SQL Exercise 1
SQL Exercise 2
SQL Exercise 3
Another Normalization Example
How to check if your SQL is using INDEX?
Summary of Basic DB Concepts
Learn SQL in One Hour
BIS Pass Exam 2001/2002
BIS Pass Exam 1999/2000
BIS 4222 Database Management Systems
|BIS4222 is a 20 credit,
middle level course. The success of many organizations
depends upon information stored in database management systems.
Given the importance of such systems it is essential that managers
with responsibility for IT understand the underlying DBMS principles
examined in this course. This unit serves to provide a perspective
on database management system structure and functions. Database
design and likely developments in database technology are also
A perspective on database management system structure and function
is provided. Topics introduced include:
- architecture of databases
- data models: network, hierarchical, relational , Object-oriented,relational
databases, normalization, front-end systems
- database environment: security , recovery and concurrency data
and database administration,object-oriented database systems,client-server
and distributed database systems and research topics in DBMS.
|Why do you need to visit
this page? |
- You can know the lecture notes
- You can know News Update if any.
- Deadline for course work : 5 December 2002. Click here to download the coursework (Word document)