The Twelve Steps of SCA-Recovery (Freely adapted from AA's sterling concept)
1. We admitted we were powerless in and over the Society - that our mundane lives (and our account at the Fabric Shop) had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than the BOD could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will (not capitalised), and our lives over to the care of the Present as we understood it.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves. (Feudal values are not necessarily PC).
5. Admitted to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our affliction (and did not speak forsoothly while doing so).
6. Were entirely ready to have the Spirit of the Present remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked it to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had unwillingly dragged to a bad feast, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible (inviting them to a dinner full of non-period foods), except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we regressed promptly admitted it (especially if found bowing to the firm's CEO).
11. Sought through dedicated TV watching to improve our conscious contact with the Present as we understood it, praying only for knowledge of current affairs and football scores and the power to be able to discuss them.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others in the same bind and to practice these principles in all our affairs.