Name: Gurinder Osan
Date of Birth: 13 February 1968
Present Address: R 578, 2nd floor, New Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi-110 060 , INDIA.
Ph: 011 5821271, 98102 08464
Educational Qual.: Bachelor of Fine Art (BFA), College of Art, Delhi, 1990
* Currently working as freelance photographer for advertising agencies, print magazines and design studios in Delhi.
* Parallely work for NGO’s on project basis photo-documenting issues related to development. Work as consultant photographer to UNICEF, New Delhi.
* Member photographer with "indiapictures.com", a Delhi based photo agency that provides photographs on stock and commissioned work basis.
* Freelance photographer on the panel of "Outlook Traveller", a Delhi based print magazine.
* Freelance photographer on the panel of "Press Institute of India" which is addressing the requirements of development journalism.
* Senior Staff Photographer, BusinessWorld, Delhi, (Aug '94 to Oct '98) one of India’s premier business magazines. Handled photo features related to economy and development besides regular corporate journalism.
* Staff Photographer, Indian Express (March '91 to July '94), one of India’s leading national newspapers.
Other Professional Work
* Apr '88 onwards: Photo-documenting the Indian Himalayas, travelling to remote and interior areas by motorcycle and trekking. Have motorcycled across the World's highest road, the Khardung la pass in Ladakh on two occasions, camping outdoors for more than a month and carrying all the gear necessary to do so on an Enfield Bullet 350cc motorcycle.
* Apl'92- Nov'93: Extensive photo-documentation of the Rebarhi nomads of Rajasthan, who herd cattle and are presently leading a marginalised existence.
* 1992-96: Close association with well known theatre director Habib Tanvir, photo-documenting his life and groups' performances
* Oct 94 -Mar95: Commissioned to photograph for interactive CD ROM projects for the "Rajasthan Tourism Development Corporation", the Indian Railways and on the Taj Mahal
* May 95: Member of first National Workshop on Photography organised by Lalit Kala Akademi, Delhi in the tribal district of Koraput, Orissa
* Aug-Dec 88 Photo documented artisans working in their natural environment for "Status Report on India's Artisans", published by CAPART, Delh
* Apl 95 Two day workshop with the students of Indian Institute of Technology - Kanpur
* Dec 95 Two day workshop with the students of Scindia School - Gwalior
* Apr 96 Two day workshop with the students of Mira Model School -Delhi
* Sept 2000 Five day workshop with children for pitara.com in Delhi* June 2001 Eight day workshop on a trek to Harkidoon valley in the remote and scenic Garhwal Himalayas, camping in the great outdoors
* April 2001 Prints exhibited as part of group show titled "999" at vis-a-vis gallery, Delhi. The show is presently travelling to other important cities of India.
* 4th -30th Jan 2000 Group exhibition titled "Endless Horizons" by three photographers and friends who had travelled extensively in the Northern Himalayas, collectively and individually, photo documenting the awe inspiring beauty of these ranges and their people. The resultant images related to landscape and people were exhibited at the IGNCA, Delhi (Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts), between 4th Jan. 2000 to 30th Jan2000, inaugurated by the acknowledged photographer S.Paul, who described it as the best exhibition on landscape photography ever held in Delhi. All the 131 prints in colour and B&W mounted were printed at my personal darkroom.* Dec 95 10 photographs selected for exhibition titled "Echoes from Panchpatmali" organised by Lalit Kala Akademi , Delhi
* Sep 92 Photographs selected for travelling exhibition of photographs from SAARC nations