Freddy Evans sent a message to me, via his brother Andrew Evans,
who passed it to their sister Evie during a phone call regarding the
execution of their late father’s will.
[ NOTE: Freddy has refused to speak to his sister for several years, because she has consistently chosen to obey God rather than Freddy and Andrew Evans. ]
The substance of the request was that I participate in a further cover-up by removing the reference to the persistent reports of Freddy committing adultery with the piano player at Taigum Gardens AOG a few years ago.
The phone conversation related to the effects of a codicil added to Tommy Evans’ will after he came under the care and control of Freddy Evans a couple of years ago. Evie — a poor widow — will lose her share totally, unless Freddy and Andrew agree to sign it over to her.
In the context of giving his nominal agreement to sign the necessary papers, Freddy tacked on the request that the reference to him committing adultery be removed from this web site. (Naturally, there were no strings attached...)
The following is the text of my reply:
15 August 1997
I was astonished to receive your request on Thursday 7 August 1997 to
remove one sentence from my "Recovering from Spiritual Abuse" web site.
The substance of your request is that I remove a single sentence from
the web site, a sentence that alludes to the detailed reports of you
committing adultery with the church pianist while you were the pastor
of the Taigum Gardens AOG in Queensland, reports which continue to
circulate across Australia.
Putting aside the speculation, the relevent facts appear to be these:
1) When Ashley Evans molested his fatherless teenage cousin — alternatively beating the girl with a cricket bat and then hugging her for his own sexual pleasure, as he later admitted to the victim’s mother — you actively supported the abuser, rather than the victim.
2) When Ashley’s father — Andrew Evans, National Superintendant of the AOG in Australia for twenty years — sent three men to the girl’s home to order her mother to sacrifice the girl to demons, you actively supported him.
[ That’s right, Freddy, A SACRIFICE TO DEMONS.
3) When Evie Glasgow stated that the actions of Andrew Evans and others,
in taking a fellow Christian to court, was contrary to Scripture, you
arranged for her to be publicly defamed, falsely accused of approving
of fornication, and ridiculed as mentally unstable. You arranged for a
letter to be circulated nationally that defamed her.
[ NOTE: Her only “crime” was to publicly recommend
4) When your blind, ninety-five year old father came into your care and control, you told him some story which so infuriated him that he effectively cut his youngest daughter out of his will. To his credit, the old man relented before his death, but due to his blindness was unable to ensure that the codicil he had added was properly removed. Now you hold a poor widow’s share of a very small estate in your hands.
[ NOTE: Both you and Andrew Evans were penniless
5) When your brother made a practice of ringing my wife at home and threatening and abusing her, you supported the abuser rather than the victim.
So, what are you asking us to believe?
But the strongest proof against you Freddy is the fact that the AOG
National Executive and the QLD State Executive have refused to conduct
an investigation in order to clear your name.
I can’t say what was the exact extent of your physical relationship with that poor woman, Freddy, but I do
know that you are a cruel and cowardly sleazebag. Women mean nothing to you. You have treated your
own sister and niece as disposable rags.
Return to Index Page .|
Last update: 18 August 1997