Ballet, Butterflies, and B Chords
Hi! Welcome to my home page!! My name is Erin Parrish, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I'm a home schooled SENIOR (whoo-hoo!), and I'm taking Physics, Plane Geometry, and various other unnecessary courses this year by video school. One of my favorite things to do is dance, so most of this page will be devoted to dance. I just got back from a two week ballet intensive in Jackson, Mississippi. It was put on by Ballet Magnificat. (Long live Clam Chowder! And ducks, and chicks, and cows, and soccer guys, and painter boys, etc.) It was really great!! I would recommend it to anyone. See my link to the Ballet Magnificat page below. I'm very active in my church youth group, and I've been on a short-term missions trip to Jamaica with them. I love to sing...everywhere! With my friends, in church, at home, at youth, and especially in the shower! Our youth group produced an album in December, on which I was a background vocalist. I was a part of "Travel Band", which was 13 teenagers, 4 adults(?), and 3 adorable little girls. Our team ministered in churches and nursing homes with songs and dramas and testimonies. We traveled from S. Georgia to Minnesota, and down all the way to W. Texas, where we turned again for home. It took us two and a half weeks, but God did some AWESOME things. (I also got to make a music video at the Mall of America!) I've been working at a local family practice for a year now, and I'm a full-time employee during the summer. During the school year, I only work part-time, though. I like to read Shakespeare, practice my guitar, go for walks, run, watch sunsets, and play tennis. God is the center of my world, and I hope to glorify Him through my life. I hope this page will be a blessing to you. Be sure to sign my guestbook at the bottom of my page...I would love to know that you've been here!
As I mentioned before, I have a passion for dance. God has given me the talent, and I have promised to use it for Him. I take four and a half hours each week of classes, and I am employed at my dance studio teaching. I love it! I take ballet and pointe, plus jazz, tap,lyrical dance, and swing. Our theme this year is Adam and Eve in the garden, and I get to portray Eve since I'm a senior. Our dance studio seeks to glorify God through all our dances. I'm considering a dance major at Belhaven College in Jackson, MS, where Ballet Magnificat (a touring Christian dance company) is the dance faculty. I have searched the Web, and here are my favorite dance links:
- American Ballet Theatre-pictures, plots, dancer's biographies, and '99 schedule
- Danville Ballet-a page devoted to pre-performing dancers.
- Ballet is Fun-this is an awesome CD for your CD-ROM that shows dance steps, and this page introduces you to the dancers that made it, and offers you a chance to purchase it
- Atlanta Ballet-the homepage of my state's ballet.
- Nutmeg Ballet-a company for young dancers that gives summer classes
- New York City Ballet-one of the best in the country
Here are some great Dance Web Rings that I belong to:
This Dance around the World Wide Web! site owned by Erin Parrish.
Previous 5 Sites Skip Previous Previous Next Skip Next Next 5 Sites Random Site List Sites
This site is part of the Ballet Webring
and is owned by Erin Parrish.
[ Previous | Skip It | Next 5 | Next Page]
Want to join the Ballet Webring?
Click here for info.
Here's my awards! Thanks!
I love butterflies!! They are so gorgeous and I love all the different varieties of butterflies. Also, a butterfly is used to symbolize a new creature in Christ (2 Cor. 5:17) I have made a lot of butterfly things, and my friends have given me many things that have to do with butterflies. I have found a few butterfly links that are interesting. I hope to have more soon.
I have been learning to play guitar for about three years. My dad and brother both play guitar well, so I have many tutors around the house. I have led worship on our youth worship team, and I practice a lot to try to reach the goal of being a fabulous guitar player. Playing guitar is very relaxing, and I love to praise God with my music. I play my dad's Takamine at the moment, but I am working at getting my own guitar in the future, such as Epiphone's Hummingbird. Here are some guitar links that I like. I'm going to find some more soon.
- Rockin' with the Cross-a site with Christian music, praise and worship and contemporary artists
- Gibson guitars
- Martin guitars-one of my favs to play
- Epiphone guitars-the maker of the Hummingbird
God has blessed me with so many awesome friends!! Most of my friends have e-mail, and a large number of them have webpages! We all keep in touch with each other via e-mail. We always encourage each other to keep our fires burning for Jesus, and we have a ton of fun along the way. Here's some of my friends homepages, so you can get to know them, too!
- Van's Home Page-my "big brother's"(no actual relation) homepage. I once held the privilege of being 'Freak of the Week' on his page, but my week of fame has now come to an end!
- Jeff's Home Page-one of my brothers in Christ, and a fellow 'trash-saver', Jeff is really "Onfire" for the Lord!! So take a little time to visit his page. I've even heard my picture is on his page...
- Christopher's Page-my friend who encourages me in my guitar playing, and in my walk with God. This is a neat web site, so go see it!
- Joshua Generation's Homepage-an awesome band, and 4 out of the 5 guys are my friends. Their music glorifies God, and hey, "it's got a beat you can dance to!" Go there to find out more about their music and their ministry, plus upcoming performances and information on ordering JG stuff.
- Christina's Page-this is one of my cyber friends. We've met in person, and we're really good friends. She has a neat webpage.
- Ian's Place on the Net-this guy has helped us out of our many computer problems and confusions. He has even made his own chat line on the web. (He's also my "twin"...don't ask!!! =c)
- Official NCC Youth Webpage-take a look!!!
- My Family's Homepage-which is a featured page in Heartland on Geocities
I have made the decision to commit myself to courtship and to allow the Lord to have total control over my future mate. It means I focus now on education, my spiritual life, and making the most of my singleness until the Lord directs my parents and I that I am ready to get married. If you'd like to know more about this Biblical concept, here are some great links to help you know more. Some of them are testimonies, and some are teachings on the subject.
- Scriptural Romance Part I-"The Dangers of Dating" by Jonathan Lindvall
- Scriptural Romance Part II-"Dating? Courtship? Betrothal?" by Jonathan Lindvall
- WSEA Homepage -Home of the Dating Dilemma
- "Why Not Dating"-What's it all about?
- A True Betrothal Example-the testimony of Matthew & Maranatha Chapman, and a really sweet story
- The Virtue of Waiting-true testimonies for your edification
- New Attitude-Josh Harris' homepage (author of I Kissed Dating Goodbye)
Courtship Webring site is owned by
Want to join the The Courtship Webring?
|[Skip Prev] [Prev] [Next] [Skip Next] [Random] [Next 5] [List Sites]|
I want to include some of my favorite links that don't have anything to do with each other. Hope you enjoy all these links...I do!!
- The Official Chiquita Website
- The Snapple Page
- Netcentral Chat-all of my friends meet in the "CCM Chat" on this site
- Excite.com-I use their PAL software to talk to my friends
- Hotmail's Website-free e-mail, and easy to use
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 on the web-this is one of my favorite sites
- Erin's Mystery Science Theater 3000 page
- My ABSOLUTE favorite Broadway show!
Send me e-mail!