|Hulse : 1850 & 1892|
|1850-Hulse, township and small scattered village in the Northwich Hundred, comprises 295A. 2r. 38p. of land, and contains 9 houses and 53 inhabitants; population in 1801: 37; in 1831: 55; rateable value, £408.
The landowners in Hulse are RG Leycester Esq., Mr George Bagaley, Mr Thomas Dean, and the trustees of Warrington school. Harry Mainwaring, Esq., is lord of the manor.
Hulse is situated 3 and 1/2 miles E by S from Northwich, and formerly gave name to a family from which sprung the Hulses of Little Neston, Norbury, and Clive. It was vested in the monks of Chester Abbey, and it is conjectured Hulse formed part of the estates of Runchamp.
Resident farmers here are:-
George Bagaley, Sarah Carter, George Deane and Richard Leech.
Blacksmith: Robert Evans.
|1892-Hulse is a township, 3 1/2 miles south-east from Northwich and 7 from Knutsford, in Northwich union, hundred and county court district.
The land belongs to various owners.
The area is 295 acres; rateable value, £654.
The population in 1891 was 41.
Letters through Northwich, which is the nearest telegraph office. Nearest post and money order office is at Lostock Gralam.