-Disclaimers: Title belong entirely to Gabriel Garcia, just borrowing it for the sake of the story. Buffy, Spike, Whistler and all the memories belong to Joss and his crew, all other characters are entirely mine. Lyrics by Limp Biskit, My Way.

-Summary: Series set 100 yrs after "the gift", Season five finale. This is part AU and futuristic. Spike has been alive for 100 hundred years after Buffy's death. Whistler comes to him to let him know that Buffy has been summoned to fight a new evil, therefore she will be brought back to life and needs a "guide". When Buffy wakes she finds that the only one to cling to is the only person that has survived since the time she was alive. This is a B/S fiction.

-Rating: Overall rating of series is R. (Language and Violence) No one under 16, please.

-Spoilers: I will mention everything that has happened through "The Gift".

-Distribution: The only people that have permission to post these series are those who already store my fic and have asked me for permission, if you want to post it please ask me I'll be happy to let you, I just want to know where my fic goes. Poem : Emily Dickinson.

-Author's Note: I adore Feedback, so please let me know what you think of the story so far! bih80reviews@yahoo.com

-Special Thanks: Trish for BETA reading this and her awsome feedback, Karla for listening to me rant, and One Good Day group may you be blessed with many chocolate covered naked Spikes! Thanks for all the reviews!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Special
You think you're special
You do, I can see it in your eyes

She looked at herself in the mirror and was half pleased. The tight ivory leather pants went perfect with her ivory leather tank top and the beautiful knee-length ivory leather coat Spike had bought for her, what surprised her the most were the python boots that matched the rest of her wardrobe perfectly.

OK, so he had the taste of a hyena when I knew him, but now……well just say WOW. She thought as she saw a Matrix replica of herself.

Her long blonde hair was pulled back in a tight ponytail, she didn’t know what kind of demons she had to fight in this futuristic world but she had to be ready for the worst.

She looked hot and she knew it. They should have had this type of government founding in "her" time.

"Slayer!"

She heard Spike call for her, she knew the vampire must be pacing at the end of the stairs. Something about this new Spike excited and yet bothered her.

He very much felt like the guy you knew in high school and later met in the twenty year reunion.

She was calm and collected, but still anxious and short-tempered. He was mature and knowledgeable, but still unsure and regretful.

Her mind drifted to their dancing and she felt her cheeks redden at the thought of his hard chest pressed intimately against hers.

He had been charming, had she not looked up to him and seen the distraction on his face, or maybe he was pretending for it to look like distraction just to throw her off.

He obviously didn’t love her, not the way he did back then, and somehow that thought was disturbing.

She frowned, why did she get insecure-bot-building Spike to love her, yet couldn’t get rich-professional-secure Spike to even show a hint of emotion.

Was she that dislikable?

She realized that she must have been a bitch to him all those years ago, but he still stuck through with her friends, sharing in their lives and loving them at the end.

That afternoon in the balcony she had build her hopes that he would give her a sign of what he felt so long ago, but instead he treated it like a history book and got straight to the point. It was all about her being the slayer, nothing more, nothing less.

I can see it when you laugh at me
Look down on me
You walk around on me
Just one more fight

She walked down the hall and to the stairs, seeing him waiting at the end of the stairs, talking to Efrain.

He looked up and merely acknowledged her presence. Her Spike would have looked her over and shown his interest in her clothing.

This Spike had seen too many women and fucked too many whores.

She met them at the end of the stairs and listened while they talked back and forth to each other in Spanish and made a mental note that she must learn the language if she was going to live in Bogota.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About your leadership
And I will straight up
Leave your shit
'Cause I've had enough of this
And now I'm pissed

Spike finished giving instructions to his butler and was glad he had been talking to the man, the bulge in his pants had grown when he saw her at the top of the stairs, clad completely in ivory leather, looking very deadly and incredibly sexy.

He internally groaned at the thought of the next few weeks he had to spend with her.

She was standing behind him waiting for him to tell her what they had to do.

"So, what demon are we after tonight?" she asked as Spike received Rubio from Efrain.

Spike checked to make sure the shotgun was loaded and smiled, "No Demon."

"Vampire? Ghost? Spirit?…..Robot?" She asked trying to make some type of conversation with the black leather clad vampire.

He looked at her in a mock glare. "No robot." He said and for the first time in all the time that she had been alive, she smiled at his fake hostility.

"So then, Mr. Big and Bad, what ‘nasty’ are we going after tonight?" she asked.

He looked at his watch to make sure they were running on schedule.

"Have some business I’ve got to take care of before we leave," he said and started walking towards the door that led to the basement.

She unconsciously followed him, as he opened the door and motioned for her to enter.

"What’s here?" she asked peering in the well lit room.

"Weapons." He stated and she eagerly went in.

The room before her astounded her as she saw a state-of-the-art training room, complete with a full-scale trampoline, a boxing ring, kung fu tools, swords of all types hanged on the wall, and there was a mixture of Medieval looking irons and a bit more futuristic ones.

"Where’s the stakes?"

"No stakes, pet." He said smiling and she stared after him. She had never seen him smile like that. It was a general amused smile, like he was enjoying her asking ‘stupid’ questions.

"And exactly how I am going to kill vampires?" she said looking as he walked to one wall that was bare of anything else.

She watched as he pressed something on the wall and the entire wall flipped over revealing an entire arsenal of all types of handguns, shotguns, tracking devices, rifles, grenades, and even an identifiable bazooka.

Buffy stared in wonder at the wall.

"With this." Spike said holding up a nice piece about half of Buffy’s size.

Yeah
This time I'm 'a let it all come out
This time I'm 'a stand up and shout
I'm 'a do things my way
It's my way
My way, or the highway

She shook herself from the trance and walked over to him. "Have I missed something, are we going into battle?" she asked looking over the weapons that must weigh a good twenty pounds.

He smirked at her. "Lesson the first. No matter how small the matter seems to be, you have to go prepared as if you were fightin’ the armies of Lucifer ‘imself."

She looked over the weapon. "Can I tell you a secret?"

He looked at her in surprise but diligently nodded.

She leaned in on him and he stood stock-still. "Vampires don’t die from bullets. They prefer wood, as do I. So point me to the nearest Scotty’s while I break some panels."

He slightly tilted his head, amused by her banter, he had really missed her quick-perky mouth…..that was currently painted light pink.

"And I’ll tell you a lil’ secret." He replied, and she braced herself for his sarcasm. He did the same thing she did and leaned in on her. "It’s humans we’re after."

Her eyes grew as wide as saucers. "What?" she asked not believing what he was saying.

"We’re going after Chino, the head of ‘el cartel’" He stated and dropped an 35 mm in her hand.

"Who is Chino? What is ‘el cart?" she asked looking at the hand gun.

"El Cartel." He corrected her looking for her bullets.

"Whatever."

"El Cartel is the Spanish Mafia, largest Mafia in the world." He said taking back her weapon and loading it.

"The Mafia? Why the hell are you involved with the Mafia?" she asked confused.

Just one more fight
About a lot of things
And I will give up everything
To be on my own again
Free again

"Well I am thinking they had something to do with Tatiana’s murder so I called a meeting with Chino."

"Ok, hold it a minute. Why would the Mafia care what the slayer does, and why the hell are we taking guns to a meeting? Don’t they frisk us?….And why aren’t we out killing demons in the cemetery." She asked now completely confused.

He stood facing her and raised his hand in an attempt to count. "One: the slayer threatens everything that is anti-government, therefore it includes the Mafia. Two: all meetings end in a shoot out, therefore we go prepared. Three: yes they’ll frisk us and when they find the weapons they’ll either know we're serious or seriously stupid. Four: there are no cemeteries, bodies are cremated. So your usual patrolling will be replaced with car chases and all type of poofy adventures."

"Car chases? And,…and shoot outs? I am not bullet proof, you know? And I in no way plan to go against the Mafia." She said stubbornly placing her hand on her hip.

He smiled down at her. "Fine. Stay ‘ere and knit sweaters, while I go out ‘here and do your job."

She glared at him for a while and he answered her by glaring right back at her.

"Fine!" she said finally taking the loaded gun from him.

"Fine!" he repeated and grabbed two long knifes, sticking them in his boots and handing her one.

"But if a die it’s all your fault." She said walking away.

He stared after her watching her go out the door. "Always is." he whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marcus: Where the cup holders?

Mike: I ain't got none.

Marcus: What do you mean you don't have no cup holders? 80,000 dollars for this car and you don't got any cup holders.

Mike: It is $105,000 and this happens to be one the fastest production cars ever made its a limited edition.

Marcus: Damn right its limited, no cup holders, no back seat, it's just a shiny dick with two chairs in it, I guess the balls just drag the fuck along.

BAD BOYS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah
This time I'm 'a let it all come out
This time I'm 'a stand up and shout
I'm 'a do things my way
It's my way
My way, or the highway

"So what type of car is this exactly?" She asked him as they got into his Valken.

"Valken, 2065, a classic, special modifications for my type of work," he said backing up from the four-car garage.

"A classic with modifications?" she asked skeptically. "I thought the DeSoto with blacked out windows was your idea of a classics with modifications."

He smirked at her.

"Glad that you’ve got your dashing sense of humor back." He said dryly.

"All I am saying is that is better than that black taxi you used to drive."

"Hey! That was my baby, pet. You mess with everything but that black beauty." He said taking a corner.

"Whatever, Fabio." She replied enjoying their usual banter.

"Fabio? Are you seriously stoned?" he asked arching his brow.

"Yeah, with the hair thing you have going." She said pointing to his ponytail.

His hand instantly went up to his hair.

"What’s wrong with this look?" he asked confused.

"Oh nothing…..but then again, you have no reflection." She said smiling sweetly.

She smiled at him, it took him a moment to register that. She was having a conversation with him that didn’t include business or history. He couldn’t help but smile back.

"Yeah, I guess I don’t," he said looking at her one last time and then keeping his eyes on the road.

She was taken off guard with his reaction, she had expected, almost wanted an argument. Instead he had smiled and agreed with her.

A smile.

She got a funny feeling in her stomach when he did that and found that she much prefered the non-argument between them.

They drove in silence for a while, she looked out the window to see that the streets were pretty much deserted, as if the people knew that at this time it was business.

"So, Spike. Are you going to tell me how you came about with your fortune?" she asked trying to make conversation.

She saw him smile from the corner of her eye.

"Believe it or not, the council had billions. So they transferred it to me, since I am the standing institution." He said bringing the car to a halt in front of a little restaurant that was called "Paeya".

"Billions?" she asked in disbelief.

"Yep." He answered turning off the engine. "We’re here."

Buffy looked out her window, it looked like a family owned restaurant, but the windows were darkened so the movements inside were not seen.

"This is so Godfather," she commented.

Someday you'll see things my way
Cause you never know
Where, you never know
Where you're gonna go

"They don’t make them like they used to," he said getting off. She proceeded as two large, very large men, came out to greet them.

Spike went in front of her and transformed himself to all business. Buffy noted and came to the conclusion that whoever messed with this creature was a dead man-or demon.

"Vengo a ver a Chino." (I come to see Chino) Spike said to the men.

"Eres el Pacificador?" (Are you the Pacifier?) the larger man asked him.

Spike simply nodded.

The other man looked beyond Spike at Buffy, eyeing her up and down with an appreciative glint in his eyes.

"Y la Puta?" (And the Bitch?) he asked Spike.

Spike chuckled and then hardened and looked straight into the man’s eyes.

"La Matadora." (The Slayer) he said low and calm.

The man stiffened and obviously regretted his comment.

"Pasen." (Come in) they said without a second thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The restaurant was a small little thing that smelled wonderful Buffy noted and she now wished that this ‘meeting’ included dinner.

The entire establishment was empty, except for the middle of the room were an old man sat having his dinner. Seven guards stood behind him eyeing the couple angrily.

The old man didn’t even look up to acknowledge the presence of the two blondes. His eyes were small and oriental looking which hence given his street name, Chino.

The whole situation seemed surreal to Buffy who felt like she was in a Hollywood film. Going into a Mafia establishment to meet the head of the actual organization, with only a 35 mm in her pocked and a knife in her boot, with a creature she loathed, and to top it off they were going to pick a fight.

It’s been worst. She told herself.

"Chino." Spike greeted as they stood in front of the eating man.

The older man finally looked up and nodded.

"Have a seat, gringo." He said motioning to the single chair in front of him.

He eyed Buffy and nodded. "Slayer." He greeted.

Buffy was taken back with his ability to know that she was a slayer and then noticed that this man was not human but a half demon.

"She’s a fuckable little thing, not like the last one." He said calmly wiping his mouth with a cotton napkin.

Buffy redened and fumed at the dirty old…thing.

"You don’t want to mess with this one." Spike said taking out a cigarette and lighting it.

"Do I?" he asked smiling. "But that’s not why we’re here for, pana."(mate) He said getting straight to business.

He snapped his fingers and four very voluptuous beautiful women came out of a door.

One of them took his plate, the other his napkin, the other his drink and the other, younger one took the seat next to him.

The girl looked over at Spike and smiled.

Buffy noticed and for some reason really didn’t like the girl at the moment.

"So talk business." Spike said giving the brown eyed girl one last look and smiling at her.

Chino leaned back in his chair and smiled at Spike. It was a fake smile but the smile that causes you to shiver. "You came here tonight to kill me, amigo. But I am here to tell you that I had nothing to do with Tatiana’s murder. Not my turf. "

Spike imitated him and also leaned back. "Did you, now ?"

Just one more fight
And I'll be history
Yes I will straight up
Leave your shit
And you'll be the one who's left
Missing me

Chino continued with his fake smile. "You killed Jose Buendia, two nights ago, and that is simply unacceptable. I can’t have my men hiding in dark corners 'cause you feel they're terrorizing your block," he said taking a sip of his red wine.

"Unacceptable?" Spike laughed. "You know what I did to the last man who said that to me?"

There was silence in the room and the atmosphere was so thick it could be cut through with a knife.

Chino didn’t answer but the smile in his face disappeared as he stared at Spike icily.

Spike leaned forward and hissed at Chino. "I fucked his wife until she had to be buried in a y-shaped coffin."

Chino’s face got a sick shade of red, and the veins in his neck protruded into a frightening look.

Buffy swallowed nervously, it was a count to five when Chino’s men pulled out their guns and before Buffy knew what hit her Spike grabbed her by the waist and threw her on the ground covering her body with his. Then the gun shots came.

Buffy screamed as chaos broke out. Spike got up and dragged her behind a table, flipped it over and both of them hid behind the metal wall.

Spike pulled out his shotgun and started shooting at the other men over the table. Every time he fired Buffy covered her ears and screamed.

Yeah
This time I'm 'a let it all come out
This time I'm 'a stand up and shout

"A little help would be nice," he screamed at her above the noise.

"I am not killing anyone," she protested still screaming for dear life.

"It’s killed or get killed," he said after firing a shot and ducking.

"What’s the plan?" she asked taking out her gun and holding it to her chest like she had seen cops do it.

"Get in ‘ere, kill Chino, get out," he said reloading.

"That’s your plan?" she screamed in disbelief.

"It’s a plan ain’t it?" he asked and firing a shot.

Buffy lifted her head to look at the scene but a bullet was intended for her head and would have blown it away if Spike hadn’t pushed her head back down.

"Get Down!!" he screamed at her, her face landed right were his crotch was at. Her eyes bugged out and looked back up at him and rose.

"No!" she answered him.

"Why the bloody hell not?" he asked shooting his gun.

"You’ll take advantage of me!!" she screamed indignified.

He crouched down next to her until her face was inches away from his. Out of no where he reached out with his empty hand and crushed his mouth against hers.

Buffy froze as she realized what he was doing.

Before she could protest he pulled back and looked at her. "Now I’ve taken advantage of you."

He said and went back to his ‘gunfight’.

I'm 'a do things my way
It's my way
My way, or the highway

Buffy stared at him in complete wonder.

He had kissed her!

Before she could think of the complications he grabbed her gun and threw her Rubio and started emptying the barrel on the other men.

When he emptied it, he grabbed her in a hug and threw both himself and her out the restaurant window.

She screamed as she felt the glass break behind him, and they landed on the thump in the floor, her on top of Spike.

"Up!!" he screamed. She scurried off him as the two men in the entrance started to pull out their guns. Before they could Buffy leashed out and kicked one in the gut and punched the other, knocking him clear to the floor.

"Bitch my ass." She hissed and the two men hollowed in pain from the slayer strength.

Spike came behind her and practically pushed her in the car.

The moment she was in the car about five men came out from the restaurant shooting their guns at them.

"Bloody Hell!" Spike screamed as a bullet hit his back.

He jumped in the car in seconds it was on and sped off.

Someday you'll see things my way
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chino stared after the black car.

"Go get them." He hissed at his men.

The men scurried off and ran to the back of the restaurant, all jumping on the on the red Hondas CRX that were lined up.

Seven full speed motorcycles raced after the black car into the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cause you never know
Where, you never know
Where you're gonna go

"I’ve been alive for less than 36 hours and I’ve been hit, shot at, thrown through windows, mentally raped, and insulted, not to mention taken advantage of." Buffy hised to the man next to her. "Tell me, is this your idea of a good time?"

Spike took a sharp corner still racing in the road.

"Why, Slayer? Having fun?" he asked.

"Why the hell are you speeding for?" she cried as they almost hit a man walking on the road.

"Load the gun." He said shoving the shot gun at her. "Bullets are in the glove compartment."

Her shaking hand opened the glove compartment and took out the box full of metal, she rapidly loaded the gun the best way she knew how.

"Why…."

"Behind us." He said and she looked at the side door mirror to witness the seven bikes speeding after them.

"Oh God." She whispered.

"Take the wheel." He said grabbing the loaded gun from her.

"What!!??" she screamed in horror.

"Take the fucking wheel." He cried as he pulled down his window.

She reacted by placing her inexperienced hands on the hard leather as he took half his torso and pulled it out the window.

She was horrified, she didn’t know how to drive.

She heard him firing his gun at the bikes and jumped at the sound accidentally placing her hand on a green button by the gear stick.

"Opps!" she said.

The car instantly felt like it dropped something.

Spike saw as the three grenades were thrown from the back lights of his car and grinned at the men.

The grenades exploded and took out two of the bikes, leaving them with five.

"What did I do?" she asked horrified.

He got inside the car and took the wheel form her. Shoving the weapon to her arms.

He just smiled. "Watch this." He said as he pulled a mini lever at the side of his door.

"Watch what??" she cried but then the car raced forward gaining tremendous speed.

"Nitro." He said as the speed went from 95 mph to 120 mph.

"You’re going over the speed limit!!" she cried as they took a sharp turn.

"We are the law."

"Then why the hell are we running." She asked loading her own 35 mm.

"We’re not running , we’re just being chased." He said smirking.

She groaned and pulled down her own window.

"What the hell are you doing?" he cried.

"Slaying." She answered as she fired her weapon to the bikers, hitting the wheel of one and sending it flying through the air. "Four to go."

Spike reached out and grabbed her ass sending her inside the car in shock at his gesture.

"Stay in," he hissed as he took a couple of turns that ended in a straight rocky road out towards the country.

The bikes started approaching and the bullets started hitting the car.

"Bloody hell!" Spike cried as the bullets damaged his car.

"Faster, we must go faster." She said looking behind her at the gaining bikes.

"I would go faster if I had a jeep, but we have a bloody race car, hardly appropriate for a day out in the country," he said sarcastically.

Then the bikes cornered them on all fours as the bikes were better for driving in the grass.

He looked ahead and groaned, he knew what he had to do.

He put the car in automatic and pressed a button making the roof of the car retrieve, making it into a convertible.

"What the hell are you doing?" she cried as the men in the bikes started pulling out their guns.

"Get on my lap!" he screamed.

Cause you never know
Where, you never know
Where you're gonna go

She looked at him like he lost his mind.

"What!!??"

"Get on my bleedin’ lap!" he hissed.

Without thinking she jumped over and on top of him, he snaked his arms around and pressed the red button by the wheel.

"Hold on to yer knickers!" He screamed.

She wrapped her legs tight around his waist and looked at him in horror as the car approached a very large cliff.

That very second the entire driver's seat pulled out of the car in jet speed into the air.

She screamed to the top of her lungs as they flew off the car the moment it jumped off the cliff along with the other bikers who followed it.

She tightened her arms around Spike as they grabbed on to each other for dear life.

The seat started descending at full speed. She felt like it was the end, as if any moment they were going to hit rock bottom.

Spike knew the moment he had to pull the shut and did.

She screamed again when he pulled the opening parachute, balancing their speed as they eased down to the sea.

It's my way
My way, or the highway

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The hot water felt incredible against her, bubbling in essence through her golden skin. She just stood underneath the water spray made out of pure gold. The cold marble under her feet was slippery yet reassuring. She reached down and turned the water off, and stepping out in to the luxurious bathroom.

Her thick soft bathrobe lay waiting for her and she ached for its warmth. After swimming for almost half an hour, she was not only exhausted but almost is frozen in the lake water that Spike had plunged his car into.

She had literally crawled to shore, and Spike even with a bullet in his ass was still her strength.

She had laughed hysterically when he told her were exactly where the bullet had hit him, but he silenced her by reminding her that she had to retrieve it.

That made her lose her balance and sent her body in shivers.

Spike' s ass, ass of Spike. Much more complicated than lips.

She was dreading the moment, and didn't understood why they couldn't go to the hospital, he reminded her that they were leaving the next day, the hospital would like him to stay overnight.

She didn't complain. A part of her wanted it. A part of her dreaded it.

After she finished combing through her wet hair she walked silently to his room were she knew he would be waiting.

She stood before the door and gulped.

Spike's Ass.Oh God! She dreaded as she silently entered the room.

She turned the corner of the humungous room until she came to his bed.

She froze in her position willing her body not to turn and run.

He was lying naked on his stomach, with only a thin white sheet covering half his naked body. His head was resting on the side with his eyes closed, his arms propping his sleeping head.

A tray of utensils lay beside him by his chest, the things she needed to retrieve the object.

She had taken out bullets before, but this was in his butt. And she was alone with him.

This could very well complicate things.

"Usually take 'em out m'self but I think I've never got shot there 'fore," he said opening his eyes and looking at her.

But she was too busy looking over every curve of his 'oh so perfect body'. He was lean and tremendously well muscled.

She came to the conclusion that his back was the most amazing thing she'd ever seen and for a moment she caught herself wanting to roam his planes all day.

"Slayer? This is not the time to be checking me out, I've got a friggin bullet in my arse." he snorted.

She visibly paled. She needed to stop these uncomfortable encounters or they were going to lead her to a path of serious temptation.

"Perhaps you should avoid getting shot! Try killing demons, they never aim for your ass," she quickly retorted.

"Just get on with it, will ya?" he asked closing his eyes once again.

She took a deep breath and sat in the corner of the bed with his ass staring and mocking her underneath the white sheet.

"Ok, so how to I do this?" she asked.

He gently lifted his head to look at the tray. "First numb the area," he instructed pointing to the sharp long needle on the tray.

She gulped. She hated needles.

"Can't we just put ice on it or something?" She asked hopefully.

He glared at her. "Have you ever had a bullet pulled form you?"

Her eyes went wide. "No."

"It hurts like a mother, even with the shot it still hurts. So I need somethin', not gonna get drunk for a bullet," he stated.

"Right, ok, I can do this," she said as she slowly took the large needle in her hand and then looked down at his ass.

Never in a million years did I think I'll be giving Spike a shot on the ass. She thought as she slowly reached out and pulled the sheet back.

"Now inject directly were the bullet entered," he said s through clenched teeth laying his head back down.

She knew this had got to hurt, immediately thank her lucky stars that it wasn't her.

She took a second to study his ass. It was nice. Very nice. More like perfect. Not too big, but firm and tight. rounded and perky.

The bullet entrance was covered with a thin gauze that showed sipping blood though it on his left butt cheek.

"Wipe the area first," he said quietly.

She nodded and placed down the needle, ripping an alcohol pad and opening it.

She gently pulled back the blood-soaked gauze to reveal the actual wound.

It was small but deep and she didn't know how far she'll have to dig before extracting it out.

"This might sting," she whispered as she gently wiped the area clean of the blood.

He winced as the alcohol came in contact with his broken skin but said no more. After it was clean she lifted the needle once again and tried to remember how it was that nurses gave shots.

"OK, sorry," she whispered as she uncapped the needle and held her breath.

Without warning she poked him right were the hole was at, penetrating his already bloody skin and draining the contents inside him.

Spike jumped and hissed when she poked him. The part he most hated about the whole thing was the needle part. Those things hurt, but by far the poking in the ass hurt the most.

"Sorry." she whispered again.

He didn't say anything. Not only was he exhausted but he was concentrating on how gentle her hands were being and how concerned she was about hurting him any further.

She pulled the needle out and wiped the blood once again with another pad.

"Ok, now check to make sure the area is numb," he said opening his eyes again.

She nodded and gently tapped his rear. OK, now I am spanking Spike's ass. She thought.

"Feel this?" she asked looking at his face as she put pressure on the bullet hole.

"It eases the pain, but it doesn't go 'way." he replied closing his eyes again. "Now take the scalpel and make a cross incision on the hole so you can pull the bullet out.

She gulped back her nausea and nodded.

Lifting the sharp looking scalpel she brought it down to his skin and gently sliced him in a cross shaped laceration.

He tried to remain as still as possible he didn't want his ass to look like a quilted pattern.

She was trembling, this was not in the job description, she so didn't want to become intimate with Spike's ass at this time or ever.

"Done." she breathed out in relief.

"Ok now is the hard part. Take the long tweezer and clamp down on one of the skin folds, with the shorter twisted tweezer search and pull the bullet out," he said with his head still resting and his eyes closed.

"Clamp?!" she asked in horror.

"Yes, where's your bloody spine, slayer, you're tougher than this! I am the splittin' open 'ere." he hissed.

His ass was hurting like a bitch and all he wanted to was to sleep it off.

"Ok, clamp, right. I'll clamp and...dig." She said taking both tweezer in hand and braced herself, she was seeing way more of Spike than what she ever wanted to.

Between Buffy almost fainting and Spike squirming in pain she managed to retrieve the almost half inch bullet.

He had loudly groaned in the last pull and fell asleep with exhaustion.

Buffy studied his sleeping form. She had never seen him sleeping and he looked peaceful, but still the lines of worry were still in his face, he looked a bit aged. She mentally smacked herself for thinking of an aged vampire, but somehow he had.

She patched him back up and cleaned his wound carefully not to wake him from peaceful sleep.

With care she pulled the sheet over him and left him to sleep. Tomorrow was an even longer day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Sarah? I’m just not used to having whether I stay or whether I go matta to anybody. I’m not saying it should matta to you. I’m just saying, well, does it? Matta?"

NEWSIES

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next in the Series - The World Below



Back to Fanfiction