Forums & Activities
Photo of the Month
Photo of the Month:
By: Gary Nash
Directly from the Cage:
Out of the Nest
Want to see how much you really know on the Cockatiel? Take
our Quiz and see how you do!
1) Cockatiels are Native to where?
The United States
2) What is the BEST reason on why Cockatiels make ideal pet
They are Loyal
Ability to Talk
Personalities and talent
3) Cockatiels are most commonly kept with these other
4) When buying a new cockatiel, what do you look for?
Bright and Alert
and Healthy Looking Feathers
Ability to Fly
1 & 2
5) How can you provide Calcium to your Cockatiel?
powder form of
crushed egg shell
All of the above
6) If you need to clip your cockatiel's beak, what should
as much as you think is right
should NEVER clip a birds beak
let the bird
do it itself
7) If your bird has the following symptoms, what could it
be: Swelling of the membranes of the head and discharge from nose and eyes.
Bird Cold AKA Infectious Coryza
Mites or Lice
8)How can you tell if your cockatiel is a boy or a girl?
crest on male birds is longer then that of females
Cockatiels Normally feature a bright yellow head
All of the
Above but number 1
9) If your cockatiel has Mites or Lice, what should you do?
Lice or Mite Repellant
bird a nice Bath
your Vet to see what repellant is Bird Safe
Let the Bird
10) What should you always provide your Cockatiel with?
Love and Care
11) If your Cockatiel Bites you and does not let go, what
should you do?
Water Down His Head
Yell at the bird
to him Gently and Tap on the Beak Lightly
him with a blanket or towel
12) What is the average Lifespan for a Cockatiel?
30 or more years
13) If you want your bird to live a happy and healthy life,
what do you need to provide the bird with?
large clean environment with proper Furnishings
Yearly Vet Visits
All of the Above
14) How often should you clean the cage?
Every 2 days
15) A bird that is tamed and active but is currently
aggressive and ignoring his owners is most likely...
In need of a Mate
Tired of his Owners
Wants to Fly
Score = Correct answers:
About Me -
Merlin the Cockatiel -
The Parakeets - MC Award
- Merlin's Awards
Contact Me -
Parrot Discussion Forums
© 2001-2002 by
Merlin's Cage: The Tiel Station "All Rights Reserved"