candle candle candle Candle Prayer Request Form candle candle candle

Preliminaries:

Guidelines for receiving your prayer candle

1. While nothing is absolutely required except for the prayer you want remembered, having your name and for whom the prayer is being offered helps me in setting up your candle space and in praying for you. BUT

2. Prayers can be anonymous. You may submit multiple requests, but please, only one request per form.

3. Petitions can be of any type. I do ask however, that you be as concise as possible for purposes of creating your prayer space. I will create a link from your candle to your actual prayer. In addition your prayer will be gathered together with all the other prayers to form a Litany of Intercession.*

4. As at the Shrine -petitions are remembered for two weeks. At the end of two weeks the candle is ordinarily removed. Petitions can be renewed, but you need to let me know in advance.

5. I do however, accept Standing Prayers, (i.e. for chronic illness) There are thus two kinds of prayer candles, a Two Week Candle and a Standing Prayer Candle.

6. No contribution is either required or sought in exchange for your prayer candle. If you do feel the need to make an offering, may I suggest that you make it in honor of your intention to a local charity, or church-group, or some other worthy cause.

7. I attempt to put prayers up within a week of recieving them. If you do not see your prayer within a week of posting your request, know that your reqeust is still being prayed for, and that your candle will be postd as soon as possible.

8. Every week I will make a compilation of the prayers submitted and send a weekly prayer list to everyone who gave an email address to let you know that you are being prayer for.

*Geocities guidelines require a link back to them. Every prayer thus has a link back to geocities. I have tried to mimnize its appearance for these prayers ONLY.

an example of a two week candle an example of a Standing candle

your name: Please tell me your name

your email: Please tell me your email address if you would like a personal acknowledgement

recipient: Please tell me for whom the prayer is intended

Please write your petition in the space provided

May the Light of Christ shine upon you

pilgrims have sent prayers to the Shrine.
http://www.oocities.org/Athens/Forum/4752/prayer_form.html is under the patronage of Geocities: your home on the Web Get your own free homeapge!

Created on June 19, 1997
Last updated on 02/11/00