It is better in the Bahamas ...
Time flies when you're having fun. Ain't that the truth. This March marks our second year
anniversary of living aboard our boat. And people still ask us what we do with the
time! Going from Key West, Fl to Jekyll Island, Ga may take a day by car, but if you plan to
explore the scenic coastal towns along the way, it'll take some time. These are the voyages
of Mai Thai.
Between charting and deciding on marinas or anchorages, we get plenty busy when we
are cruising. Once on land, we have to deal with the logistics on our car
and the endless tasks of maintaining the boat. Our passion for
discovering/exploring quaint old towns or big cities keep us intrigued. Making new friends
and listening to their sea stories keep us inspired.
Ahh...the islands of the Bahamas. We've heard and read so much about these magical islands - idyllic
anchorages surrounded by crystal clear waters, picturesque villages, conch fritters and shells. Finally, our dreams to cruise their beautiful waters
came true this year! Read about our cruise in the Bahamas
What we did
- Dec 7, 2002 to Apr 1, 2003: Rickenbacker
Marina, Key Biscayne, across the bridge from scintillating Miami.
- Apr 1 - Apr 6: Gunkholing around the northern FL keys (Sands, Boca Chita
and Elliot Key)
- Apr 7 - 17: Miami - Palm Beach.
- Apr 18 - May 18: The Abacos, Bahamas
- May 18 - May 25: Ft Pierce - St Augustine
- May 26: arrived at Ortega River Boat Yard and Marina, Jacksonville.
- Sep 14-17: Destin, Florida and Columbus, Georgia with the Hanshus
- Nov: Drove north and visited friends and family in Ashville, Durham,
Philly, NJ, Connecticut and Boston.
- Nov 12 - 19: Help Sophal's aunt celebrate her 80th birthday in Paris,
- Dec 19 - Jan 4, 2004: The Florida loop by car from Jacksonville to St Pete
via Gainesville, to N. Fort Myers, Punta Gorda, Marco Island, Marathon and