Strays," in which she
co-stared with Brooke Shields; the David Lynch release, "Wild at Heart," in
which her character is discovered in the aftermath of a horrifying car accident in the
middle of nowhere; a comedy called "Fatal Instinct;" a romatic comedy with Kelly Lynch
and Billy Baldwin called "Three of Hearts;" and a Jennifer Lynch production, "Boxing Helena."
and a few years ago starred in Showtime's "Slave of Dreams" where
she plays Potiphar's wife.
She stared in the February 14th episode of Tales from the Crypt entitiled
"You, Murderer." It was the HBO fifth season finale and stared Sherilyn, John Lithgow,
Isabella Rossellini and Humphrey Bogart, who, through the use of extensive computer
imagery, was able to appear and interact with the other characters.
At the end of 1996, Fenn was voted the 32nd "Sexiest Figure in Science Fiction" by Femme Fatales Magazine.
In the Summer of 98 she began working on a new series for Showtime called 'Rude Awakening' (see interviews.)
In addition, she starred opposite Kevin Pollak and Robert Loggia in THE MOVIE CHANNEL
original picture, NATIONAL LAMPOON'S THE DON'S ANALYST and recently starred in three independent
films - DARKNESS FALLS (with Ray Winstone), LOVE LIFE (opposite Bruce Davison and Jon Tenney),
and JUST WRITE which won the Best Film Award at the 1997 Santa Barbara Film Festival.
Offscreen, Sherilyn is proud of the friendship she has maintained with her ex-hubby Toulouse Holliday, a musician and film technician. Sherilyn lives with her son, Myles, and two cats: Ophelia and Redmond. Sherilyn practices meditative kundalini yoga, and every room in her house has féng shui elements-- crystals in one corner, water in another. Sherilyn enjoys biking, swimming and cooking, and of course being a mom: "After I had my son, I found life much funnier and brighter."
- Biography written by Christian Herr
Sherilyn Fenn with Lara Flynn Boyle and Mädchen Amick pose on the cover of Rolling Stone.
"Babes in the Woods," October Fourth, 1990
Click here to jump ahead to Interviews with Sherilyn Fenn:
Biographical information for Sherilyn Fenn
Date of birth : 1 February 1965,
Height : 5' 3.5" tall. [Some say 5'4"]
Location : Detroit, MI
Mother : Arlene
Siblings : Two brothers: Leo (4 yrs. older) and David (2 yrs. older)
- She also has a younger half-sister and a half-brother.
Former Spouse : 'Toulouse Holliday' (QV) (? - ?)Divorced
Son with Holliday : Myles (Born in October or November of 1993).
Pets : In 1991 Sherilyn reported to having two dogs (akitas) and three cats.
- But in 2000 she is only reported to have two cats: Ophelia and Redmond. (Perhaps Holliday got the dogs and a cat?)
Trivia : Sherilyn's aunt is 70's pop singer Suzi Quatro.
- Featured in May 92 Cosmopolitan, "Saucy Sexpot Sherilyn Fenn."
- She was on the featured on the cover of Sexy Women #1 in May, 1992.
- (1991) She was chosen by People magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the world.
- Featured in the December 1991 issue of Details, "Fenn & Games."
- Sherilyn appeared in the December 1990 edition of PLAYBOY magazine entitled "Fenn-tastic."
- A fan told me that Sherilyn's Father, Leo Fenn, lives in Panama City Beach, FL. He is a nice man who is very proud of his daughter, and he is often mistaken for Kenny Rogers when he goes out and about. :)
Personal quotes and notes:
Director 'David Lynch' once described her as "Five feet of heaven in a ponytail."
Sherilyn's name is scrawled across Johnny Depp's helmet in the movie Platoon (1986)
Was once engaged to Johnny Depp
and was rumored to have dated Kiefer Sutherland
- "Birds of Prey" (2002) TV Series .... Dr. Harleen Quinzel/Harley Quinn
- $windle (2002) .... Sophie Zen
- United States of Leland, The (2002) (I saw them filming this in LA -Chris : )
- Off Season (2001) (TV) .... Patty Winslow
- Cement (1999) [Lyndel]
- Love, American Style (1999) (TV) "Love and the Jealous Lover" 02/20/99
- Outside Ozona (1998) [Marcy Duggan]
- "Cupid" (1998) (TV) "Pick-Up Schticks" 11/07/98
- Darkness Falls (1998) a.k.a Dangerous Obsessions [Sally Driscoll]
- Johnny Hit and Run Pauline (1998)
- Rude Awakening (1998) [Billie Frank] (Billie's darkly comic journey to sobriety in this racy adult comedy. (Showtime Series))
- Nightmare Street (1998) (TV) [Joanna Burke/Sarah Randolph]
- Just Write (early 98) [Amanda Clark] (She plays a Hollywood actress courted by Jeremy Piven's character)
- The Don's Analyst (late 97) (with Kevin Pollack and Robert Logia)
- Lovelife (1997) [Molly]
- Friends episode "The One With Phoebe's Ex-Partner" (Feb 6th, 97) (TV Sitcom) [Chandler's girlfriend "Ginger," who has a wooden leg. She once went out with Joey]
- The Shadow Men (1997) [Dez Wilson]
- The Assassination File (late 96) (movie on "Starz!" cable channel) [Leading role as an FBI Agent]
- A Season in Purgatory (5/5/1996) (TV) [Kitt]
- Out In the Cold aka: The Assassination File(1996) (TV) [Lauren Jacobs]
- Liz: The Elizabeth Taylor Story (1995) (TV) [Liz]
- Slave of Dreams (1996) (Showtime) [Potiphar's Wife "Zulaikah"]
- You, Murderer (1995) (HBO Tales from the Crypt) [Erica]
- Spring Awakening (1994(5)) (TV)
- Boxing Helena (1993) [Helena]
- Fatal Instinct (1993) [Laura Lincolnberry]
- Three of Hearts (1993) [Ellen]
- Desire and Hell at Sunset Motel (1992) [Bridey]
- Of Mice and Men (1992) [Curley's Wife]
- Ruby (1992) [Candy Cane]
- Diary of a Hit Man (1991) [Jain]
- Dillinger (1991) (TV) [Billie]
- "Twin Peaks" (1990-1991) [Audrey Horne]
- Wild at Heart (1990)[Girl in Accident]
- Backstreet Dreams aka Back Street Strays (1990) [Lucy Costello]
- Meridian aka Kiss of the Beast, aka Phantoms (the British release)(1990) [Catherine Bomarzini]
Note: Fenn starred with actress Charlie Spradling, who played one of the girls at 1-Eyed Jacks in Twin Peaks!
- True Blood (1989) [Jennifer Scott]
- Crime Zone (1988) [Helen]
- Divided We Stand (1988) (TV)
- Two Moon Junction (1988) [April DeLongpre]
- Zombie High aka The School That Ate My Brain (1987) [Suzi]
- ABC AFTERSCHOOL SPECIAL: "A Family Again" (1988)
- 21 JUMP STREET: [She tries to hired J. Depp to kill her abusive father, who is a policeman]
- Thrashin' (1986) [Velvet]
- Wraith, The (1986)[Keri Johnson]
- Just One of the Guys (1985) [Sandy]
- CHEERS: "The Groom Wore Clearasil" (24 Oct 85)
- Out of Control (1985)[Katie Toland]
- Silence of the Heart aka Death of a Sibling (1984) (TV) [Monica]
- Wild Life, The (1984)[Penny Harlin]
Notable TV guest appearances...
- I think she was in a recent Dawson's Creek, from what I saw in an ad, but I'm not sure. : /
- "Dawson's Creek" (1998) playing "Alex Pearl" in episode: "Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)" (episode # 5.20) 4/24/2002
- "Dawson's Creek" (1998) playing "Alex" in episode: "Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)" 4/24/2002
- "Night Visions" (2001) playing "Charlotte" in episode: "Used Car" (episode # 1.8) 7/26/2001
- "Outer Limits, The" (1995) playing "Nora Griffiths" in episode: "Replica" (episode # 7.7) 4/27/2001
- "Cupid" (1998/I) playing "Helen Davis" in episode: "Pick-Up Schticks" (episode # 1.7) 11/7/1998
- "Friends" (1994) playing "Ginger" in episode: "One with Phoebe's Ex-Partner, The" (episode # 3.14) 2/6/1997
- "Tales from the Crypt" (1989) playing "Erika" in episode: "You, Murderer" (episode # 6.15) 1/25/1995
- "21 Jump Street" (1987) playing "Diane Nelson"(uncredited) in episode: "Back from the Future" (episode # 4.15) 1/29/1990
- "21 Jump Street" (1987) playing "Diane Nelson" in episode: "Blindsided" (episode # 1.9) 5/31/1987
- "Cheers" (1982) playing "Gabrielle" in episode: "Groom Wore Clearasil, The" (episode # 4.4) 10/24/1985
I wanted to thank everyone who has contributed information to me for use on this site,
especially Richard Perry who writes
and publishes Kiss of the Beauty.
Sherilyn, if you could show us what is behind curtain number 3...
Ah, thank you, now people can check these out:
Go to GeoCities Athens
Sherilyn Fenn's Interviews
Sherilyn Fenn's On-Line Interview on AOL
Sherilyn Fenn's Interview by MJ Simpson(Oct 97)
Sherilyn Fenn's Interview in BIKINI Magazine (October 98)
Sherilyn Fenn's Interview in Orange Coast Magazine (Jan 99)
This page has been accessed
times since 1/18/96.
Created February 28, 1995
This is a production of Balance Publishing
© 2002 Christian Herr
This page is Balance Enhanced.