Daughters of Union Veterans of the Civil War, 1861-1865, was founded May 30, 1885, in Massillon, Ohio. DUVCW was incorporated in the State of Ohio December, 12, 1885, and is a national organization devoted to veterans, patriotic, educational, and charitable activities.
DUVCW is federally chartered. Females, 8 and older, who are lineal descendants of Union Civil War veterans are eligible for membership.
|President||Phyllis Stocksdale||Email Tent 17|
Tent Meeting Times and Location
History of Mrs. James Mullins Tent No. 17
| Mrs. James
Mullins Tent No. 17 was instituted May 26, 1902, by the Ohio Department
President Bertha M. Martin. There were 20 charter members.
The Tent was named after a prominent and very patriotic lady of the city
who was known for her kindness. She assisted the Tent in all its
The Tent erected a Memorial on the Grand Army of the Republic plot in the local cemetery. They contributed generously toward the purchase and equipment of Memorial Hall.
The Drum Corps, sponsored by the Tent, participated in many Ohio Department and National Conventions
Many of their members have served as Ohio Department officers. Two members, Ella Zeigler and Millicent Young, have been Ohio Department Presidents.
Please Visit Our Links and Return Soon
|Civil War and Genealogy Links|
|Descendants of 114th OVI||Ohio in the Civil War||Ohio Historical Society||Civil War Photographs|
|National Archives & Records Administration||Researching People in the Civil War Era||Civil War Research Data Base||C.W. Military Research Data Bases|
|Email Tent 17!||Ohio Department Home|
|DUVCW National Home||Email Ohio Webmaster|