Sunset Beach 2000
WEEK 9

Return to Index.

Sunset Beach 2000 Index Page
AUTHOR: sunset_beach00@hotmail.com

Week 9

Episode #791- Airdate: Monday, February 28

CAST: A.J., ANNIE, BEN, BENJY, BETTE, BRAD, CASEY, CHRISTINA, COLE, ELAINE, EMILY, HANK, JESSICA, JOAN, KEITH, KYLE, LISA, MARIA, MEG, OLIVIA, SARA, AND SEAN

MINOR CAST: CLAUDINE.

TIME: SUNSET BEACH: EVENING

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA: MORNING

SCENE 1- THE CUMMINGS HOME

"So what kind of job did you get, Jessica?" Casey asks.

"A really great one- as managing director of the Liberty Corporation." Jessica replies.

"The Liberty Corporation? Ben, my sister’s husband is a partner there." Sara informs Jessica.

"Really?" Jessica replies.

"Yeah, Ben Evans is his name," Sara says.

Jessica’s eyes widen, "Ben Evans?" she says in complete surprise.

***

SCENE 2- SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA- THE ENGLISH HOME

"Nothing." Maria and Kyle say simultaneously.

Benjy and Lisa come running down the stairs with Claudine. Claudine says good morning and takes Lisa into the kitchen.

"Good morning, Mommy and Daddy!" Benjy exclaims.

"Hi sweetheart," Maria replies, "are you ok?"

"I guess," Benjy says, "what happened to Tess and Uncle Ross?"

Meg, Ben, Maria and Kyle all look at each other.

***

SCENE 3- THE RICHARDS HOME

"That wasn’t what I was suggesting, Annie?" Cole tells her.

"Are you sure?" Annie asks.

"Yeah," Cole replies.

Annie and Cole look at each other and wonder why they are feeling so attracted to the other.

Back to Olivia and Bette’s conversation.

"I’m just afraid," Bette says.

"Afraid of what?" Olivia asks.

"That Elaine will find out that we helped Del steal Cole away from her." Bette whispers.

"Excuse me?! Elaine exclaims, "Did you just say what I think you said, Bette?!

***

NEW OPENING CREDITS DEBUT (ORDER OF APPEARANCE): MEG, BEN, JESSICA, KEITH, SARA, CASEY, JOAN, HANK, PAULA, RICARDO, GABI ANTONIO, CARMEN, BENJY, MARIA, KYLE.

SCENE 4- THE RICHARDS HOME

"I cannot believe what I just overheard!" Elaine exclaims angrily.

A.J. comes over upon hearing this, and it brings Annie and Cole back into the room.

"What’s going on?" A.J. asks Elaine.

"Bette just said that she and Olivia helped Del steal Cole away from me!" Elaine tells him angrily.

"What, you too, Bette?" Cole says in disbelief.

Bette looks at Olivia and they both wonder what they are going to do.

***

SCENE 5- OUTSIDE THE RICHARDS’ HOME

Sean and Emily are walking from inside. Sean says that it was getting too crowded in there, and he wanted to be alone with her. Emily tells him that she wouldn’t have it any other way. They kiss, and then begin to get hot and heavy.

***

SCENE 6- SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA- THE ENGLISH HOME

"Are we going to go visit her in the hospital?" Benjy asks.

"No, sweetheart, we aren’t," Maria begins, "Tess was not exactly a good person, honey."

"She tried to hurt you, Mommy," Benjy says, "That wasn’t very nice."

"No, it wasn’t," Maria agrees, "but Tess was punished and we are never going to see her again or your uncle Ross."

"Oh," Benjy says.

"Why don’t you go into the kitchen with Claudine and Lisa." Ben suggests to Benjy.

"Ok." Benjy replies. He then runs into the kitchen.

"Maria, you were really great with him." Meg tells her.

"Thanks." Maria replies, "I’m going to go into the kitchen in case Benjy has any more questions."

"I’ll go with you," Kyle says. They both walk through the kitchen door.

Ben turns to Meg, and hugs her.

"So what are we going to do, Ben?" Meg asks.

"Well, since we are here. I thought maybe you and I could have a look around. I mean, how often is it that we are in Australia." Ben answers.

"Not often," Meg answers, "it sounds wonderful."

***

SCENE 7- THE CUMMINGS HOME

"Yeah, that would be his name," Sara says.

"Oh, I just knew a Ben Evans once." Jessica tells her.

"Well, it’s a very common name." Sara replies.

"Yeah, it is," Jessica says as she looks at the picture of Ben and Meg on the wall.

"Would you excuse me? Where is your bathroom?" Jessica asks.

"Down through this hall, and on the left," Joan replies.

"Thanks," Jessica says.

"What’s with her?" Sara asks.

"Yeah, she was acting strangely," Hank observes.

"I don’t know," Keith answers.

Jessica is in the bathroom and looks into the mirror.

"I can’t believe it. Ben! Ben is back in my life!" She exclaims.

***

SCENE 8- THE RICHARDS HOME

"Well, yes. Bette was involved too. We just never said anything because it never really mattered," Olivia reveals.

A.J. explodes with anger and says, "The hell it doesn’t matter!"

"I can’t believe this! I trusted both of you! How could you do this to me?!" Elaine screams angrily.

"Bette, why would you do this?" Cole asks her.

"Your husband at the time was the doctor who delivered Cole! Was he in on this too?" Elaine asks Bette.

"Yes," Bette says softly.

"And Olivia, you were a nurse at the hospital who was supposed to be watching the newborns!" Elaine remembers, "I can’t believe that the two of you were in on this all along! I lost my son for the first twenty-three years of his life! How could you!"

"How could you not tell me, Bette?" A.J. asks.

"A.J., could you please take me home?" Elaine asks.

"Happy to. I need to get out of here." A.J. says. He gives Bette an angry look and exits with Elaine. Cole then looks at Bette angrily and walks upstairs. Christina says that she will leave them alone to talk, and she walks upstairs. Annie just stands there, and Olivia and Bette look at her waiting to leave.

"All right, I’m going." Annie says. She walks out the door.

"You idiot!" Olivia exclaims softly, "look what you’ve done!"

***

SCENE 9- OUTSIDE THE RICHARDS HOME

Sean and Emily are still making out, and seem to be about to make love. Brad comes up to them and clears his throat. Sean opens his eyes and sees him.

"What are you doing here, Brad?" Sean asks angrily.

***

SCENE 10- SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA- THE ENGLISH HOME

Maria and Kyle come in from the kitchen. Maria says that she wonders where Ben and Meg are. There is a note on the table, and Maria reads it aloud. It says that Ben and Meg went out sight seeing, and they’ll be back later.

"Well, Aunt Claudine took Benjy and Lisa to the park, so I guess we have the place all to ourselves," Kyle says.

"I guess so," Maria says.


They look into each other’s eyes and move in for a kiss.

***

SCENE 11- THE CUMMINGS HOME

Jessica comes back into the living room, and sits on Keith’s lap.

"Is everything okay, Jess?" Keith asks.

"Oh just fine," Jessica replies smiling widely.

***

SCENE 12- THE RICHARDS HOME

"I’m sorry, Olivia, but I know that Elaine is up to something. Maybe she already knew about the whole baby caper! She’s out for revenge!’ Bette replies softly.

"That’s ridiculous! What could Elaine be after?" Olivia replies.

***

SCENE 14- ELAINE’S HOTEL ROOM

Elaine and A.J. come walking through the door. Elaine thanks A.J. for walking her home. A.J. asks her if she is going to be all right. Elaine says that she’ll manage, and A.J. gives her a warm hug. As they break apart, Elaine kisses A.J. seductively…

************************************************************************

Episode #792- Airdate: Tuesday, February 29

CAST: A.J., ANNIE, BEN, BETTE, BRAD, CAITLIN, COLE, ELAINE, EMILY, JUDE, KYLE, MARIA, MEG, OLIVIA AND SEAN.

TIME: SUNSET BEACH: EVENING

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA: MORNING

SCENE 1- ANNIE AND JUDE’S APARTMENT

Annie walks in the door exhausted from the day’s events. She sees Jude, who is on the bed naked waiting for her. The camera angle shows Jude’s back. Annie smiles at this arousing sight, and without even saying anything, she jumps on the bed and they begin to make love.

***

SCENE 2- SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA- THE ENGLISH HOME

Maria and Kyle come in from the kitchen. Maria says that she wonders where Ben and Meg are. There is a note on the table, and Maria reads it aloud. It says that Ben and Meg went out sight seeing, and they’ll be back later.

"Well, Aunt Claudine took Benjy and Lisa to the park, so I guess we have the place all to ourselves," Kyle says.

"I guess so," Maria says.


They look into each other’s eyes and move in for a kiss. Their lips meet, and they begin to get passionate.

***

SCENE 3- THE RICHARDS HOME- OUTSIDE

Sean and Emily are still making out, and seem to be about to make love. Brad comes up to them and clears his throat. Sean opens his eyes and sees him.

"What are you doing here, Brad?" Sean asks angrily.

***

SCENE 4- THE RICHARDS HOME- THE LIVING ROOM

"I’m sorry, Olivia, but I know that Elaine is up to something. Maybe she already knew about the whole baby caper! She’s out for revenge!’ Bette replies softly.

"That’s ridiculous! What could Elaine be after?" Olivia replies.

***

SCENE 5- ELAINE’S HOTEL ROOM

Elaine and A.J. come walking through the door. Elaine thanks A.J. for walking her home. A.J. asks her if she is going to be all right. Elaine says that she’ll manage, and A.J. gives her a warm hug. As they break apart, Elaine kisses A.J. seductively…

***

NEW OPENING CREDITS DEBUT: (ORDER OF APPERANCE): OLIVIA, GREGORY, ANNIE, JUDE, CAITLIN, COLE, ELAINE, A.J., BETTE, EMILY, SEAN, BRAD, ALEXIA, ROBIN, ALEC, VIRGINIA. (The two alternate each day: Rae and Christina will not be included in the opening for the time being).

SCENE 6- THE RICHARDS HOME- COLE AND CAITLIN’S BEDROOM/ ANNIE AND JUDE’S APARTMENT

Cole and Caitlin are making love, and Caitlin is imagining making love to Jude. Meanwhile, Annie and Jude are also making love and Annie is picturing making love to Cole. Back to Cole and Caitlin, where Cole is imagining making love to Annie. He flinches and Caitlin asks him what’s wrong. Cole says nothing and kisses her.

***

SCENE 7- ELAINE’S HOTEL ROOM

A.J. and Elaine are kissing and suddenly A.J. pulls away.

"What are you doing?" Elaine asks, "please I don’t want to stop."

She moves in and begins kissing him again, but A.J. grabs her by the shoulders and pulls her away.


"You’re just upset by the news you just got about Olivia and Bette helping Del steal our son," A.J. tells her, "you don’t mean any of this."

"What if I do?" Elaine asks him in a serious tone of voice.

***

SCENE 8- SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA- THE ENGLISH HOME

Maria and Kyle are on the couch and they are still kissing passionately. Kyle takes off his shirt, and begins to undress Maria. In the heat of the moment, they begin to make love.

***

SCENE 9- THE RICHARDS HOME- OUTSIDE

"Look, Richards, I found a letter in Amy’s room at my place. She was planning on killing herself, man! She wanted you so much, and she said that she couldn’t live if you were going to be with Emily." Brad informs them and then hands the letter to Sean.

Sean begins to read and says that he can’t believe it. Emily says that she can’t either.

"But the whole thing that happened at your house was an accident," Sean says.

"Yeah, but I think that she was planning on drowning herself," Brad replies.

"Oh my god!" Emily lets out.

"Look, I have to get going. Keep the letter if you want." Brad says and then exits.

"I still can’t believe it," Sean says. Emily wraps her arm around him comforting him.

Brad is walking on to the beach, and says to himself aloud, "We may have made peace about Amy, Sean, but there is no way in hell that I’m going to let you destroy Emily too."

***

SCENE 10- THE RICHARDS HOME- LIVING ROOM

Bette and Olivia are sitting on the couch each with a tub of ice cream in their laps. They both have spoons in their hands eating it out of the tub.

"Well, I guess it could be worse," Olivia says, "Elaine could have found that that I slept with Cole."

"Oh, that’d be a scene," Bette coos.

"And she could of found out that Trey is my son with Cole. Cole told everyone not to tell her that I was Trey’s mother." Olivia says.

"Oh my, now that would be a shocker for Lainey," Bette replies, "But A.J. seemed furious at me. He wasn’t furious with you when he found out your involvement."

"However, Bette, you had to convince your husband at the time- what was his name? Anyway, you had to convince him to tell Elaine that the baby died." Olivia reminds her.

"He doesn’t know that yet," Bette answers.

"I bet that he figured it out, Bette." Olivia replies.

Bette has a look of worry and confusion on her face.

"You said this to me once, but it looks like the S.S. Bette is going down," Olivia jokes.

***

SCENE 11- THE RICHARDS HOME- COLE AND CAITLIN’S BEDROOM/ ANNIE AND JUDE’S APARTMENT

Cole and Caitlin continue to make love, and Caitlin begins to call out Jude’s name. Cole is stunned. Meanwhile, Annie and Jude finish making love and Jude sees Caitlin’s face when looking at Annie. He begins to realize that he has feelings for Caitlin.

***

SCENE 12- SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA- THE ENGLISH HOME

Kyle and Maria have finished making love, and are laid on the couch under a blanket. Suddenly, Meg and Ben walk in and are surprised to find them there.

***

SCENE 13- ELAINE’S HOTEL ROOM

"You mean, you are serious?" A.J. asks.

"Yes, I want you, A.J. I still love you. I have never stopped. Now please make love to me." Elaine says nearly begging.

A.J. flashbacks to earlier events of the day, and is reminded of his anger towards Bette. He takes Elaine and kisses her and they fall to the floor and begin to make love…

************************************************************************

Episode #793- Airdate: Wednesday, March 1

CAST: ALEC, ALEXIA, A.J., ANTONIO, BEN, BETTE, CARMEN, ELAINE, GABI, KYLE, MARIA, MEG, PAULA, RICARDO, ROBIN AND VIRGINIA.

MINOR CAST: MCGALLUM.

TIME: SUNSET BEACH/GRESHAM: MORNING

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA: EVENING

SCENE 1- ELAINE’S HOTEL ROOM

A.J. and Elaine are in bed after spending the night together. Elaine wakes up, and smiles widely. She finally has A.J. back in her life. There is a knock at the door. A.J. is awakened by the knock. Outside, Bette is standing there hoping to talk to Elaine.

***

SCENE 2- SUNSET BEACH LIBRARY

Virginia is doing a search on the computer for Robin Jensen. A file comes up as Robin Whitaker Jensen. She then does a search on Robin Whitaker. She smiles and says oh my at what she finds.

***

SCENE 3- THE JENSEN HOME

Alexia and Robin are sitting at the table and are eating breakfast. Robin is not touching her food. Alexia asks her if she is nervous about the trial. Robin says that she is very nervous- more nervous than she has ever been about a trial before. Alexia reassures her that she will do great. Alec then walks into the room.

"Good morning," He says, "what’s going on?"

"Nothing, sweetheart," Robin replies.

"Oh, the trial starts today, doesn’t it?" Alec remembers.

"Yes," Robin answers.

"Don’t worry," Alec says, "you are going to do great."

Alec’s beeper goes off, and he says that he has to go. He then walks out the back door. After he leaves, Alexia asks her mother why she is so nervous about this trial because she never gets nervous.

"I don’t know," she replies, "it’s a mystery."

"There is something going on here," Alexia says, "Something that you are hiding. What is it, Mom?"

***

SCENE 4- RICARDO AND GABI’S LOFT

Gabi, Antonio and Ricardo are all standing around worried about Carmen, when Paula walks in the front door.

"What’s going on?" Paula asks.

"Mama is still missing," Ricardo tells her.

"Still? I hope that she is all right." Paula replies sympathetically.

"I just wonder why she took off like that," Gabi says.

"It’s my fault," Antonio says.

Gabi and Ricardo look at Antonio wondering why he said that.

***

SCENE 5- GRESHAM, CALIFORNIA- "THE MONASTERY OF GRESHAM"

Carmen is lying on a bed half-asleep, and McGallum comes in.

"It’s time," he says with evil pleasure.

OPENING CREDITS

SCENE 6- SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA- THE ENGLISH HOME

Ben and Meg are sitting on the couch talking about how they found Maria and Kyle together earlier that day.

"I really think that they are in love," Meg tells Ben, "Did you notice how they look at each other?"

"I hope so," Ben replies, "Maria deserves happiness."

"Yeah, she does." Meg answers.

Maria and Kyle come down the stairs.

"Ben, Meg- we have something that we want to tell you," Maria says.

Ben and Meg look at them with curiosity in their eyes.

***

SCENE 7- ELAINE’S HOTEL ROOM

Bette knocks again and calls Elaine’s name. A.J. is terrified that Bette will find them there. Elaine gets up to answer the door.

"What are you doing?" A.J. asks.

"Letting her in," Elaine replies smoothly.

"Are you crazy?’ A.J. asks.

Elaine moves toward the door.

***

SCENE 8- THE JENSEN HOME

"It’s nothing," Robin answers, "I’ve never prosecuted a murder trial before that’s all."

"Oh," Alexia replies, "don’t worry, you are going to do great."

"Thanks," Robin says, "I hope that you are right."

***

SCENE 9- SUNSET BEACH LIBRARY

Virginia is printing out the information on Robin in the library. Suddenly, Alec comes up to her.

"What are you doing here, Virginia?" he asks.

***

SCENE 10- GABI AND RICARDO’S LOFT

"I didn’t know what I was doing and I locked her in the closet. I must have freaked her out," Antonio says.

"Antonio, you weren’t yourself, I’m sure that she’ll understand when we find her." Gabi replies reassuringly.

"Well, I have an APB out on Mama, hopefully she’ll be tracked down soon." Ricardo informs them.

"Better think again." Paula thinks to herself.

"Well, I can’t just stand here," Antonio says, "we need to go out and look for her."

"Good idea," Ricardo agrees, "Let’s go."

The four head out of the door.

***

SCENE 11- ELAINE’S HOTEL ROOM

Elaine opens the door, and Bette sees in. She sees a messy bed. A.J. is now under the bed hiding.

"What can I do for you, Bette?" Elaine asks coyly.

"Look, I came over to try and mend fences with you." Bette answers.

"Don’t bother, I have nothing to say to you or Olivia." Elaine replies.

"Please, Elaine." Bette begs.

Elaine slams the door in her face. A.J. comes out from under the bed and looks at Elaine.

***

SCENE 12- GRESHAM, CALIFORNIA- "THE MONASTERY OF GRESHAM"

McGallum and his hoodlums stick Carmen in a chair getting ready to brainwash her. They strap her in and they begin to use electrocution to make her forget the events of the past few days. They then take her back into her room and put her on the bed and tie her up. Carmen manages to get loose from the ropes and she then climbs out the window to freedom.

***

SCENE 13- SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA- THE ENGLISH HOME

"Well, I know that we are flying back to Sunset Beach tonight with Benjy," Maria begins, "but I was hoping that I could stay here with Kyle."

"You two are in love, aren’t you?" Meg asks.

"Yes, we are." Kyle replies.

"I knew it!" Meg exclaims.

Ben hugs Maria and shakes Kyle’s hand and tells them that he is happy for them.

"You want to stay here with Kyle?" Ben asks.

"Yes," Maria replies, "And I want Benjy to stay too."

Ben looks surprised.

************************************************************************

Episode #794- Airdate: Thursday, March 2

CAST: A.J., ALEC, ALEXIA, ANNIE, BEN, BETTE, CAITLIN, CHRISTINA, COLE, EMILY, GREGORY, JESSICA, JUDE, KEITH, KYLE, MARIA, MEG, OLIVIA, ROBIN, SEAN AND VIRGINIA.

MINOR CAST: DARA, JOSHUA SLOANE, JUDGE DICK SEAMAN.

TIME: SUNSET BEACH: LATE MORNING

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA: LATE EVENING

SCENE 1- RICHARDS MEDIA CENTER

Jessica and Keith walk in. A.J. sees them, and he greets them.

"I knew that you were Jessica when you walked in," A.J. says.

"Really? This is my fiancé, Keith Cummings." Jessica replies.

They shake hands.

"Pleased to meet you," A.J. says.

"You too," Keith replies.

"Are you related to Meg Cummings?" A.J. asks.

"Yeah, she just happens to be my sister." Keith answers.

"Really? What a coincidence." A.J. replies, "Well, let me show you your office, Jessica."

"Lead the way," Jessica replies.

***

SCENE 2- SUNSET BEACH LIBRARY

Virginia is printing on the information on Robin’s past when Alec comes up.

"What are you doing here, Virginia?" he asks.

"Nothing," Virginia replies, "just a little research."

"Oh, what were you looking up?" Alec answers as he moves his hand toward the printer.

***

SCENE 3- SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA- THE ENGLISH HOME

"You want Benjy to stay here in Australia with you?" Ben says.

"Yes, that ‘s what I said," Maria replies.

"Maria, we agreed that we would raise Benjy together in Sunset Beach." Ben reminds her.

"I know, but things have changed." Maria replies.

"Why don’t we leave you two alone," Meg suggests.

"Good idea," Kyle agrees.

The two walk out through the kitchen door.

"Benjy loves it here. He loves Claudine, and he loves being here. I love it here and I am in love with Kyle." Maria says trying to defend herself.

"I know," Ben replies, "but I don’t want to be apart from my son."

"I understand that, Ben. I really do, but I can’t be happy unless Benjy is here with me. And I promised Tess that I would take care of him." Maria says.

Ben looks at her considering what she has just said.

***

SCENE 4- THE SUNSET BEACH COURTHOUSE

The Richards clan plus Annie, Jude, Bette and Emily walk into the courthouse for Gregory’s trial.


"Where’s A.J.?" Olivia asks Bette.

"He told me a while ago that he had to be at the Media Center today," Bette answers, "Plus it is the perfect way to avoid me."

Cole is still a little angry at Bette, and Annie walks over to him after Caitlin goes to talk to Sean and Emily.

"Look, Cole. I have been giving some thought and I think that we really should work together to find out what the hell Gregory is up to." Annie says.

"I don’t know, Annie," Cole answers.

Gregory in handcuffs with two police officers walks past them and gives them the evil eye.

"All right, let’s do it." Cole says.

Caitlin comes back over to Cole, and then they all walk into the courtroom.

OPENING CREDITS

SCENE 5- RICHARDS MEDIA CENTER- OFFICE

"Well, this place needs to be redecorated desperately- but other than that, it’s not bad," Jessica observes.

"Well, I’m glad that you like it," A.J. replies, "I’ll leave you to get settled and then I’ll introduce you to the staff."

"Ok, thank you," Jessica says as A.J. walks out the door.

"So what do you think?" Keith asks.

"Keith, I don’t know about this place," Jessica replies.

***

SCENE 6- SUNSET BEACH COURTHOUSE- THE COURT ROOM

The bailiff tells everyone to rise as Judge Dick Seaman presides. Olivia and Christina giggle again when his name is announced. The judge tells everyone to be seated. He asks council if they are ready, and they both say that they are. Robin gets ready to give her opening statement, and looks at Gregory nervously.

***

SCENE 7- SUNSET BEACH LIBRARY

Virginia stands up before Alec can get a hold of the paper. She says that she was looking up information on how she could possibly get her son, Jimmy back. Alec says that she knows that isn’t possible, and that he’s sorry. He hugs her just as a mug shot of Robin comes out of the printer…

***

SCENE 8- SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA- THE ENGLISH HOME

"I know how much you love Benjy, and I do too. I just don’t know how I can accept him being on the other side of the world. What about your family? How do you think they will react to the news?" Ben says.

"I’m sure that they will understand that I finally found true love, and that I am finally happy," Maria replies.

"Maria, I’m sorry. I can’t do it. I can’t let you have Benjy." Ben tells her.

Maria begins to get frustrated.

***

SCENE 9- RICHARDS MEDIA CENTER- OFFICE

"You are just nervous," Keith assures Jessica, "you are going to do great!"

"I hope so," Jessica replies. Jessica remembers why she came back to Sunset Beach and that she can’t leave now.

"Well, I’m going to go find A.J. I will see you at home, ok?" Jessica says.

"Ok, bye sweetheart," Keith replies. He kisses her on the cheek and exits.

Jessica begins talking to herself. "Ben Evans has been the object of my affection ever since I was a little girl. I can’t give up. I will do whatever it takes to finally get him."

***

SCENE 10- SUNSET BEACH LIBRARY

Virginia sees the mug shot of Robin, and turns it over before Alec can see it. After she and Alec separate from their hug, she takes the papers out of the printer and throws them in the garage. Alec says that he is proud of her, and that he has to get back to Cedar Oaks. Virginia waits for Alec to leave, and then takes the papers out of the trash can.

"Now, I have what I need to get Alec away from his no good wife," she says to herself.

***

SCENE 11- SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA- THE ENGLISH HOME

Meg and Kyle walk back into the room and Maria and Ben are both upset.

"I’m assuming that he isn’t going to let Benjy live with us?" Kyle asks Maria.

"No, he’s not," Maria answers.

"I was just telling Meg about it," Kyle informs them.

"And what do you think about all this, Meg?" Ben asks his wife.

***

SCENE 12- SUNSET BEACH COURTHOUSE- COURT ROOM

Robin begins to give her opening statement. "Ladies and gentleman of the jury: A murder was committed in Sunset Beach last March. The murder of Francesca Vargas, an outsider, who made many enemies in this town,"

"That’s an understatement," Annie whispers to Bette.

"Throughout this trial, you will hear from many people that hated Ms. Vargas, you will hear the shocking story of how Gregory Richards killed this woman in cold blood, and how he kidnapped his own children and faked his own death to avoid prison. This man is calculating and duplicitous and must be punished for his crimes."

Gregory looks at Robin, and Robin looks back.

********************************************************************************************

Episode #795- Airdate: Friday, March 3

CAST: ALEXIA, ANNIE, BEN, BENJY, BETTE, CAITLIN, CASEY, CHRISTINA, COLE, EMILY, GREGORY, JUDE, KYLE, LISA, MARIA, MEG, OLIVIA, RAE, ROBIN, SARA AND SEAN.

MINOR CAST: CLAUDINE, DARA, JOSHUA SLOANE, JUDGE DICK SEAMAN.

TIME: SUNSET BEACH: AFTERNOON

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA: EVENING

SCENE 1- SURF CENTRAL

Sara and Casey are on the couch kissing. Sara breaks away, and sighs. She looks worried. Casey asks her what’s wrong.

"It’s nothing," Sara says.

"Go ahead, you can tell me." Casey replies.

"It’s Keith- I’m worried about him," Sara says.

"Why?" Casey asks.

"I just have a feeling about his fiancee, that’s all." Sara answers.

"Yeah, there is something about her." Casey agrees.

"I just keep thinking that Jessica has a vendetta," Sara adds.

***

SCENE 2- SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA- THE ENGLISH HOME

"What do I think about all this?" Meg repeats. "It’s not up to me."

"Meg’s right. Just leave her out of it, Ben." Maria demands.

"Look, I said that I don’t want to leave Benjy!" Ben says angrily.

Benjy, Lisa and Claudine walk down the stairs.

"Are you leaving, Daddy?" Benjy asks.

***

SCENE 3- SUNSET BEACH COURTHOUSE- COURT ROOM

Judge Seaman tells Joshua that he may give his opening statement. Joshua stands and heads over to the jury. Everyone in the court room wonder what he is going to say and Gregory looks over at Olivia with an evil look in his eye.

***

OPENING CREDITS

SCENE 4- SURF CENTRAL

"What do you think she’s after?" Sara asks, "I mean, Keith isn’t rich, so maybe she is after something else."

"I’m sure that she loves Keith," Casey replies, "I think that you are thinking way too much into this. She might be a little strange, but I’m sure that she is a good person."

"I don’t know, Casey, but you know that I will find out," Sara vows.

***

SCENE 5- SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA- THE ENGLISH HOME

"We are going back to Sunset Beach later tonight, son." Ben tells Benjy.


"Can’t we stay, Daddy? I love being here," Benjy replies.

"You do?" Ben asks.

"Yes, I do." Benjy answers.

"Aunt Claudine, can you take the children into the kitchen?" Kyle asks.

"Of course, we were on our way there anyway," Claudine responds.

Claudine, Benjy and Lisa walk into the kitchen.

Ben is thinking and Maria asks him what he is pondering about. Ben remembers how Maria took the bullet for Benjy when Tess shot at Meg.

"I’ve come to a final decision regarding Benjy," Ben begins.

***

SCENE 6- SUNSET BEACH COURTHOUSE- COURT ROOM

"Ladies and gentleman of the jury," Joshua begins. "The prosecution would like you to believe that my client is cold, calculating and a murderer. Well, he was simply trying to protect his children, who he loves more than anything else…"

"Give me a break," Sean whispers to Emily.

"He admits that he is guilty of kidnapping his children, impersonating his uncle Tobias, and everything he has been charged with, except the murder of Francesca Vargas. I repeat the murder of Francesca Vargas…"

"What is he getting at?" Olivia whispers to Bette.

Bette shrugs her shoulders; Cole and Caitlin look at each other as do Annie and Jude, and Sean and Emily.

***

SCENE 7- SURF CENTRAL

Sara tells Casey that she is going home to pack her things. Casey tells her that he can’t wait until she moves back in. They kiss good-bye and she walks out the front door. Casey then runs up the stairs. He walks into his bedroom to find flowers on the bed and champagne. There is a note that says, "Wait for me." Casey smiles.

***

SCENE 8- SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA- THE ENGLISH HOME

"And what’s your decision, Ben?" Maria asks anxiously.

"He can stay here with you and Kyle," Ben answers.

Maria and Kyle cheer and share a hug.

"But I would like him to come and see me in the summer," Ben says.

"That can be arranged," Maria replies.

"Good," Ben says. He turns to Meg and tells her that he is going upstairs to get their things and that they will be off. Ben walks up the stairs and Meg smiles at Maria and Kyle.

***

SCENE 9- SUNSET BEACH COURTHOUSE- COURT ROOM

"We intend to prove that Gregory Richards did not murder Francesca Vargas. The prosecution will attempt to show you evidence that leads you to believe that my client did indeed kill Ms. Vargas. We will show you evidence to the contrary that he did not kill Francesca Vargas.

"What is going on here?" Olivia asks loudly. She looks at Bette and Christina and then stands.

The judge bangs his gavel and orders Olivia to be seated.

***

SCENE 10- SURF CENTRAL

Casey is in the shower waiting for Sara. A pair of legs is walking into the shower. The camera reveals Rae’s face as she puts her hands on Casey’s eyes. Casey turns around and kisses her passionately.

***

SCENE 11- SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA- THE ENGLIS HOME

Ben put his bags by the door as he and Meg prepare to leave. Benjy, Lisa and Claudine come in from the kitchen and Ben goes to hug Benjy.

"Son, Meg and I are going back to Sunset Beach, and you are going to stay here with your Mommy." Ben tells him.

"But can’t you stay too?" Benjy asks.

"No, I can’t," Ben tells him, "but I wish that I could."

Ben hugs his son again, and then says good-bye to Lisa and Claudine. He then shakes Kyle’s hand. In the background, Meg is saying good-bye to Benjy, Lisa and Claudine.

"Take care of her and my son," Ben tells Kyle.

"I will," Kyle assures him.

Ben and Maria embrace and say good-bye to each other. Then, Meg goes up to Maria.

"You know, we’ve been through a lot together. But despite everything, you’ve always been a good friend and I won’t forget that." Meg tells her.

"Thanks," Maria replies, "so have you."

The two women hug and then part. Meg walks to the door where Ben is standing. Ben runs to Benjy and gives him another hug, and then walks out the door with Meg.

***

SCENE 12- SUNSET BEACH COURTHOUSE

Olivia turns around and screams. She says "Oh my god!"

There is someone standing in the courtroom at the door. After Olivia’s scream, everyone turns around and then stands up and looks in complete shock. The camera turns around to reveal that the person standing before them is none other than Francesca Vargas herself.

***********************************************************************************************

NOTE: The characters of Maria, Benjy and Kyle are going on hiatus and will return in the near future. This is Claudine and Lisa’s final episode.

NEXT WEEK ON SUNSET BEACH 2000:

Is Francesca really still alive? Found out when this shocking development continues!

Carmen manages to find her way home. Will she tell everyone the truth about Paula?

Elaine prevents Bette’s reconciliation attempt with A.J.

Virginia startles Robin with the information she has on her past. What will she do if Alec found out the truth?

Next Episodes

Return to Index.
E-mail | Feedback | Guestbook: Sign, or View