Crime On The
VII. WHY DO THESE PROBLEMS EXIST?
1) Sex sells
2) No cooperation with law enforcement
3) Insufficient verification policies
4) Lack of sufficient laws/regulations
VIII. CHANGES THAT NEED TO BE MADE
1) Better member verification procedures
2) No pertinent personal information changes, such as age, allowed without proper identification
3) More sufficient, better defined laws
4) Age specific restrictions
5) More cooperation with law enforcement
6) More awareness education
7) More parental involvement
IX. HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF ONLINE
1) NEVER give any personal information to a person until you get to know them well. Be cautious in doing so even if you feel you know the person.
2) Never post ANY personal information, such as your address or telephone#, on any bulletin boards or newsgroups.
3) Follow your "gut" feeling. If you feel "something's" wrong, it probably is.
4) Don't let ANYONE pressure you into doing something you feel uncomfortable doing.
5) Never post notes telling of vacation plans.
6) Never post or reply publicly to sexually explicit notes If you want to exchange this kind of communication with a person, do it privately through email.
7) NEVER give your password to ANYONE.
8) Do not believe that everyone is who he/she states they are. It takes time to get to know a person - give it that time.
X. WHERE TO TURN FOR HELP
Each of the communication services has it's own guidelines and will instruct you as to where to turn for various complaints/concerns.
2) Law Enforcement Agencies
If you feel a crime has been commit, you can either contact your local law enforcement agency or the FBI and they will address your concerns.
3) Other Members
There usually are a number of members who are actively involved with the issues of online crime/safety. They will be able to help direct you to the proper resources.
Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have.
At It's Best!
Cry For Freedom
Kids On The Run
Message From The Heart