by Mimi Kamp
A major first-aid remedy for Nerve Pain and Damage, and traumatized
sensory nerves. Often called the "Arnica of the nervous system".
Pain reliever for intolerable "exquisite" pain and the
equivalent of a morphine-like medicine in homeopathy. Shock to the nervous
system from severe pain involving the nerves. [Potency: 30c and higher;
and the mother tincture diluted in water and applied locally to injury.]
Humid; relieved by coughing or hawking profuse expectoration of mucous.
Comes on after an injury to the spine. Asthma is worse in foggy weather
and from change of weather, and better from profuse perspiration.
- Back pain- after an injury; aching after confinement; pain that
is worse from exertion; pressing plug-like pain, and stitching, piercing
pain; coccyx pain, and after injury to coccyx; neck pain when moving head
and stiffness; cutting pain between scapula and dorsal region; pain in
shoulders that are tearing and stitching; pain from spinal injuries, with
tearing and stitching pain.
- Lameness- of the back and lumbar region; with soreness of the
spine and neck; coldness extending down the back.
- Herniated Disc- with intolerable pain from slipped or ruptured
disc; from back injury and after lifting; pain and shock after back and
Bites an Stings:
Vicious animal bites with tearing and laceration of extremities;
ailments from bites. Cat, dog and rat bites on fingers, and especially
on the thumb. Insect bites and stings of the extremities. Snake
bites of the extremities.
Dental and Mouth Problems:
- Toothache- relieves pain of abscess and in the nerve; also use
mother tincture locally on afflicted gums and teeth; pain is worse from
cold, movement, 3-4 a.m., and better when lying on the painful side and
- Dental work and surgery- hemorrhage in dental surgery, and shooting
pains sensory nerves in gums and teeth after tooth extraction, root canal,
fillings; from injections when the nerve trunk is damaged; it promote the
regeneration of the severed nerves; [30c before surgery and after as needed
and alternate with Arnica].
- Injury- to dental nerves; traumatized tooth; injury to front
teeth, including in children; fractured jaw for the sensory nerve pain.
- Tongue wounds- lacerated wound of the tongue with soreness.
Taste of blood in the mouth, with dry lips. Tongue is coated white at the
base and clean at the lip. [Instead of pain killers take 30c]
Severe nervous depression following the emotional and physical results
of physical shock, excessive pain, injury, wounds and fright; after a violent
attack on one's person such as having been shot or stabbed; depression
and apprehension before and after surgery. Nervousness and hypersensitiveness
to least pain with great feeling of oppression and anguish; melancholic,
anxious and hyper-excitable; anxiety in chest with shortness of breath
in the forenoon; shrieking followed by weeping.
Emergencies and First Aid:
To prevent tetanus caused by puncture wounds; (take 30c immediately
after puncture wound).
- Violent Wounds- from gunshot, stabs and bites.
- Faintness- caused by the shock of an injury [also see: Injury,
Accident; and Bites.]
Eye and Vision Problems:
- Styes- in left eye, lower lid; tension in eyelid.
- Eyebrow Pain- on right side; worse at night.
- Childbirth- pain after delivery that is extreme; afterpains
from instrumental delivery, e.g. forceps, with violent pains in the sacrum
and hips, and severe headaches; nerve pain from surgical incisions, e.g.
cesarean delivery and episiotomy.
- Labor Pains- that are very violent.
- Menstrual- periods are late, 2 weeks late, and/or late with
a discharge; menses with sickening abdominal pain and headache.
Bursting pain with hypersensitive scalp. Throbbing headache
on the top of head with sensation of being lifted high up in the air. Head
feels as if touch by a ice. Worse in damp, foggy weather.
- Shingles- with severe pain along the course of nerves, neuritis
and with burning, tingling and numbness, during and after zoster.
Injury, Accident, Shock and Trauma:
- Injuries- with nerve pain from puncture wounds, incised
wounds and laceration; bruises and contusions; sprains and strains; prostration
from injuries; injury in which victim lies on their back, jerking head
- Cuts and Wounds- with nerve pain that is burning, stinging,
shooing, throbbing; more painful then the wound appears; open and lacerated
wounds; wounds with scurf.
- Tetanus and Lockjaw- to prevent and treat; with shooting pains;
- Nerve Pain and Damage- neuralgia, neuritis, intolerable pain
from lacerations, deep wounds, stab and gunshot wounds, with inflammation
and shooting pains which shoots up from the injury; nerve pain from burns
- Puncture wounds- penetrating wounds from animal bites, nails,
pins, tacks, knives, splinters, and insect stings; with pain that travels
upward from the injury.
- Preserves integrity of torn and lacerated members when almost
entirely separated from body.
- Amputation- pain after amputation of limbs, upper and also lower;
traumatic neuralgia in amputated limb stump, and phantom limb
- Spinal Injury- after a fall; spine very sensitive to
touch; bad effects of spinal cord concussion; fall on coccyx and tailbone
injury; blow or injury to base of spine; pain, great soreness, irritation
and congestion in spinal cord; lateral sclerosis; back and neck pain after
injury; spinal cord tetanus.
- Injuries and Pain in Extremities- crushed or smashed; sprained
left foot; hand injuries with lacerations and fracture; crushed and mashed
fingers and toes (especially the tips), slammed in a door, window,
or crushed under a great weight; injury to nails especially at the
matrix and torn off nails; injuries in the palm and sole with intolerable
pain; injury to palms and soles with deep pain.
- Concussion- from and after injuries, blows to the head
and spine; with headaches and convulsions. Memory loss or amnesia
after as a result.
- Brain Tumor- onset of symptoms after a head injury.
Joint, Muscle and
Extreme soreness, body shuttering and desire to urinate.
- Pain- terrible nerve pain from injuries involving tissue rich
in nerves, neuralgia and nerve inflammation; external tearing pain; neuralgia
of brachial plexus along arm; paralytic pain in left foot; rheumatic, gnawing
and stitching pain in toes and tips of toes; tearing pain alternating with
paralyzed feeling in feet; pain in heels with formication and numbness
as if fall asleep; rheumatic pain in tips of toes and fingers; tearing
pains in legs, shoulders and forearm; shooting pain in bones (periosteum)
- Repetitive Stress Injury- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome with
inflammation of the nerves from overexertion or repetitious motion; numb
hands; tension in forth finger; tearing pain in thumb; sprained wrist on
motion; wrist pain in the morning in bed; neuralgic upper arm pain; trembling
of left upper limbs; cutting pain in finger tips; fuzziness in the hands;
formication in hand in the morning.
- Joints- pains are bruised, rheumatic, sore, and wandering; hysterical
- Hip Pain- after confinement, immobilization, a fall or surgery;
at night in bed.
- Sciatica- lower limbs after an injury, or prolonged sitting;
severe pain radiates along the nerve with tingling and numbness; of the
elbow and forearm; comes on in bed; worse on left side, in bed, evening
- Numbness- of the skin; of left leg, of leg in the evening; of
hands, or hands fall asleep, of upper limbs at night; of feet before menses.
- Tingling- of feet while lying in bed; formication and fuzziness
in the foot in the morning; in knee.
- Cramps- in feet on going to sleep; in leg when going to sleep;
in gluteal muscles of buttocks.
- Legs and Feet- biting pains in toes; twitching toes at night
on going to sleep; lancinating pains in legs. Worse left arm and leg.
Motor and Sensory Disorders:
- Paraplegia- with spastic paralysis from spinal injury
- Paralysis- after an injury involving the nerves; progressive
- Amputation- phantom limb pains.
- Spinal Cord- pain in spine; concussion to spine; irritation,
inflammation and myelitis; congestion; lateral sclerosis; tetanus.
- Convulsions- of a spinal origin, from head injury, concussions,
and from injuries and wounds in fingers, soles, and palms; and from tetanus.
- Bell's Palsy- with paralysis of facial muscles; and facial neuralgic
pain on the right side.
- Eruptions- feel as if they are under the skin; smarting sensation,
like nettle rash on the hands; crusty yellow eruptions around the mouth;
about the ears.
- Eczema- of the hands, on face and under chin with severe itching.
- Bunions and Corns- when pain is excruciating, showing nerve
- Scars- that become painful. Hair falls out as a result of an
Constant drowsiness. Weariness on waking but better by noon.
- Sleepiness- in the evening especially at 5 or 6 p.m., and during
dinner; in anemic people. Spasmatic jerks in arms and legs and twitching
in toes on going to sleep.
- Insomnia- after 4 a.m.; waking from vertigo or nausea; wakes
at 4 a.m. with a sense of levitation; talks wildly in sleep after 4 a.m.
with apprehension and gasping for air.
- Dreams- of hunting, climbing steps, and neglected business.
- Cramps- on going to sleep in feet and legs.
To prevent and treat post operative sensory nerve pain, prostration, trauma,
and other disorders as a result of surgery. Surgical shock from the anesthesia,
with weakness and loss of vital strength or muscular powers. Pain following
surgery for detached retina. [30c before and after surgery, and alternate
Vaccination and Injections:
Acute reaction after a vaccinations and injections where the needle
has damaged the nerve trunk.