Homagama Pradeshiya Shaba Area
|Urban development Authority, Western province Srilanka , firstname.lastname@example.org/2008|
|Homagama City Center|
|Homagama Railway Staion|
|Homagama New Town Area|
|Hoamagama is one of the major city in the western region of the Sri Lanka is situated 20km away from the Colombo city.Homagama Pradeshiyshaba consist of Homagama divisional secretariat division & 10 Gn divisions of Padukka Ds divisions. The total land area is about 133sqkm of 90 GN divisions. The HomagamaPradesiyaShaba(Local Authority)established under the act No15of 1987.It is about 1,95,000 population & 50,000 housing units in the PS area in 2002. According to Colombo Metropolitans Structure Plan the city has identified a 4th order urban center. Last two decades Industrial sector activities are growing rapidly in the homagama PS area as well as housing development's in surrounding areas. Mattegoda housing scheme and Templeburgue, Ashok layland,Meegoda & Katuwana Industrial site's are most important of them. Most industrials & other urban activities genarating alone the Athurugiriya - Padukka road ,and other infrastructure facilities like a good road network has further influenced this development. The Southern Express way has excellent development prospects within the region.
VISION OF THE PLAN
Homagama is developed as Residential , Industrial & Economic center by optimization of available resources & conservation of Bio-Diversity & enhance the functional efficiency by Physical , Social , Economical and Environmental integration in order to address the future challenges as the area in the CMR structure plan
OBJECTIVES OF THE PLAN
1. Introducing sustainable land utilization system
2.Management of Biological diversity
3. Established integrated solid waste management system
4. To improve the transportation system to increase its efficiency and congestion and travel time.
5. Increase the infrastructure capacities.
6. To increase quality and quantity of the housing stock
7. Established more efficiency and security system to ensure adequate Security in the area
8. Increase the economic growth rate.
9. To encourage private sector participation in development projects
10.Conservation all wetlands marshy land other historical valuable places with in the region
11.Identification of resource for the development
Homagama Ps Area Declared By the UDA Under The Following Gazettes
1.1978 gazette no.4/1,30th September - old HomagamaTown council area.
2.1979 Gazette No. 56/6 , 15th October - old village council Authurugiriya.
3. 1983 Gazette no. 234/7 , 15th of march - Mattegoda area.1999 Gazette no. 1084/20 , 17th June - rest of the area