What Hasn't Changed
The Basic rules of UNO extend to Hot Death UNO. Each player, on his turn, must play either a Special Action card or a card whose color, symbol, or number matches the card on top of the Discard pile. If a Player does not have a suitable card, he must draw from the deck to retrieve a suitable card. (Note. Popular House Rules call for a player that cannot (or chooses not to) play any cards from his deck must draw until he finds one.)
New Rules--According to HDU
- Instead of dealing seven cards, the dealer chooses five to fifteen cards to deal.
- Play goes to 1,000 points instead of 500
- There are a number of extra cards in the deck (as shown below)
- Hot Death UNO is played with TWO regular UNO decks
- Players are allowed to stack Draw cards to avoid having to draw. (See below for specifics)
- Finally, if a player gets all four "Bastard Cards" -- the Quitter, , , and Holy Defender -- he is automatically the winner of the game.