To provide a leadership role in a technologically-progressive
organization whose emphasis is on creativity, innovation, and implementation.
IBM PC’s and compatibles
Experience: DOS, Windows 3.x, Windows 95, Windows NT 4.0, Lotus
Domino/Notes 4.x, Novell 3.x/4.x, MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Lotus
123 (DOS and Windows), Ami Pro, Approach, Freelance, WordPerfect (DOS and
Windows), dBASE III+/IV, Ventura Publisher, Adobe Pagemaker, Harvard Graphics,
Corel Draw, cc:Mail, Netscape, Lotus Organizer, Filemaker Pro, Adobe Photoshop,
Additional Knowledge: Adobe Illustrator, Altamira Composer, Renderize
Live. Have also installed and configured a variety of hardware and software
as well as performed troubleshooting and programming with Visual BASIC,
websites using Lotus Domino and HTML.
I*Net Project Manager, Office of the Circuit Executive, Ninth
Circuit U.S. Courts, San Francisco, CA. 1996 to present. Developed and
implemented automation solutions for the Circuit Executive’s office and
courts throughout the Circuit. Responsible for Office automation support,
Circuit-wide computer training programs, and Circuit-wide Internet/Intranet
- I*Net project manager. Created a suite of Lotus Domino-based website
templates to provide a simple, effective Internet solution to courts throughout
the Ninth Circuit. Project has included 18 court sites to date. Duties
have involved traveling to court sites and installing and configuring Windows
NT 4.0 servers, Domino 4.x servers, and Notes website templates; training
court staff on Lotus Notes and Domino development; continual development
and enhancement of I*Net templates. Also have provided extensive graphics
creation and scripting support.
- Supervised implementation and administration of firewall and web server
security. Established procedures for log monitoring, access reporting,
and penetration testing.
- Facilitated court migrations to Windows 95 by providing end-user and
automation staff training, technical expertise/consultation, and automation
- Developed the Office of the Circuit Executive’s Intranet and internal
Intranet site. Have implemented solutions for workflow processing, document
sharing, and information dissemination via macro programming and web applets.
- Acted as automation advocate for court technology. Presented new ideas/programs
to judges and clerks. Developed collaborative solutions (MAGnet—national
Magistrate judges’ website, Debtnet—Bankruptcy judges’ website), and currently
developing other solutions (CA Northern District Court’s alternative dispute
resolution website, National pro se resource website).
- Managed user-support staff and I*Net Project staff. Managed support
of 30-user office including resource enhancement, technology training,
Private Computer Consultant, Washington, DC. 1989 to 1996. Acquired
and performed a variety of computer contracts as a full-time consultant
on IBM PC’s and compatibles. Approximately half of the contracts involved
stand-up and one-on-one training on a variety of software packages, including
course development, documentation creation and upgrade, and user support.
Other jobs have included:
- Web consultation and site development. Assisting clients in acquiring
the appropriate web technologies for an effective web presence. Included
software installation, HTML coding, graphics creation, and site enhancement.
- Installation of modems and configuration of TCP/IP protocols in Windows
3.x and 95. Installation and training on various internet software programs
for e-mail, web browsing, FTP, IRC, and Usenet.
- Creation of learning aids, textbooks, newsletters, brochures, user
manuals, and other desktop-published materials. Tasks included screen captures,
diagramming, scanning, data conversion (Mac to DOS, mainframe to ASCII,
etc.), style sheets and templates, logo design, graphic design, proof-reading,
and copy writing.
- Assistance in planning upgrade strategies for DOS to Windows conversion
on a Novell network. Included assigning rights/privileges, document conversion,
user training, template and macro creation, custom classes for user-specific
- Development of a computer-based export identifier system to match trade
leads with local manufacturers. This included modem and communication configuration,
data parsing, and database design and maintenance.
- Design and coding of an enrollment tracking and State Report generating
system for a business school using dBASE IV. Included flow analysis, coding,
debugging, interface creation, and report generation.
- Provided telephone and on-site support for businesses with 50 to 3,000
users. Including software, hardware, and network troubleshooting and assistance.
Manager, Research Center, York County Industrial Development
Corp., York, PA. 1987-1989. Managed the computerized economic research
department of YCIDC and the York Area Chamber of Commerce. Responsibilities
- Data gathering, compilation, analysis, and manipulation.
- Development and enhancement of marketing pieces and publications.
- Supervision of two to four staff members.
- Hardware and software recommendations, staff training, and troubleshooting.
- Interfacing with company officers to facilitate commercial and industrial
Business Manager, Arts and Entertainment Weekly, York, PA. 1987.
Handled operations of a desktop-published bi-weekly newspaper.
- Coordinated advertising and marketing efforts. ä Responsible for
upkeep of financial books.
- Maintained and controlled computer system and staff system training.
- Assisted in editing, paste-up, and layout.
Floating Manager/Corporate Trainer, Luxury Budget Inns (Econolodge).
1985-1987. Responsible for traveling East Coast to troubleshoot problems
for hotel chain. Locations included Washington, DC, New York, Allentown,
Scranton, among others.
- Trained corporate officers and staff in audit procedures.
- Served as interim manager at various inns with staffs of approximately
- Located and corrected bookkeeping errors.
- Provided audit support to hotel chain via telephone.
Corcoran School of Art, Washington, DC. Bachelor of Fine Arts.
Consolidated School of Business, York, Pennsylvania. Associate in Specialized
Business — Computer Science. Also completed additional course work in computerized
- Windows NT 4.0 Administration
- Lotus Notes Server Administration
- Lotus Notes Application Development II
- Superior Instructor Award, 1991, NIRE Computer School, Vienna, VA.
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming course work, 1989-90.
- Market Analysis for Downtown Revitalization, 1989, PA DCA.
- Basic Economic Development Course, 1988, Penn State.
- Applied Community Research Program, 1988, ACCRA, UNC-Charlotte.
Download resume in PDF format