Weyrling training at First Light Weyr and Morning Gate Weyrhold lasts about nine real life months. We've tried to make it as brief as possible so you are not stuck playing a weyrling for two real life years. Here is a month by month guide of what you can expect to be happening for your weyrling persona.
Month 1 - Dragonets are totally dependant on rider for care and basic needs.
- Sevenday 1 - No chores except learning how to chop enough meat. Dragonets are eating several times a day, being oiled and then sleeping shortly after.
- Sevenday 2 - Classes begin, basic dragonhealing and signs from your lifemate will be mastered within this sevenday.
- Sevenday 3 - Final adjustment to dragon's mental presence, if the childish mind attached to yours is still hard to swallow, please seek assistance from the WLM
- Sevenday 4 - Developing coordination with dragonet, you will begin to function as a team from here on out.
Month 2 - Dragonrider history, begin ground drills
- Sevenday 1 - Introduction to dragonrider history, if you are not literate by now you soon will be as this involves much reading and writing
- Sevenday 2 - Mastry of dragonrider history, introduction to primitive ground drill procedures.
- Sevenday 3 - Move on to intermediate ground drill procedures. Dragons must be awake and observing their lifemates.
- Sevenday 4 - Potential group leaders will be considered, intermediate drills led by your peers
Month 3 - Continued ground drills, start to build more stamina
- Sevenday 1 - Dragonets should be awake for ground drills and begin to explore even more. Dragonets can now move freely with you and should begin ground drills.
- Sevenday 2 - Ground drills are now focused on stamina and strength, primary weyrling chains are assembled
- Sevenday 3 - Firestone selection and bagging, the basics and how to tell good ore from lower quality batches
- Sevenday 4 - Introduction to the dragon toss, how it is performed safely and how to avoid accidents
- Sevenday 1 - Begin the dragon toss, in small chains of three or so. Threes and nines chosen, but not released to weyrling class
- Sevenday 2 - Dragontoss is done through the full weyrling class, trios and nines are released along with group leaders.
- Sevenday 3 - Mastry of ground drills as well as the dragontoss. Threes and nines are now working together in chores and form an efficent group.
- Sevenday 4 - Introduction to riding straps, how to choose the right kind of wherhide/leather and how to fit your dragon.
- Sevenday 1 - Create first set of riding straps, ground drills are performed atop your dragon's back however they are still on the ground
- Sevenday 2 - Flight saftey, the basics of take off and landing. Your dragon knows the basics by instinct, but you have to be briefed on all aspects first
- Sevenday 3 - First flights, intstructor must be present. Drills will continue to be performed on the ground until all of your classmates have taken first flights.
- Sevenday 4 - Introduction to aerial drills, trios and nines begin to pratice primitive moves in the air together.
- Sevenday 1 - Weyrlings move out of barracks and into individual rider weyrs. Intermediate aerial drills, dragons can now feed themselves
- Sevenday 2 - Dragon color abilities; demonstrations of aerial manuvers and potential advantages and disadvantages in threadfall
- Sevenday 3 - Advanced aerial drills are now being performed by all weyrlings in the class, trios and nines are being evaluated for later wing placement
- Sevenday 4 - Elevator duty within the weyrbowl, begin visualization drills as well as the introduction to going /between/ safely.
- Sevenday 1 - First trips /between/, instructor must be present. You are now senior weyrlings and dragons can understand romantic relationships
- Sevenday 2 - Using /between/ to fight threads efficently, introduction to manuvers that involve /between/
- Sevenday 3 - Trios and nines begin to use /between/ in aerial drills, introduction to colored ropes drills and little competition between groups
- Sevenday 4 - Dragons as rescuers, carrying passangers and supplies safely /between/
- Sevenday 1 - Firestone training, this will only take one day and you will all be exhausted after it! Weyrlings are partnered with an older rider buddy as well
- Sevenday 2 - Mating flight lecture, greens will begin to rise sometime this month, male dragons may chase but will most likely not win
- Sevenday 3 - Aerial drills with flaming, advanced manuvers and staying in formation while going /between/
- Sevenday 4 - Weyrlings begin flying threads with the queens wing, only those who have completed all training may do this.
- Sevenday 1 - Weyrlings are evaluated by wingleaders, exhaustive drills and continued flying fall with queens' wing
- Sevenday 2 - Weyrlings' wing assignments decided, weyrlings are now delivering firestone to fighting wings
- Sevenday 3 - Weyrlings continued delivering firestone to fighting wings, blooding is almost over
- Sevenday 4 - Graduation!
Here are examples of what junior and senior weyrling days are like. These are estimates and the times for the lectures are totally up to the weyrlingmaster staff and their assistants for that day.
|6:30 AM||Wake Up||6:00 AM||Wake Up|
|6:45 AM||Dragon's 1st Feed||6:15AM||Dragon's Bath|
|7:15 AM||Breakfast||7:00 AM||Breakfast|
|8:15 AM||Dragon's Bath||8:00 AM||First Lecture|
|9:00 AM||First Lecture||9:30 AM||Drills|
|10:00 AM||Dragon's 2nd Feed||11:00 AM||Wash Up|
|10:30 AM||Dragon's 1st Oiling||11:15 AM||Dragon's Oiling|
|1:00 PM||Dragon's 3rd Feed||1:00 PM||Free Time|
|1:30 PM||Second Lecture||1:30 PM||Second Lecture|
|2:30 PM||Dragon's 2nd Oiling||2:30 PM||Drills|
|3:30 PM||Free Time||3:30 PM||Chores|
|4:30 PM||Discussion of Lesson||4:30 PM||Discussion of Drills|
|5:00 PM||Test on Lectures||5:30 PM||Test on Drills/Lectures|
|5:30 PM||Dragon's 4th Feed||6:00 PM||Free Time|
|6:30 PM||Wash Up||6:45 PM||Wash Up|
|7:00 PM||Dinner||7:00 PM||Dinner|
|7:45 PM||Final Feeding/Oiling||7:45 PM||Care for dragon|
|8:45 PM||Free Time||8:45 PM||Free Time|
|9:30 PM||Go to Own Side of Barracks||9:30 PM||Go to Personal Weyr|
10:30 Lights Out!