Chris Ashe P.E.
Mechanical Engineer, Licensed in Washington State.
Position as a Project Manager/Engineer.
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, California State University, Sacramento 1988
Associate of Arts, Electrical Engineering, Diablo Valley College 1985
Ygnacio Valley High School, Concord,
CA 1981 YVHS Page
Wide variety of engineering skills: design, project management, HVAC,piping, mechanical systems, facilities, commisioning, manufacturing, CAD, calculations, spreadsheets...
of Washington, Seattle, WA
from 5/00 to present, Position: Mechanical Engineer
· Designed and managed wide variety of institutional construction projects.
· Coordinated with clients, facilities, contractors, architects and other engineers.
· Designed mechanical systems for remodel projects to labs, offices, classrooms and medical facilities.
County and Macdonald Miller, Seattle, WA
from 11/98 to 5/00, Position: Mechanical Engineer
· Managed complex infrastructure upgrade to institutional facility.
· Coordinated with consultants and contractors to ensure a successful project.
· Designed mechanical systems for industrial facilities and transit operations.
from 5/97 to 9/98, Position: Engineer
· Developed and designed mechanical systems.
· Prepared reports and investigative studies.
· Designed complete HVAC and piping systems for large institutional and commercial projects.
· Calculated system requirements and sized equipment.
· Researched codes and regulations to ensure project compliance.
· Prepared cost estimates.
Puget Sound Naval Shipyard:
from 1/90 to 5/97, Position: Mechanical Engineer
· Designed mechanical systems for Navy vessels.
· Developed and designed mechanical systems for facilities and industrial welding operations.
· Maintained industrial shipyard cranes.
· Designed complete HVAC and piping systems for Navy vessels.
· Calculated heat loads and determined sizing requirements.
· Conducted trouble-shooting operations and made immediate repairs.
· Lead Engineering responsibilities: Tasked other departments for support, coordinated with other engineers
(structural and electrical), managed projects to ensure a quality finished product.
Manufacturing and Facilities:
· Developed and designed mechanical systems for industrial operations.
· Worked with environmental and OSHA standards to meet safety and air pollution requirements.
· Maintained industrial shipyard cranes (Weight Handling Equipment).
· Coordinated with mechanics and other engineers to ensure the safe products.
· Extensive use of CAD systems to develop drawings and design mechanical systems (Unix and PC).
· Implemented procedures to streamline design process and reduce costs.
· Prepared engineering documents and technical reports using word processing and spreadsheet programs.
Interests - personal
Travel, skiing, bicycling, family