Welcome to my online CV. Links to publications are below.
• Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
J.D., cum laude, 2007 Concentration in International Law M.S.S.A. (M.S.W. equivalent), 2007 Concentration in Children, Youth & Families Awards CALI/Book Awards: Reproductive Rights Seminar, Journal Seminar, Property Projects Case Western Reserve Journal of International Law – Note Editor International War Crimes Research Lab (produced a research memorandum
for the Prosecutor's Office of the Special Court for Sierra Leone)
• Oberlin College, Oberlin, OH
B.A. in Sociology & English, 2003 Magna cum laude in Sociology Minors in Women’s Studies & English Awards Comfort Starr Award in Sociology
Projects Student Senate, 2002-03 Peer educator, Oberlin Sexual Information Center, 2000-03
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2008
Legal Work Experience
• National Senior Citizens Law Center, Washington, DC Staff Attorney, Federal Rights Project August 2007-Present Provide technical assistance to attorneys through publications, advising on litigation, and running a listserv with commentary and analysis of current court developments. Promote access to justice through policy research and analysis, articles and op-eds in print and online media, and federal lobbying.
• Servicemembers Legal Defense Network, Washington, DC Law Fellow August 2007 Conducted research on military regulations affecting lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender servicemembers.
• Lambda Legal, Atlanta, GA Law FellowMay-August 2006 Responsible for legal research and authored internal memoranda relating to civil rights impact litigation. Conducted intake interviews and follow-up correspondence for Legal Help Desk.
• Legal Aid Society of Cleveland, Cleveland, OH Domestic Violence Intern September 2005-April 2006 Prepared pleadings; interviewed clients and accompanied them to court; conducted legal and policy research; handled scheduling and correspondence with clients.
• National Gay & Lesbian Task Force, Washington, DC Law Fellow May-August 2005 Drafted internal research memoranda, memoranda on legislative language for state and local organizations, and educational materials for members of Congress; tracked and analyzed state and local legislation.