A historical archive of the Pickering to Scarborough Railway

The Forge Valley Railway connected Pickering to Scarborough. Opened on 1st May 1882 and closed just 68 years later on 3rd June 1950 the line was 16¼ miles in length and had six intermediate stations, all of which were built to a uniform design. It left the Malton to Whitby main line half a mile south of Pickering at Mill Lane Junction and joined the York to Scarborough main line at Seamer Junction, 2 miles from the coast.

This web site has now moved to : www.forgevalleyrailway.co.uk

 
1