The first lodge of Colored Masons constituted in the State of Maryland was warranted February 2nd, 1845 by the First Independent African Grand Lodge of North America No.1 of the State of Pennsylvania, Peter Richmond, Grand Master, Thomas Depree, Senior Warden, and Prim Clover, Junior Grand Warden, under the title of Friendship Lodge No.6 at Baltimore, Maryland; after which St. James Lodge and Enterprise Lodge were warranted by the same authority. In 1845, these (3) subordinate lodges created the first Colored Grand Lodge of the State of Maryland. In 1847 another Grand Lodge was organized by and under the authority of the National Grand Lodge. These two Grand Lodges remained in the field until 1876 when being convinced that the object which each Grand Body sought to accomplish would be better sub served by a union of the two, efforts to consolidate were made by the leading members of the two organizations with well merited success. Commissioners duly signed articles of agreement forming the basis of a union. A general assembly of Masons under the auspices of the two Grand Lodges took place at Douglas Institute on September 12, 1876. Rev. James A. Handy, Grand Master of the First Color Grand Lodge, and Nathaniel Burgess, Grand Master of the Union Grand Lodge were present. The report of the Commissioners was ratified and the first Union Colored Grand Lodge of the State of Maryland was then organized as a result of the union. In 1878 the name was changed to the Most Worshipful United Grand Lodge of the State of Maryland. In order to bring about a more unified body of Masons throughout the United States, through a Conference of Grand Masters it was agreed that all the Grand Lodges be incorporated under the name of The Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge, F. & A.M. in 1946 the Grand Lodge of Maryland incorporated under the above name.
M.W.Grand Master Samuel T.Daniels
6116 Benhurst Rd. Baltimore
R.W.Deputy Grand Master ..James T. Dorsey
1216 Bentalou St.,Baltimore
R.W.senior Grand Warden .Benjamin F. Waters
R.W.Junior Warden .Marion W. Barkley
R.W. treasurer .. Ronald D.Scott
3319 Sequoia Ave.,Baltimore
R.W.P.G.M ..Frederick T.Hicks
1917 Eutaw Pl.,Baltimore
R.W.Secretary ...Kenneth H.Fauntleroy
1223 Oakhurst Pl. Baltimore
R.W. C.C.F.C . George W. Evans, Jr
3110 Normount Ave.,Baltimore.