Chesley Bonestell working on a painting for the movie "Only angels have
Chesley Bonestell started working on the movie businnes
at 1938, doing some matte work for Errol Flynn´s "The adventures
of Robin Hood". He made paintings for movies like, "Citizen Kane"(1941),"
The Hunchback of Notre Dame"(1939),or " The fountainhead"(1949).
He also contributed painting backgrounds, like the lunar landscape for "Destination Moon"(1950)
He is well known as a pioneer of the astronomical art.
- "Men Into Space" (1959) TV Series (creator: space concepts)
- Conquest of Space (1955) (astronomical art)
- Cat-Women of the Moon (1953) (moonscape paintings)
- War of the Worlds, The (1953) (space art)
- When Worlds Collide (1951) (technical advisor)
- Destination Moon (1950) (space art and technical advisor)
- Fountainhead, The (1949) (matte artist) (uncredited)
- Horn Blows at Midnight, The (1945) (matte artist)
- .Rhapsody in Blue (1945) (matte artist) (uncredited)
- Adventures of Mark Twain, The (1944) (matte artist)
- Magnificent Ambersons, The (1942) (background paintings)
- Citizen Kane (1941) (background paintings)
- How Green Was My Valley (1941) (matte artist) (uncredited)
Matte painting from "How green was my valley"
- Charley's Aunt (1941) (matte artist)
- Swiss Family Robinson (1940) (background paintings)
- Tom Brown's School Days (1940)
- Only Angels Have Wings (1939) (background paintings)
- Hunchback of Notre Dame, The (1939) (background paintings)
- Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939)