HBMonopoly is a conversion of the famous board game for the Amiga computer. It runs in a window on the Workbench or on a custom screen and supports a lot of different languages and local versions. Upto eight players can participate in a game and can be controlled by the computer or human players. Since version 2 HBMonopoly is networking capable, so the game can be played over a local TCP/IP network or even the whole Internet.
!! known bug: chat will not work with AmiTCP/Genesis !!
- 16-Jun-2001: new version 2.6: Added Slovenian translation and Russian graphics, minor program update.
- 16-Apr-2000: new version 2.4: It's not longer possible to offer more money than you have in a transaction; After winning the game the winner does not loop endless and the winning sound can be heard; bugfix for quitting the game.
New translations to Russian, Portuguese and Czech; updated translations to Catalan and Finnish.
New GlowMopoly screenshot!
- 2-Apr-2000: new translation in Croatian; updated translations in French, Italian and Dutch (includes Dutch manual).
- 22-Mar-2000: new version 2.3: select different board pics from within the game; small changes in German, Swiss and American catalogs; Danish catalog is now really Danish...; GlowMopoly archive with different file names.
- 14-Mar-2000: added GlowMonopoly archive.
- 4-Mar-2000: new version 2.2c: new option "don't avtivate windows", especially useful for chatting; updated the German translation: different colors, different texts for some cards.
- 26-Feb-2000: IRC links; GlowMopoly/SiMopoly link.
- 22-Feb-2000: new version 2.2b: fixed exchange message; enlarged buffer for street name (Swiss version had problems before); Italian translation updated; additional Icons by Andreas Just.
new "atomic fish" page (see bottom).
- 19-Feb-2000: new version 2.2a: many bugfixes for network gaming; fixed problems when sound was deactivated; Dutch translation updated.
- 15-Feb-2000: There was a small problem with the upload..., but now version 2.1 is really available!
- 13-Feb-2000: new version 2.1: translation really finished; (hopefully) fixed problems when the connection to a client was lost; French and Swedish translations updated.
- 8-Feb-2000: new version 2.0a: finished translation, fixed schweiz translation, fixed making transactions as computer player.
- 6-Feb-2000: Opened this website. First official release of HBMonopoly 2.0. My Amiga was broken for some time, so there are some features missing that I wanted to include in this version. If you have ideas what I might have forgotten or find any bugs then please write me an e-mail.
AmigaOS 3.0 or higher
gtlayout.library V32 or higher (included in archive)
Recommended additional setup:
bsdsocket.library compatible TCP/IP stack (AmiTCP, Miami, Genesis, WinUAE...) for networking
|screenshot with two very whealthy players...
|GlowMopoly and SiMopoly (German)
The files on geocities have the suffix ".zip", please rename to ".lha" or ".lzx" respectively!
Where to find other HBMonopoly players on the Internet:
Nuclear Power? Yes Please!