comics and caricatures
in Israeli Media
"The settlers in Hebron"
- Please read cartoons from right to left -
|- Toc ! Toc !
- The settler: " Good morning ! We are erecting here a synagogue in your bed room, perheaps could you stir the wall plaster, Ahmed ?"
|- The Arab: " Don't you
think you exaggerate ! You
shot on my house, you beat my boy, you threw stones at my
windows, you shot at my roof boiler and you didn't give
to my wife to go through the checkpoint for giving birth
- and now you want that I help you to settle in my own house ?!
- The settler: " What do you mean your own house ? I thought it was clear enough that when we will finish, you'll have to leave... Afterall, there will be here a synagogue !"
- The Arab: "I don't agree ! Get out of my house !"
- The settler: "Making trouble, Ahmed ?"
- The Arab: " No! No! O.K. I will help you !"
- The settler: " So you see... This is co-existence ! It's nice that we get to comprehension..."
- The Arab women: " No! No!", "Ahmed ! Ahhhm..."
<Cartoon 14> "The Jewish
settlers in Hebron"
The demonization of the Jewish settler is here extreme. Do remarq that the settler has a little moustache and a hair fringe, giving him a look like Hitler.
The cartoon is signed: Eduard, The sandwitch and colonel (res.) Tzvika.
Cartoon from newspaper "Zman Tel Aviv" , 11 September 1998.
Israel's Media Watch (IMW), Israel's sole public media watchdog group. IMW is a registered non-profit organization whose major aim is assuring the ethical and fair conduct of the Israeli media.
Home Page - Most recent articles - Publications - Update reports - Freedom of Speech - Biased News - GSS Agent Avishai Raviv & his IBA's collaborators - Elections 1999 - Anti-Semitic / Anti-Religious trends in Israeli Media - Cartoons - Articles op-ed Reports - "On the Lookout" - IBA's Affairs - News Items
This page hosted by GeocitiesGet your own FreeHome Page