A. Fill in the blanks or answer the questions
1. The Romans built triumphal arches to celebrate ____________________ and ________________________.
2. Over the centuries people have studied Latin because of their _____________ about the ancient word.
3. The English language owes a great debt of _________________ to Latin.
4. Name 3 aspects of our culture that the ancient Romans have influenced.
5. “To learn another language is to gain another ___________.”
7. By the second century A.D.
8. What language did the Romans study just like we study Latin today?
9. More than _____________ percent of English vocabulary has been derived or taken intact from Latin!
10. In early modern
11. From what did the people of the Renaissance get new confidence in themselves and new horizons to explore?
12. Practice in translating Latin will give ___________ and _______________ to your English style of writing and speaking.
13. “Not to know what happened before you were born is to be forever a ___________.”
14. Who said the quote in question #13?
15. What letters do we have that are missing from the Roman alphabet?