Dubz '74 Gran Torino
all throttle, no bottle
1974 Ford Gran Torino
An ongoing work in progress, although she is currently hibernating.
- 2 door
- 351W Engine (no a/c)
- C6 Transmission
- 9" rear-end
- Origanal Forest Green paint, with cream vinyl hard top
- Only one Previous Owner
- And only 63,000 original miles on her!
I was hoping to get her on the road by 2003 but I may be purchasing another vehicle. Then when I get a more than minimum wage job, and I'm no longer going to University, I can devote more money towards having everything done "the right way", which always seems to be the "expensive" way as well.
Modifications so far Include :
- B&M Star Shifter for automatic transmission (ratchet action)
- Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold
- CoverCraft Car Cover
Modifications To Be Done Soon Include :
Edelbrock 600cfm(or bigger) 4-barrel Carb.
Hedman Tork Step Headers
Switch from single exhaust to dual
Flowmaster 2 Chamber Mufflers (or 3 chambers and electic exhaust cutouts)
Mickey Thompson Tires ordered coming in soon (29x12.5)
New interior, including :
- New Paint Job, Jet Black to look like Blade's Charger or the Charger in Fast and the Furious (Yes i know my car is not a Charger, but it looks pretty close to the same)
Hopeful Modifications Include :
Kickin' Stereo System (2 12" subs, phantom mount deck, plus all new interior speakers)
- Autometer Guages
- Aluminum Cylinder Heads
- new camshaft
- Build up including new pistons and connecting rods
- 9.5 or higher compression ratio
- as close to 500 ft lbs of torque if possible