The one-stop AP shop The One-Stop AP Shop
LinkExchange Member Free Home Pages at GeoCities

Welcome to the One-Stop AP Shop!

Book summaries, character lists, English papers, History essays, Science research, and more are just as far away as your PC!

What we offer here at One-Stop:

Detailed chronologies and character lists are our primary interest. We are very proud of the wide variety of books we've collected; there are as many as you will ever find anywhere. Other projects, word banks, and resources for presentations are frequently available upon request.

A variety of research papers over various authors and their works are available. All of these reports have an outline and are annotated with in-notes and an accompanying bibliography.

We have collected and written dozens of essays and reports over the years of high school and college. This is our fastest growing section because of constant additions submitted to us as well as new assignments given us by our teachers.

Please stop by and:

Sign the Guestbook

View the Guestbook

Contact us

Visit other sites that can help you

I bet you're thinking:

"Who are these guys and why are they doing this?"

"Wait a second! Is this illegal or cheating?"

"How can I submit some of my great stuff to One-Stop?"

Contact us!

Email us with your comments, concerns, advice, or submissions.

galahad@vzinet.com

stoneg2@netcom.com

Other sites that can help you out:

A chapter a day

Chris Haas' poetry and prose page

And not to forget the greatest summaries of classic books known to man... Wishbone! Hey, I know it's childish, but I love that show!

"Who are these guys?"

Well, we're not any different from you. Galahad, StoneG, and David are all high school graduates, class of 1998. We suffered through three years of "gifted and talented" English, which was theoretically an AP class, although we did no college-level work. We wised up and took English 1301 and 1302 at the local college this summer, so we didn't have to sit through the senior year English rhetoric. We all have our own unique styles in our work, all of which is A quality, if not a perfect score. Right now Galahad and David are both at Texas A&M University and StoneG is at Southern Methodist University.

Galahad's chronologies tend to be short and precise, as are his character lists. His essays, research papers, and analysis are all well thought out and are frequently written from a unique viewpoint or with unique style. It is Galahad who maintains the page.

StoneG has his share of short and long papers. He can pull together a presentation on even the worst of books and make it terrific. StoneG does a lot of our recruiting and has brought in many research papers and chronologies.

David's work, at least his chronologies and character lists, is very detailed and longer than most. His creativity shows through in his essays as well. He's been the most responsible in keeping up with his work from the years, so he has more work posted than anyone else does.

"Why are they doing this?"

Well, we basically hated our English classes in high school. We read long, pointless books that were not at all interesting to us. Our teacher would assign us books based on who she thought we "really were", but was so near insanity that she... well, she was nuts.

So, what I'm saying is that we feel for all of you out there who are in this situation. With our experiences and papers used as guides, we hope that maybe you can avoid the endless stress and torment so often associated with AP work.

"Is this illegal or cheating?"

Okay, here's the disclaimer. When used properly and not abused, the One-Stop AP Shop is no different from Cliff's Notes. We post our work as examples, guidelines, and research avenues for you to follow. The Modern Language Association (MLA) recognizes the Internet as a legitimate form of research. No one, not even your teachers or professors can argue with the MLA.

So, no, this is not cheating in any shape, form, or fashion. We are a resource. End of story.

"How do I submit?"

Simple. Our basic guidelines are these:

1. We ask that it be your original work.
  2. We prefer all work to be in Rich Text Format or Word 6.0 format (.doc). The best alternative is a text (.txt) file.
  3. Please be willing to modify your format or work upon request.
  4. Lastly, please tell us whether or not you would like a by-line. (Some of us like to remain safely anonymous.)

Just email one of us and write [SUBMIT] in the subject line of the mail. Please attach the file, don't just cut and paste it onto the email. If any of the above is a problem remember that our first goal is to help as many people as we can. We will work with you to get your files. The above are preferences, not laws.

This site supports many ideals and organizations, among them free speech.

You are visitor number to this site since July 19, 1997.

CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE TOP 1000!

This page hosted by GeoCities Get your own Free Home Page

Best experienced with
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Click here to start.