Yellow Skies

By:Isis

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters, or anything related to, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Joss Whedon and ME do.

Rated: R

***This last chapter brings with it my final thank you to MadRog.

Thank you for your ideas, and time spent going over my chapters. I'm glad you happened along and became a friend. This story may have ended long before now, if it weren't for you. It's been a lot of fun!

***A.N.-. I guess things have turned a bit fluffy, especially with the last couple chapters. Sorry, for those of you who don't like that, but I do. I need it right now:)

This is my first fic, as I have stated, and I'm sure I have a lot to work on. It would be nice to hear more from the readers. There is no way I can please everyone, but I will take whatever you say into consideration. This is the last chapter, so please let me know what you think. Your words mean a lot to me!

Reviews: Thanks to all that have reviewed and followed this story. It was for you, after all, and I hope it was worth the time you spent reading it.

Email: isis_fanfic@hotmail.com

*******************************************************************

The NC-17 parts of this chapter have been deleted. If you would like to read the original chapter, please go to www.sunnydale-tales.com and click on my name.

*******************************************************************

Chapter 11

A Whole New World

A knock on the door brought Buffy out of her deep sleep. Her eyes fluttered, trying to adjust to her surroundings. Bed... closed curtains...curtains closed because of hot vampire in bed?... oh yeah. Buffy smiled down at Spike's tousled hair and used one of her fingers to trace along the outline of his abs. Visions of what had happened sparked in her memory. Why the hell did morning have to come so fast? And why wouldn't the persistent knocker catch a clue that obviously she didn't want to leave the snuggly, warm blanket, or the cool body that was sprawled out beside her?

Buffy mumbled as she made her way toward the door. "Alright already," she said as she opened the door. She hushed Willow as she went into the hall, closing the door behind her.

Willow rolled her eyes. "Gees, it's like trying to wake the dead."

"Is that rhetorical? Cause dead guy is still asleep." Buffy quipped.

"Guess you wore him out, huh?" Willow mused.

"Maybe." Buffy gave an innocent shrug. "How did it go at the movies?"

"Oh, it was fun, in a Dawn did ask like every five minutes what we thought you and Spike were up to, kinda way. We ended up spending like fifteen bucks on candy and popcorn to shut her up."

Buffy chuckled along with her friend. "Yeah, well, she was either sincerely curious, or figured that was a way to get some junk food," Buffy said.

"I'm guessing both, knowing her. She ended up spotting one of her classmates and sat with her half way through the movie."

"Thanks for taking her out. She loves spending time with you and Tara," Buffy said as she followed her friend downstairs.

"No, prob. Figured some of us had better things to do than sleep." Willow winked.

"Speaking of time and togetherness, Tara and I have decided to leave early. As in right away."

"Yeah, what time is it? Thought you looked a little peppy for it to be too early."

Willow looked at her watch. "Eight A.M."

A look of panic washed over Buffy's face. "Shit. Work! They must wonder where I am." Buffy started to panic. "I've probably lost my job. I mean, I ran off in the middle of a shift with Riley, and they said if I ever did that again, they would fire me. And...and...I've been gone all weekend, without calling in."

"Buffy, Buffy, calm down. It's ok. I called them yesterday and told them you have been in the hospital. They said they'd called this morning to see how you are doing."

Just then the phone rang. Buffy rolled her eyes and her shoulders dropped. "Can I still be in the hospital?" she pleaded.

The phone rang again. Buffy sighed and then answered it. It was in fact work, and seeing she was home, they asked her to come in at ten. Knowing her bills wouldn't go away on their own, she said yes.

"Going in, huh?" asked Willow. Tara came into the kitchen and poured some orange juice for Buffy.

She thanked Tara and then answered Willow. "Yeah, gotta do what I gotta do."

Tara smiled her sweet smile, softly touching her lover's hair. "Did you tell her we are leaving early?"

"Yes." Willow's eyes shone with anticipation. They had been looking forward to the quiet time together, as in no school, no researchy stuff. "We are going to do a little window shopping around the town we are staying in, before heading over to the B&B."

"Is Dawn at school?" asked Buffy.

"No, she wouldn't get up this morning. Guess we shouldn't have taken her out so late on a school night."

"It's ok. You two have fun. Just promise to call sometime tonight so I know you are alright," Buffy said, then hugged them both.

"Promise," said both girls in unison.

After they left, Buffy decided she should go take a shower, but first she wanted to get back up to her bedroom and under the covers before Spike woke. This wasn't supposed to be another incident where he had to wake up alone.

Buffy crept up the stairs quietly and then opened the door, stealthily slipping through. His back was to her, but she could tell he was hugging her pillow. She stood still a moment, taking in the sight of him before slipping beneath the covers. Moving the pillow, she pushed up against him, so they were facing each other. Instinctively, probably due to his sense of smell realizing her scent had just become stronger, he wrapped his arm around her and pulled her closer.

"Spike," Buffy whispered against his neck. Why was she whispering? Not like the racket from a while ago woke him. But, she felt like waking him gently. Again she whispered, "Spike."

"Mmm...Luv," came his reply.For some reason, his name said gently against his neck woke him.

She tilted her head back so she could look up at him, just as his eyes slowly opened.

Startling her, he pushed up and used the arm below him to hold himself up."Buffy?" he said, obviously astonished she was in the bed with him. Or maybe he thought he was dreaming.

This was just one more reminder of just how crappy she had treated him in the past. Pushing that feeling of regret aside, cause hey, lots of make up time in the future, she gave him her biggest, brightest smile. His response to that was one of his own and she totally melted inside. This guy had to have the cutest everything. Everything about him that she hadn't noticed before was spilling out in front of her, and her mind couldn't fathom how she hadn't noticed them all before. More like ignored, she told herself. Sure, she knew he was hot. She soaked in all his hotness anytime she thought he wouldn't notice. But his cute, sweet ways were just now revealing themselves to her open eyes. Thinking back now, they were there before, but it wasn't till now that she believed in them.

"You're here," he said, attentively touching her face. Then that was it. Before the last syllable was out, he was pushing her onto her back and kissing her. Buffy felt tingles fly through her body, and hot desire pooled in her lower belly. She knew she had to get away now or things were only going to progress to a point that would make it impossible.

"Spike," she said. "I have to go to work."

He growled. "No, stay here with me, Buffy. I need you." He was working his hand up inside his shirt she was wearing, rubbing the skin just below her breasts.

"God, Spike, can you make this any harder?"

"I don't know, pet, if I get any harder than this, I may just burst from need."

Buffy playfully whacked him across the side of his head. "About having to get out of bed, I mean, silly. I have to go get ready for work, or I'll be late."

Spike finally stopped nibbling her ear and looked her in the eye. "You still work at that grease hell?" He felt some kind of shame for her having to work there, cause he wanted to provide for her. He studied her hands, as he held them against the bed above her head. They looked small and fragile, but he knew the strength they possessed. Felt it for himself, more than once. Yes, these hands were used to twist a stake through a heart of a demon, but he knew the first time it happened, they were made to touch him. To scratch him and rub him and to stroke his... he grinned with a devilish flare and then took one of her hands below the sheet.

Buffy pulled away, not wanting to start something she couldn't finish. "Spike," she said, her voice low with desire. She cupped his face. "I have to go. Believe me, I don't want to. Please don't think that, or that I don't want to be with you. God knows how many times I did that."

"God lost count before me, pet." Spike said teasingly, then started searching her over with his eyes and hands.

Buffy looked at him quizzically. "Spike, what are you doing?

"Looking for the conscience you grew over the last few days."

"Ok, that's it." Buffy jumped up, straddled him and started tickling the heck out of his ribs. Spike started roaring with laughter, which in turn got Buffy giggling. She loved his laugh, so seldom heard in the past when he was around her.

Spike didn't make much of an effort to get away, so she stopped. "I have to take a shower and get out of here. I'll be back around nine tonight. I have to work some extra hours." Buffy got up, ignoring his puppy eyes the best she could. Looking through her closet, she pulled out her uniform. "Dawn is still in bed. Why don't you catch some more sleep, then later she will probably wake you up for one of her cereal experiments. Believe me, you don't wanna miss it."

"You're forgetting all the time I spent with her while you were..." Spike trailed off, not wanting to remember the agony he felt at that time. "I've been Dawn's guinea pig in the past, pet. I've been subjected to teen movies, boy bands, numerous hair products and the wanting of endless opinions on the latest trends."

"Good, then you can deal." She went over and kissed him, letting herself linger to absorb enough of the feeling to hold her over till she got back. "I love you." She hugged him, then headed for the bathroom.

Spike lay there a while, listening to the sound of the shower and thinking about how great it felt to have slept beside her all night, in her bed.

****

Spike woke up about two hours later, the smell of bacon drifting up from the kitchen. He figured the 'not so little one' was up and had decided to forgo the simple task of pouring cereal. In the time he had spent here with Dawn in the past, he had given her a few basic cooking lessons. Plus, she had informed him that Willow had done the same thing once in a while, whenever she was in the mood, or feeling sorry about something.

Spike got up and pulled on his jeans. Now where was his damn shirt? After retrieving it from half way underneath the bed, he went down to see Dawn.

"Hey, sleepyhead," Dawn cheerfully called to him as he walked in, her eyes all shiny.

"Morning, school skipper." Spike said as he messed up her hair with one hand, grabbing an English muffin with the other.

"Hey, hold on. Let me get the rest before you start chowing down on that. *And* I am not a school skipper," she said as she pointed a spatula at him, bits of eggs falling to the floor. "I went out just so you could be alone with Buffy, remember? I didn't get in till one this morning."

Spike sat at the island, sipping some of the blood he had brought with him, until Dawn served him his plate of food. She pulled a seat up beside him.

Dawn grabbed the salt for her eggs. "So, what did you two do?"

Spike made a "humph" sound.

Dawn knew it was useless. Plus, she really didn't want any details. "Buffy left me a note saying you were here and that she would be back tonight after work. Are you staying?"

"Yes. Afraid you are stuck with me for the time being, Bit."

Spike shoveled his food in into his mouth, trying to make it so that he didn't have time to sit like a grinning fool, but he knew Dawn saw that he was in an extra good mood this morning.

"So what do you want to do today?" Dawn asked, before getting up to clear her dishes. Spike took his last bite and brought his dish to the sink.

"Well, I thought you should get caught up on your homework. Also, we could do some laundry and some other chores to help your sister out. I just wish I could do something nice with her. Take her somewhere tonight, or something."

They both stood in silence for a long time, lost in thought. Finally, Dawn thought of something. "Spike!" she said with an excited voice, turning around suddenly.

Spike jumped. "Bloody hell!"

Dawn laughed. "I just thought of something. My grandmother, on my dad's side, has a big beach house she hardly ever uses. I just talked to her last weekend, and she said she was going to Europe for a couple of weeks. Why don't you take her there?"

"But she isn't around to ask if it's ok."

Dawn rolled her eyes. "My grandmother doesn't really like us. She didn't want my dad to marry my mom, so she pretty much cut ties with him after he did. Then once my mom died, she started talking to my dad more, I guess. She only called here to see if I had heard from my dad, because she hadn't been able to get in contact with him to tell him she would be back in a couple of weeks." Dawn played with a pen that was on the counter. "Not like I hear from him much, so I don't know what makes her think I'd know his whereabouts." Dawn looked up at Spike, her enthusiasm returning. "Anyway, my dad would bring Buffy and I there for a family get together every summer when we were really young. Course, it's not like anyone talked to us, but it was fun just playing at the beach and stuff."

Dawn walked off and started rummaging through a draw. She held up a key. "Here it is. Dad left it behind when he moved out. He received it before getting married, and I guess my grandmother just forgot to ask for it back." Dawn walked over and handed it to him.

Spike studied the key, lost in thought once again. He barely noticed Dawn leave the room with the phone.

She came back in smiling. "I just called Xander. He said I can stay the night there tonight. So now you have no excuse."

Spike liked this idea. He rubbed his hand once over the wad of money in his back pocket. He knew it must have been more than luck when he found it on the floor of the hospital bathroom. Wasn't a whole lot, but a heck of a lot more than he usually had.

"Go get an overnight bag ready for Buffy, then bring it to her and tell her I'll pick her up after her shift. Also, bring her something to get changed into." He touched her shoulder. "If you don't mind."

Dawn bounced away, happy to help in Spike's dating plans.

****

Buffy took a man's order and then found Dawn to be the next standing in line, a shit eating grin on her face. "Dawn. What are you doing here? Is Spike ok?" She knew that was a stupid question, seeing if that was so, Dawn wouldn't look so happy.

"Spike's fine. Here." She handed Buffy a bag.

"What's this?"

"All the essentials of going on an over-night date with Spike."

"Huh?" Buffy asked. "What date?"

"The one that you are going on tonight. Spike is picking you up here after your shift. So here," she said, handing Buffy another small bag. "Put these on and be ready."

"Where are we going? And where are you going to be?"

"Beats me," she lied. "I'll be at Xander's. Bye! Have fun!" her sister called, skipping off.

****

Buffy stood outside the door of the Double Meat Palace, looking at her watch for the umpteenth time. She had gotten out a little earlier than expected, so at least she was ready.

Pacing, she ended up near the alley she and Spike had had sex in during one of her breaks. She tried to block out the memory... Spike's eyes searching for hers, but she had kept her head to the side, unwilling to let him see that she wanted more. Wanted him to think this back alley sex was fine, and all she wanted. Made like love wasn't nipping at her heart and scolding her for using him the way she was.

Buffy closed her eyes briefly, then walked back to wait by the door. She let the bad feelings fall from her. Now it is different, she reminded herself. A warm smile spread across her face as she saw Spike pull up on his bike. This could be fun.

Buffy heard the door open behind her, and the voice of one of her female work-mates asked, "Who's the hot guy?"

Buffy never looked at her, couldn't take her eyes off of Spike. "My boyfriend." It felt funny to say that. Not because she had just labeled him as that, but rather because he felt like so much more. He was her friend, and he had gone through so much with her. It's not like they had just met last weekend at the Bronze over a drink and a dance.

Buffy threw the bag onto the back of the bike, kissed him, then crawled on behind him, wrapping her body up against his.

"You ready, Luv?" asked Spike.

Buffy replied by hugging him tighter and saying, "Mmmm hmmm."

Off they went and Buffy felt wonderfully happy. To know she was his girl and to act like it gave her a feeling of weightlessness.

After about an hour of driving, they came into a small town. Spike pulled into a restaurant's parking lot. "Hungry, sweetie?"

Buffy got off the bike and took his hand. First time he had called her that, she thought to herself. "I must look a mess."

Spike pulled her inside, out of the chilly night air. "That, I'm afraid, is impossible."

A waitress brought them to a booth; the couple sat facing each other, but looked around at their surroundings. The place was quite cozy and quaint, nothing fancy and not a hole in the wall either.

"This town seems familiar. I think it's where we used to have our family reunions when I was little? I'm pretty sure it is. Is it Mayfield?" Buffy asked, grabbing a menu.

"That it is," Spike said looking over his menu, his grin hidden below it.

The waitress came with their drinks and took their orders. After that Buffy realized she didn't have much cash on her. "Shit. Spike, I don't have money on me. Maybe there is an ATM around-"

Spike grabbed her hand and held it. "It's ok. I have some."

Buffy narrowed her eyes at him. "You? Great, do I even want to know how?"

"You shouldn't have to ask. Just trust me."

That was something highly unusual for her nature, but seeing that he had changed so much, she figured she could. She shook her head slightly, and watched his thumb methodically rubbing over the top of her fingers.

They ate their food while they had some light- hearted banter- heck, even making inside jokes like a regular couple.

"I'm stuffed." Buffy said, pushing her plate away. "Another bite and I'm going to have to undo my pants."

"Sorry, but I can't take that as a threat. I rather it be a promise."

Buffy stood up. "Don't tempt me."

Spike followed suit. "No, don't tempt me, pet. Though I do think you may want to wait till we are out of the public eye and to our destination." He helped her get her jacket on. "Just a short while; don't worry."

"Good, cause my butt is getting sore, all though I don't mind having an excuse to be so close to you."

"No need for excuses any longer, remember?" Spike grabbed her hand once more as they walked out. A simple thing, holding hands, yet it was something new for them. "And this is an easy ride compared to what's to come," Spike said, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

Buffy let go of his hand and cuffed his arm. Spike staggered to the side, grabbing his arm like she had hurt him, causing Buffy to giggle. She then pinched his butt and ran toward the bike. Spike laughed and took off after her, twirling her in the air once he caught up. Buffy yelped and then laughed, meanwhile ordering him to put her down. Once done, Spike moved in, determined to get another taste of her lips before getting back on the bike. He pushed her up against it; she held her hand against his chest, but let him have his way. The kiss grew more and more sensual, and their bodies responded. "Sp-ike, going ta...umm... tiiip... ovber thaa...mmm...Spi-"Buffy said around Spike's lips. She pushed him away and wrinkled her nose up at him. "Second time today you've gotten me wet and can't do anything about it." She looked down, a bit shy at her statement.

"Oh, you know right well I can do something about it." He pressed himself into her once more, breathing into her ear, then kissed just underneath it, gently.

Buffy closed her eyes, taking in the feeling that her strong legs were now nothing but sticks of jello. She felt his fingers surveying the crotch of her thin pants, navigating around the zipper, then gently pushing into the place that was aching for him.

Spike could feel that she was in fact ready for him, and he growled with anticipation.

Buffy decided she needed to be strong for both of them, giving him another push away. "Spike," she said, scolding him with a pointed finger. "Listen, Mister."

Spike gave in without too much fuss, but only because he knew he would have her in a short while. Her hand wrapped around him as he sped off, the smell of her perfume and natural odor intoxicating his brain.

A light rain started, dampening their hair and clothes. Spike assured her that they were almost there, and once he turned onto a certain desolate road, Buffy exclaimed that she knew just where he was taking her. The little way they drove gave Spike time to explain how it all worked out.

Buffy shivered, not knowing if it was from the chilly rain, excitement or the thought of her mean grandmother finding out. She hugged Spike closer as he slowly approached the huge, old house that was silhouetted against the backdrop of a moonlit sky. Even though a bit of the paint had begun to peel, due to the salty air and wind, it still looked as mysterious and majestic as ever.

The rain was now coming down harder, and they scrambled to get their stuff. "Spike, we don't have a key!" Buffy said over the wind that was picking up. She had forgotten how fast storms could move in on the coast.

Spike put his arm around her back and pushed her along beside him. "Dawn gave one to me," he assured her.

Once in, they both dropped their stuff to the floor beside them and sighed, before looking around the dimly lit interior. After turning on a small table lamp, Buffy looked at Spike's wet form lingering in the shadows. "Come on," she whispered, taking his hand and leading him into the den. "For some reason, I kinda still remember my way around this place. Vaguely, but enough to know where the master bedroom is." She turned and winked at him while still walking.

They both stopped to study their surroundings once in a while, on the way to the second floor. Old photographs, wall hangings and antique furniture were everywhere. The staircase had a slight curve to it. Buffy remembered that when she was little, she used to pretend she was walking down them in a beautiful dress, while her date stood waiting at the bottom.

They could no longer see by the light from the downstairs lamp, but the huge windows that were at the top of the stairs let in enough moonlight to act as a guide. Buffy brought Spike into the last door of the hallway, and then ran to jump onto the bed. It was just as grand as she had remembered it. A huge four-poster canopy bed, with silk sheets and a deep plum colored velvet bedspread that matched the canopy. Delicate lace curtains hung from the canopy, but were tied back to the posts. Silk embroidered pillows rose in a heap at the headboard. Matching velvet curtains fell graciously from the ceiling to floor windows and hand-woven rugs decorated the floor.

Buffy raced over to the old claw-foot tub she had always wanted to take a bath in. She ran her fingers along the porcelain rim. The windows jutted out so that when in the tub, you felt you could fall right out and down onto the beach. The scenery was breathtaking from this spot. The moon was high and bright, causing a path of light to fall onto the choppy sea. Waves were crashing onto the shore, and the rain was now riveting down the glass panels.

Spike stood behind her, watching also, but enjoying watching her even more so. Finally he had her hands on her, but she danced away once more, stopping by the fireplace. "Best part, my dear, a fireplace. Isn't that cool?"

Spike smiled. He had to. She was like a kid, and he was loving it. No stressed out, business like slayer; no lugubrious attitude. Yup, this was the girl he knew existed in that pretty little shell, and he was having fun the last couple of days getting to finally see her shine.

She was looking at him now, a bit of a pout lip and pleading in her eyes. She wrapped her arms around herself. "Will you make us a fire? I'll go get our stuff, if you do."

"Anything you want," he answered, hoping he could get her out of those wet clothes so she wouldn't catch a cold. He smirked, thinking he could fool himself into believing that was the first reason that had popped into his head.

The wood was very dry, so it caught fire quickly, and Buffy came back in happy to have the warmth already spreading into the room. She watched as Spike poked at the wood and then looked to see what Dawn had put in her bag.

Opening it up, she pulled out a little pouch and peeked inside. Good- a razor and shaving cream, toothbrush, toothpaste, hair stuff. She pulled out the outfit for tomorrow that Dawn had picked out, then laughed lightly at the rest: a CD of slow songs, the long silky night gown that Dawn had talked Buffy into buying for herself; said the Sushi pj's were wearing out, and she never knew when she may need something pretty. 'What's this? Oh good, bubble bath, Dawn must remember the big tub also,' she thought to herself. 'Huh? What the..." She pulled out a couple of silk scarves. 'Oh God, what is this girl thinking?' Last, she pulled out a note that read:

My happy, in love sister (bout time),
Hope I remembered everything you could need. I didn't want to pack too much, seeing you were on the bike and would be back by tomorrow night.
I hope you and Spike have fun just relaxing, being able to talk and whatever else it is you two do. (evil grin)
I love you! See you tomorrow
Dawn

P.S. Don't forget to take the ties off the bed-posts (or where ever you use them) or else grandma will know someone was there. (snicker) I don't think she is into that sort of thing herself- dead giveaway.

Buffy put everything on the top of an old dresser while thinking out loud. "We really need to get Dawn some kind of...activity to get into...cause those raging teenage hormones. I think she knows more than I want to realize, you know, about sex."

Spike put the poker back and walked toward her. "It's normal. As long as we set a good example..."he trailed off after seeing the look on her face.

"Me? You? Oh, there's a prime example."

Spike took her in his arms. "Exactly. She sees that we love each other. She knows what we overcame to be with each other. Don't look at the labels; that's what we are, not who."

Buffy thought for a moment. "You're right." She looked up at his damp, curly hair and touched it, moving her hand down to his cheek. "Thank you for bringing me here."

Spike put his hand around her waist and brought her in closer. "It's my pleasure." He made a sexy sound, like he just thought of something a little naughty. "Or at least it will be once I get these damp clothes off of you." He watched the flames that were reflected in her green eyes, wondered if her internal flame was as hot as his at the moment.

They stood like that for quite some time, lost in each other's eyes. It was as if they were connected somehow, thinking on the same level. No words were needed at the moment. Maybe because some would be lost, unable to communicate to the brain what the heart was feeling. No, instead they let their hearts finally talk.

Buffy never took her eyes off his as she placed a hand over his heart. The fact that she felt no heartbeat didn't bother her. She knew Spike was more alive than most people she knew, and that his heart truly did still feel.

Spike wanted Buffy, bad. Wanted her so bad he was shaking from need and suspense. But this was different. The mood had been set, with the soft rain rhythmically hitting the roof and her trusting eyes holding him in place.

Spike reached into his pocket, never taking his eyes off of her. Buffy, however, was curious and watched to see what possibly could have turned his thoughts away from the moment, to whatever he was searching for. Finally, he pulled out his hand and held up a ring between his thumb and pointer finger.

Buffy gazed at the ring admiringly, then looked back up at Spike, his eyes still locked on her face. His voice was soft. "This is pretty much all I have left of my former life. My great-grandmother gave it to me, right off her finger. Told me it was for the lady I would someday fall in love with."

Buffy nearly fell over when Spike got down on one knee. He took her left hand in his empty hand. "Buffy, I've never felt for anyone, what I feel for you." Spike gave a sweet smile, then went back to his serious side. "If you'll accept this, I promise to always be with you, fighting by your side, protecting you..." he paused and gave a wink. "...and to always follow you around making moon-eyes."

Buffy gave a small laugh, but was too overwhelmed by what was happening to do or say much else.

"Buffy, I'm in love with you, and I swear, not a day goes by that I feel it any less. Be with me. Be with me always. Please, say you'll be mine."

"Yes," Buffy said, then let him place the ring on her finger.

He stood up, and used one of his hands to softly touch her hair before leaning in to kiss her gently. Her soft moan made him kiss her a little more passionately, but he still kept it slow and sensual.

They pulled off each other's clothes; hands exploring whatever was newly exposed with each item that was removed. Still standing, Spike held onto Buffy's upper arms as he pulled her in to start kissing her once again. He wanted this to last, not be rushed. Too many times it had been like that. No, this time he was going to take her somewhere they hadn't been together, yet.

****

When it was over Spike fell against her, then moved onto his side. As they waited for their breathing to return to normal, they basked in the feelings that are shared after two people make love.

Spike kissed her forehead, then her lips. "I love you, Buffy."

"I love you too, Spike." Buffy sat up, eyeing the tub.

Spike noticed and smiled. "Care for me to draw you a bath, me lady?"

"Only if you will come in, too," she said, sprawling out beside him again. Her head found the little nook it liked to rest in, while her hand sought out his.

Spike thought a moment, his mind screeching to a halt at the thought of Buffy all wet with bubbles playing against her skin. Then he looked over at the bed at the ties and her sexy nighty.

Spike leaned into her, his voice becoming a little predatory sounding. "Only if later I get to show you how truly bad I can really be."

Buffy's body was still against him, and he felt a shiver run though it. As he got up to go turn the bathwater on, Spike smiled, thinking of what he was going to do to her.

"Hey, Spike?" she called. "I thought you said fate has a way of mucking up promises."

Spike turned, grinning. "Yeah, well, got to thinking, Luv, I can bend fate to my will. 'Cause I mean, hello, noble vampire here, how often does fate *let* that happen?"

Buffy laughed and rolled her eyes. "Only when the vamp is chipped and pussy-whipped at the same time."

"Hey!" was Spike's retort. "You're going to get it girl-"

Buffy squealed and ran for the bed. So much for that bath.

****

Buffy woke up and peered around. The sun wasn't up yet, but she could tell it was very early morning. Spike's chest was up against her back, his arm still firmly around her waist, hand tucked between her side and the bed. She could feel him softly breathing on the back of her head, murmuring something from a dream, she supposed.

Unable to go back to sleep, she thought about the previous hours that had led up to them falling exhausted into each other's arms. How much fun it had been. The sweet love, the wild love, the playful love, all in one night. She had the ring, the sore muscles and smile on her face to prove it.

Buffy's stomach started to growl, and she realized she hadn't eaten in hours. She knew there was a bakery down the road because she had seen it on the way.

Rolling over, she kissed her lover softly on the lips. "Spike?"

Spike opened one eye and then closed it again, satisfied she was next to him, not giving a damn about anything else at the moment. He pulled her close and snuggled against her.

"Spike, I'm going to go for a little walk, and then I'll get some stuff down the road for breakfast. Coffee sound good? I won't be gone long." Buffy played with his hair, laughing to herself that he was pretty much back to sleep. His only response was a little nod.

Buffy kissed the top of his head. "Rest up, cause I'm not finished with you yet."

Spike opened one eye again to see if she was serious.

Buffy got up, threw on some clothes, and then washed up before heading out the door. The first rays of sun were coming up over the horizon, and she noticed last night's clouds were gone.

Walking a little faster now, she made her way to a big rock that she climbed on top of. 'Nothing like the sound of the ocean and brisk morning air to wake up to,' she thought as she let the salty air fill her lungs.

In little time, the sun peeked above the carpet of dark, blue water, and let its orange fingers spread. The few clouds that were left, reflected the orange, and the sky surrounding them became a brilliant yellow.

Buffy absentmindedly rubbed the back of her ring with her thumb. Her eyes now taking in the glorious sunrise searched the heavens. "Thank you, mom."

************************************************************************

The End

Please review!




Back

Back to Fanfiction