"When you see your own photo, do you say you're a fiction?"
This site will go off-line at the end of October. In the meantime, please preview the new CINEMA=GODARD=CINEMA
Links to reviews and pages of interest
Academic, General, Specific Films
Godard and Related
Anna Karina, Jean-Pierre Gorin, Raoul Coutard, Anne-Marie Miéville...
Subscribe to the Godard List
- (JULY 2009) LOOK FOR A NEWER, BETTER VERSION OF THIS SITE WITHIN THE NEXT COUPLE OF MONTHS!
- (Sept 18th, 2008): Une catastrophe, Godard's trailer for Viennale 2008
- (Sept 6th, 2004) Notre musique wins the FIPRESCI Grand Prix for Best Film of the Year
- (Sept 6th, 2004) THE PERSONAL IS POLITICAL - CINEMA ACCORDING TO JEAN-PIERRE GORIN, Sat Sept. 11, 2004, Lincoln Center, New York, NY
- (July 13th, 2004) Notre musique at the Toronto International Film Festival
- (Aug 9, 2004) The Criterion release of Une Femme est une femme
- (May 18th, 2004) The Cannes press conference for Notre musique
- (May 13th, 2004) The trailer for Notre musique
- (May 10th, 2004) Some info and images from Notre musique
- (April 13th, 2004) Notre musique to screen at Cannes
- (March 31st, 2004) Une femme est une femme to be released on Criterion DVD
- (Feb 2nd, 2004) Colin McCabe will be lecturing at the Cinematheque Ontario on Thursday, February 12, 2004 at 6:30 PM
- (Jan 25th, 2004) A Paris court has found Jean-Luc Godard guilty of copyright infringement. He used text by Viviane Forrester in King Lear without authorization.
- (Dec 10th, 2003) Colin MacCabe's new biography, Godard: A Portrait of the Artist at Seventy, is now available in the UK! It is to be released in the US in January, and Canada in February -- hear MacCabe discuss Godard on BBC radio
- (October 26th, 2003) The site has reached 100,000 hits! Thanks to everyone for their support.
- (August 5th, 2003) According to Film Comment, Notre musique is finished! (Thanks to Andrew Woodward for the scoop)
- (April 20th, 2003) According to these sources, Godard has started shooting his next feature, Notre musique: Variety; L'Autre Cinema
- (Feb 10th, 2003) Official site for Paris, je t'aime, including Godard's Champ contre champ
- (Jan 24th, 2003) Senses of Cinema has a new Godard entry in its Great Directors: A Critical Database
- (Jan 21st, 2003) Jean-Luc Godard: années politiques années oubliées, a retrospective in Nantes, Feb 4-16, 2003
- (October 30th, 2002) Godard misses the opening of Liberté et Patrie, citing sickness (again)
- (October 3rd, 2002) Godard is awarded the Praemium Imperiale Award for film/theatre (some audio and video here)
- (August 25th, 2002) Ten Minutes Older: The Cello, including Godard's Dans le noir du temps, at the 2002 Toronto International Film Festival
- (July 4th, 2002) For everyone who has been e-mailing me requesting contact info for Godard, please go here
- (July 3rd, 2002) According to this, Godard has a new film for L’arteplage mobile du Jura entitled Liberté et Patrie. If anyone has any information on this film or on l'AMJ, please e-mail me!
- SONIMAGE: The Legacies of Jean-Luc Godard, a bilingual, inter-disciplinary conference celebrating Godard's 80th birthday to be held at the University of Regina (Saskatchewan, Canada), Sept 16-18, 2010
- Cinéma et Engagement: Contours of Commitment in French Cinema, September 12-13, 2002, including some abstacts on Godard's work
- Details and schedule for READING GODARD: INTERTEXTUALITY AND THE FILM AND VIDEO WORK OF JEAN-LUC GODARD, an international conference at the University of Iowa, April 5-7, 2002. My Report: Between Seeing and Reading
- Conference reports with papers on Godard: Cinéma, Art(s) Plastique(s), Centre Culturel International de Cerisy, France, 14-21 June 2001 and Exploring Masculinities and Film at the Centre for Research into Film and Media, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 2-4 July 2001
- Details on FOR EVER GODARD, an International Conference on the work of Jean-Luc Godard at Tate Modern, London: June 21-24, 2001. Conference Reports: A Tale of Two Conferences; For Ever Godard
- Godard et le métier d'artiste, Universités de Metz, Paris 8 et Saint-Etienne, 1998
BOOKS AND REVIEWS
- Godard: A Portrait of the Artist at Seventy, by Colin MacCabe, reviewed by:
- Godard: Thinking Media, by Marcia Landy (review of Sterritt's Seeing the Invisible) and Sterritt's reply
- Ivens, Marker, Godard, Jarman: Erinnerung im Essayfilm, von Christina Scherer
- The Enduring Avant-Garde: Jean-Luc Godard and William Kentridge, exhibition review by Michael Rush
- The Future(s) of Film: interviews by Charles Tesson and Emmanuel Burdeau
- Godard et le métier d'artiste, sous la direction de Gilles Delavaud, Jean-Pierre Esquenazi et Marie-Françoise Grange
- High prase for Dixon's The Films of Jean-Luc Godard
- The Godard Renaissance: Impossible Work, by Glen Norton (review of Dixon's The Films of Jean-Luc Godard, Sterritt's Seeing the Invisible, Wills' Pierrot le fou and Silverman and Farocki's Speaking About Godard)
- Looking Forward to Godard, by Hassan Melehy (review of Dixon's The Films of Jean-Luc Godard)
- Scanning Godard, by Adrian Martin (review of Sterritt's Seeing the Invisible and Silverman and Farocki's Speaking About Godard)
- More Histoire(s) du Cinema?, by Paul Sutton (review of Silverman and Farocki's Speaking About Godard)
- A Modest Employee of the Cinema vs The Big Garage, by Martha P. Nochimson (review of Sterritt's Jean-Luc Godard Interviews)
Cinema=Godard=Cinema was born on June 8th, 1996, and last updated July 30th, 2009.
Cinema=Godard=Cinema is maintained exclusively by Glen W. Norton. E-mail at: email@example.com.
Submissions (film reviews, essays, comments, links) are more than welcome!
hits since Sept. 1, 2000
This page hosted by
Get your own Free Home Page