The Scout Badge is modeled on the North Arrow of an old fashion Mariner's Compass. It is commonly termed a treifoil or fleur-de-lis. It represents the true direction of life. The three parts represent the three parts of the Scout Promise. The cross bar links the three parts into one whole. The two stars represent Truth and Knowledge. The Springbok, the national animal of South Africa and one of its best known symbols, makes this badge distinctively South African.
On my honour I promise that I will do my best -
to do my duty to God, and my Country;
To help other people at all times;
To obey the Scout Law.
|The Scout Law
1. A Scout's honour is to be trusted.
2. A Scout is loyal.
3. A Scout's duty is to be trusted and to help others.
4. A Scout is a friend to all and a brother to every other Scout
5. A Scout is courteous.
6. A Scout is a friend to animals.
7. A Scout obeys orders.
8. A Scout smiles and whistles under all difficulties.
9. A Scout is thrifty.
10. A Scout is clean in thought, word and deed.