1. We admit that we are powerless over people, places and things, that we are powerless over our abusers, that we are powerless over our pain, our hate and our anger.
2. We have come to believe in a Power greater then ourselves.
3. We have made a decision to turn our lives and our will over to the care of that Higher Power of our understanding.
4. We have become willing take a fearless and searching moral inventory of ourselves.
5. We have become willing to admit to our Higher Power, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. We have become entirely ready to have our Higher Power remove all these defects of character.
7. We humbly ask our Higher Power to remove our shortcomings.
8. We made a list of all those we have harmed and have become willing to make amends to them all.
9. We made a direct amends to those people, wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. We continue to take a daily personal inventory and when we are wrong, we promptly admit it.
11. We have sought through prayer and meditation, to improve our conscious contact with our Higher Power, as we understand Him, seeking only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry it out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to those who still suffer, and to practice these principles in all our affairs."
Return To Main MDA Page