McBride Alumni Club
McBride High School Alumni
St. Louis, Missouri
 
Please click here for the new, greatly improved (by Larry Porschen)
McBride High School Alumni web site.   http://www.mcbridealumni.com
 

 
McBride High School
In 1923, the funds to build a Catholic High School were given to the Archdiocese by Mrs. McBride as a memorial to her husband, William Cullen McBride, an outstanding Catholic layman. In the words of the late Cardinal Glennon, Mr. McBride was “a man who saw and understood the questions of his day, and even foresaw those of the future. He realized the need for educating the hearts and minds of youth so as to fit them for facing the problems of life.”

Under the guidance of the Brothers of Mary, McBride opened in 1925. During its 47 years, McBride rose to become a landmark and a milestone in education. Situated on the northwest corner of Kingshighway and Cote Brilliante Ave., this limestone educational institution yearly molded and shaped the lives of six hundred young men. Graduates passed through her famous colonnades each year well prepared to meet their moral and civic responsibilities in an adult world. For a variety of reasons, the school closed in 1971.

In 1985, as part of their 50th reunion, the graduating class of 1935 decided to rekindle the fire by establishing a McBride Alumni Club. Our rosters now include 416 teachers and 7,353 former “McBride Micks”. We have roughly 4,200 members, 2,500 confirmed deceased and are still missing 1,000…the search continues.

 
McBride High School Alumni - St. Louis, Missouri
 McBride Homepage  Officers, Directors, and Class Reps
 McBride Heroes  McBride's History
 Hall of Fame  
 
Classes of 1945, 1966, 1967, and 1968 have their own web pages!
 
 
 
 
 

McBride contact:  Larry Porschen lporschen@uhy-us.com

For questions or comments about the web site, e-mail:  prautes@aol.com

 

 

1