Thank you for your interest in becoming an Augusta Community Leader
(CL). The CL job can be very rewarding and fun as you meet new people and help them build
their new homes in Augusta and GeoCities. The information presented here should answer
most of your questions about becoming a CL.
WHAT DO CLs DO?
- CL's meet new people.
- CL's help people by answering their questions and getting to know
- CL's work with other CL's to help Augusta be a nice place to visit
- CL's look for nice pages to give awards to.
- CL's attend meetings and vote on line.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENT FOR BECOMING A CL?
- First you must live in Augusta or one of its suburbs.
- You must be willing to spend some time helping every week. Most of us
are on an hour every day.
- Your site in Augusta must have golf as its main theme.
- Your site must follow all of GeoCities guidelines. As a Leader, you
are setting an example.
- You need some skill with HTML in order to help others. Your site
should stand out a little.
- You must know where most everything is in GeoCities and be able to
tell people how to find it.
ARE THERE ANY SPECIAL BENEFITS TO BEING A CL?
Yes there are.
- First, you get to help others.
- 25 GeoPoints per month. These go toward special drawings and prizes
that Geo gives away
- After 6 months as a CL, you are eligible for free GeoPlus membership.
- You will get other things as GeoCities gives them out. They like CL's
and do very nice things for us.
- First, you must always be polite when representing GeoCities and
- GeoCities values your opinion but be courteous when expressing it.
- Always answer your E Mail promptly.
- Try to follow the Golden Rule and you can't go wrong.
IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT?
Yes, GeoCities has a minimum age that you must have seen when you
signed up. You must be 13 or get your parents consent. Augusta likes the CL to be 15.
WHAT TRAINING WILL I RECEIVE?
Training is cool. You will get to go to GeoU. It is an online school
set up just for training a new CL. You will meet your Mentor and they will see that you
complete 5 lessons. This will help prepare you to help other people. After that, you will
take a fianl exam. When you pass, you will begin orientation in Augusta. You will be on
"probation" for one month while you learn how we do things. The whole thing
should take about 2 weeks.
That's all there is to it. Sounds like fun, huh? Remember, that we
expect you to stay wih us for a while. This is not really a short term thing and sometimes
it is work but mostly we all have fun doing it and we think you will too.
What do you say? Want to send us your name and stuff so we can tell
you more? OK, good. Fill out this little application and we will contact you.
Remember, being a Community
Leader is an important responsibility. Children under 13 are not permitted to apply. The
personal information you will be providing is being sent to and collected by a volunteer,
a Community Leader, and NOT an employee of GeoCities. This information is being collected
solely for the purpose of evaluating your application to become a Community Leader, and
deterrmining whether you should be accepted as an [Neighborhod] Community Leader. As part
of the evaluation process, your information is likely to be reviewed by other
[Neighborhood] Community Leaders, and may be kept on file by the [Neighborhood] Community
Leaders for an indeterminate period of time. [any other uses should be disclosed]. Please
contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any
questions about your information is used.