- The American Horseshoe Pitchers Association (AHPA) rules shall govern in all cases except those specifically stated as otherwise in these by-laws.
- ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES PERMITTED. ANYONE SEEN DRINKING WILL BE ASK TO LEAVE.
- Smoking will not be allowed in the pit area during games.
- You must be able to pitch full court to be a regular pitcher. (40 ft. for Men, 30 ft. for Women, Youth and Persons over 65 Years of age.)
- In order for a Youth to pitch in the league, they must be 12 years old and able to pitch 30 feet safely. The officers must determine safety of youth pitcher.
- Courtesy rule: When your opponent is pitching, you must not bother in anyway, your opponents efforts to deliver their shoes. (Penalty: Both shoes of the offender will be declared foul in the inning complained of.)
- Any member who indulges in heckling or unfair rooting or constantly uses foul language with malicious intent or otherwise, shall be expelled from the grounds.
- Any player repeatedly violating rules, or guilty of un-sportsman like conduct, risks being denied further participation in league play.
- Removal of Executive Board Member:
- Charges must be made in writing to the executive board by 1/2 of the executive board or by 1/2 of the regular membership.
- Removal of executive board members shall be done at a regular meeting.
- All members must be notified at least 7 days in advance.
- An officer may be removed by 2/3 affirmative vote of all members present at this meeting.
- All warm-ups will cease at 6:45 p.m. in case of a league meeting. First, game to start promptly at 7:00 p.m. If a team does not have enough members to pitch at stating time, a waiting period of 5 minutes will be allowed. If the player does not show, the team will pitch with a sub or a blind if no subs are present.
- Every member is expected to refrain from littering on the courts and the surrounding area.
- It is the duty of every member of every team (men and women), to prepare the courts to be used by them. At the completion of the match it is their duty to tamp and cover same courts before leaving. All score boards must be put away.
- It is preferred for the 30 ft. pitchers be distributed among the teams.
- When a team member cannot pitch, they well contact their team captain or team sub.
- Each team should have at least one sub. and not more than two.
- Games are played on a doubles basis with 50 shoes or 25 frames each. A match consists of three rounds played by each member on the courts.
- If a contest is interrupted by rain, a round with 12 frames completed shall be called a game. If 12 frames have not been completed, the game or games may be rescheduled later as agreed upon by the team captains. If it's raining or starts raining before the finish of the second game the team captains will vote to decide to an one hour delay or cancellation until an agreed upon time for completion of the games. There must be 2/3 of the captains present at the pits. If two games have been completed before cancellation the third game will be projected out as an average of the first two games and scores will count accordingly.
- If a member shows up after the sub has started to pitch, the sub will finish the game. It will then be up to the team member and sub who pitches the remaining games.
- If a team has a missing player, the team will take a blind score of 85 points for the missing player. If a team has more than one player missing, the team captains will determine a makeup date.
- If a member subs for another team, their scores will count for the team they are pitching for and towards their individual totals. A sub, that is not a member of the club will be considered as a blind score of 85 points.
- A team captain may not be a officer in the club.
- The captains will keep their team scores, or designate a team member to keep score. The scorers of both teams will verify the scores before the boards are erased.
- There will be a league entry fee for all teams. The league fee will be $20.00 for a SPONSORED team. If the team is unable to obtain a sponsor the members of the team will pay a $20.00 entry fee. Entry fees must be in by the third week of pitching.
- The AHPA membership of $12.00 and the annual club dues $3.00 per member, must be paid by the third week of pitching.
- Pitching fees of $2.00 are to be paid weekly. If a pitcher is in arrears of two weeks, their scores will be forfeited for that week.
- Each team captain will collect pitching fees from members and deliver it to the treasurer before the start of the first game and not later than the fourth frame.
- Last week pitching fees will be paid one full week in advance including all owed fees to qualify for the banquet and awards.