Is Writing for Web easy? If you know it well!!!
In this CAP(Cut/Copy and Paste) techology era on internet, anybody
can steal the text from anywhere on internet.(Don't tell
anybody, but that's what I did many times before!!!). But, that's not
enough, you need to know some basic skills of writing too!!!
So,the quesion is that "How can you write for web?"
There are 2 flavors to it:
1. Totally personal:You can write it on a personal level like you are
directly talking to other person. Sometimes, this is a more acceptable level
on web. Did you recognize that my style of writing fall in this category!!!
2. Totally business: This category of writing is something like someone
is talking from a stage and introducing an important person.
I found that most of the big comapny's web-sites contain CEOs bio-data
So, let's assume that you write something for web(or just use CAP technology),
but that's not enough...It has to be edited too!!!
So, now question is that "Why web writing must be edited?"
Because every person has a certain level of interest in every
piece of information. A writer should help each reader get their
desired level of information as quickly as possible.
You must know that for any web-site,all visitors fall in 3 categories:
Most of the audience will only have some interest and little time to read your crap.A web page which caters to each level of reader interest will result in more satisfied visitors & eventually happy customers.
Now, let me share some of my tips, which I try to implement
for web pages I make:
You must always ask these questions for all web pages you make:
1. Is a paragraph or page create more interest in a reader?
2. How do you satisfy a visitor who is thirsty for more information?
3. Is necessary information quickly and easily available?
4. Is key information available as a one sentence/one paragraph summary?
5. Are all headings informative?
6. Do you ask questions to readers and provide feedback form for it?
So, did you learn something from this article? If yes, thanks for reading and
learning as well as congratulations for adding some skills to your
personality. If no, go through it and let me know how I can help you
to understand it more.
And, as you know I always love suggestions and critics from you.