Author of the Month

TERESA  MEDEIROS

Divider

Upcoming Titles:

LADY OF CONQUEST — December 1998 — Bantam Books

CHARMING THE PRINCE — April 1999 — Bantam Books

Letter from the Author:

Dear Readers,

Lady of Conquest My heroes and heroines always seem to be on the verge of either kissing or killing each other. Conn of the Hundred Battles and Gelina O Monaghan in LADY OF CONQUEST are no exception. For you loyal romance fans, I have to assure you that the kissing always wins out in the end! LADY OF CONQUEST was first published almost ten years ago. I wrote it with all the joy and passion of a crazed twenty-one-year-old, so if you find it a little more naughty and a little less politically correct than my more recent books, I hope you'll be gentle with me. It was my first time!

In a way, I feel that LADY OF CONQUEST is just as much your book as it is mine. It was you who put NOBODY'S DARLING (April 1998) and TOUCH OF ENCHANTMENT (June 1997) on the extended New York Times bestseller list, and it was you who kept clamoring for the re-release of LADY after it had been out of print for nine years. Since publishing LADY in the first place was my heart's desire, it was also you who proved to me that dreams can come true, not just once, but twice!

Here's an excerpt from LADY OF CONQUEST. In this scene, Conn has discovered a mysterious masked beauty during the festival of Midsummer's Eve. He has no idea that she is his rebellious young ward.

Gelina balked as Conn pulled her inexorably toward the flickering light. She pressed herself to the wall, knowing he could see the curve of her flaming cheek in the half light. His hand cupped her face, but she resisted his gentle effort to tilt her face to the light.
     "So shy and sweet," he murmured. "You must not fear me."
     "I heard the soldier address you. I know you are...the king," she said softly, not trusting herself to say his name.
     "Today I was a king. Tonight I am only a man."
     His lips brushed hers. Her lips parted in a gasp, and his mouth closed on hers with gentle insistence, the taste of ale warm and sweet and dark against her tongue.
     His mouth moved against hers. "I was afraid I'd never find you and the sweetness of your kiss would haunt me forever."
     His hand cradled her chin. His lips molded and tugged with teasing expertise until she was open and vulnerable to the full ardor of his kiss. The burning blood deserted her cheeks and rushed through her body in a dizzying current.
     "So you know who I am," he whispered. "'Tis only fair for me to know who you are. I cannot bear to lose you again."
     Before she could speak, both of her wrists were gently caught in one of his hands. He reached up to unmask her. Gelina did not have time to think of the consequences. She pressed her lips to his in a trembling kiss, feeling them part in surprise at the apparent fervor of her passion.

Copyright © 1998  Teresa H. Medeiros

While you're busy stuffing your stockings with all the wonderful romances being released during the holiday season, I'll be putting the finishing touches on my April 1999 Bantam release, CHARMING THE PRINCE. It is a tender, funny Medieval about a bold baron who's afraid of nothing on earth—except for his twelve unruly children and falling in love with the bride he buys to care for them.

I'm in the process of signing with Bantam for three more books, so I look forward to writing for them and for you well into the next millennium!

Keep the faith,
Teresa Medeiros
December 1998

Contact Teresa by writing to: Teresa Medeiros, Author, c/o Bantam Books, 1540 Broadway, New York, 10036. She promises a personal reply and always appreciates an SASE if possible.

Visit her Web Site: http:www.win.net/romance/terbio.htm

Books by Teresa Medeiros:

NOBODY'S DARLING — April 1998 — Bantam Books

TOUCH OF ENCHANTMENT — June 1997 — Bantam Books

SHADOWS AND LACE — October 1996 — Bantam Books

BREATH OF MAGIC — March 1996 — Bantam Books

FAIREST OF THEM ALL — June 1995 — Bantam Books

THIEF OF HEARTS — October 1994 — Bantam Books

A WHISPER OF ROSES — September 1993 — Bantam Books

ONCE AN ANGEL — April 1993 — Bantam Books

HEATHER AND VELVET — June 1992 — Bantam Books

Home