Why We Don't Vaccinate(a partial list)
I am not a doctor or anything like that... I am "just" a mom concerned about the health and well-being of my daughter. Not everyone will reach the same conclusions as I have, but know that I sincerely believe that this is the best choice for our family. Please research the issue and strive to make the best, informed choice you can for your family.
1. I doubt the effectiveness of vaccines. They do not guarantee protection from the diseases from which they are supposed to immunize you and your children. For instance, last year (1997) in Idaho, USA, they had an outbreak of pertussis (whooping cough). I was told that about 80% of the people who caught the disease had been vaccinated for the disease. The health department has admitted that it was *not* a vaccine preventable outbreak.
In the New England Journal of Medicine, July 1994 issue, a study found that over 80% of children under five years of age who contracted whooping cough had been fully vaccinated.
According to the Australian Vaccination Network in "the 1994
outbreak of whooping cough in Casino, NSW, more than 80% of the
cases occurred in children who had been fully vaccinated. The
Medical Journal of Australia reported in May 1995 on a measles
outbreak in Western Sydney in which 79% of the cases occurred in
vaccinated children. In almost every outbreak of infectious disease which is reported on in medical journals, at least 50% of those affected have been vaccinated."
To find out more interesting facts about shots, visit the following links:
2. These diseases were on the decline even before the introduction of the vaccines due to better hygiene, sanitation, and diet. See http://pages.prodigy.com/gval/epidem.htm
3. I do not want to knowingly allow my daughter to be injected with poisons such as formaldehyde and ethylene glycol (antifreeze). Plus some people are allergic to some of the ingredients found in vaccines. Go here to find out more ingredients in vaccines... http://home.sprynet.com:80/sprynet/Gyrene/whatsi~1.htm
4. For ethical reasons... The rubella, hepatitis A, and chickenpox vaccines were developed with the use of human diploid cells (the dissected organs of aborted human fetuses).
In the case the rubella vaccine, I have seen a medical journal article in which Dr. S. Plotkin of Philidelphia says, "This fetus was chosen by Dr. Sven Gard, specifically for this purpose. Both parents are known, and unfortunately for the story, they are married to each other, still alive and well, and living in Stockholm, presumably. The abortion was done because they felt they had too many children" (Gamma Globulin Prophylaxis; Inactivated Rubella Virus; Production and Biologics Control of Live Attenuated Rubella Virus Vaccines Amer J Dis Child 1969 vol 118 [10 pgs]). In this article they are talking about cell-line WI-38. For a list of medical journal articles, please see Concerned Parents for Vaccine Safety's List of Medical Journal Articles.
To varify that they still use cell lines made from aborted fetuses in producing vaccines, I called up the manufacturer of the vaccines... Merck. I asked specifically about the rubella and chickenpox vaccines. As I understand it, Varivax--the chicken pox vaccine--and rubella are made from two cell lines. Each of these cell lines was made from an aborted fetus... two aborted fetuses, one for each cell line. These fetuses were aborted over 30 years ago. The cell lines used today are from the original aborted fetuses. Merck continues to nourish the cells, and they are continuing to grow. They culture the varivax and rubella vaccines on those cells lines.
Please feel free to call Merck to varify this information yourself at 1-800-672-6372.
Here are some aritcles others have written about this subject.
5. We do not know about all the adverse reactions that occur--10% of doctors report the damage they see to the CDC. Before 1990, doctors were not legally obligated to report adverse reactions to vaccines to the Center for Disease Control and even with this current legal obligation, only 10% of doctors report the damage they see to the CDC.
6. Oftentimes, records of adverse reactions are not accurate. When a bad reactions happens, doctors often won't even consider the idea that it was because of the vaccination.
7. I believe there is a connection between DPT shots and SIDS--this includes even the acellular pertussis vaccine. It's interesting to note that the three primary doses of DPT are given at two months, four months, and six months. About 85 percent of SIDS cases occur at one through six months, with the peak incidence at age two to four months.
8. For me, the most convincing reason not to vaccinate is found in these
stories written by the parents of vaccine injured children...
Back to Be Informed About Vaccinations
[Where to Buy] [Health] [Protecting Children] [Free Graphics] [Awards]
[Text Index of Site] [Webrings] [Who am I?] [GeoCities]
The Kidz are People Too Page