|Mrs. D. Roberts - West Glades Middle School|
|Thank you for visiting our class website. Make this site one of your favorites to return to for updates on classwork, homework, and extra credit activities.|
|Student Generated Webquests|
|THIS WEEK'S LESSON:|
|This week we will be just getting acquainted with one another. The big questions are: What are your goals for this year? What are your expectations for this class? What are Mrs. Roberts expectations of you? Once we answer these questions we will embark on a thematic unit entitled "What's Fair?|
|Mrs. Roberts||School Bell|
|Team Newsletters to Parents|
|Experiments and Activities|
|Questions for this lesson:|
|1. What is the meaning of the following quotation?
"The trouble with being in the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat."
2. List three "life strategies" you can personally identify with. Explain why?
3.Why are Class Expectations important?
4. What would you add as a consequence for not living up to the class expectations?
5. What are the eight parts of speech?
6. What is the due date for your first project on your class syllabus?
7. What does "D/O" stand for?
8. Will you be given a weekly evaluation? Why?
9. Under what circumstances will Mrs. Roberts contact your parents?
10. What is the topic of Friday's quiz?
| I. Make sure you have the right supplies:
1)1 1/2 " three ring binder
2) Package of colored pencils
3)Two red pens, and two black pens
4) 1 composition book
5) Post it Notes and index cards
II. Work to be completed:
Complete Life Strategies Guide
Visit Webquests link and complete task
Complete essay about your name
Quiz on Friday