Looking for a Mechanical Engineer position in a diverse engineering company to grow my career and build upon my education and skills set.
· Pursuing P/T Professional Science Masters Computational Sciences, 01/ 05-Enrolled
· Master of Science - Mechanical Design Engineer, 09/ 01-12/ 03
· Bachelor of Science - Mechanical Engineering, 02/ 97-02/ 01
S O L A R TURBINES,
Supplier Technical Engineer Supply Chain Mgmt Group
· Supports the Supplier Technical Engineer (STE) manage the technical, quality and manufacturability aspects of purchased ports.
· Reviews, analyzes and reports supplier quality performance data and trends. Assist STEs on SARN (Supplier Advanced Reject Notices) and RN (Reject Notices) resolution. Initiates root cause analysis and implements supplier corrective and preventative action plans.
· Collaborate with Sourcing Specialist, Buyer, Supplier Development Engineer and Material Scheduler to improve supplier cost, quality and throughput.
· Use of Quality/Manufacturing database Module using BAAN (ERP) & Engineering docs using ProE WF 2.0. Use of COGNOS & Statistica to develop report on Suppliers performance.
Q U A L C O M M
IC Package Development and Characterization Engineer Summer Intern
· Analyzed mechanical performances or char. of BGA, CSP & NSP IC package designs.
· IC Package Substrate Design Training using CADENCE Allegro Package Designer .
· Worked with the Socket Design Team in tolerance issues. Used ProE & SolidWORKS for 3D model.
· Created Mechanical Drawings of IC packages in AutoCAD with GD&T.
· Released manufacturing documents to Agile (PDM).
E A T O N-POWERWARE,
ProE Designer & RoHS Tech. Contract
· Used Pro-E Wildfire & AutoCAD to assist with the 3D design, Assembly parts and Drawings of PCBAs, Chassis, wire/harness and final assemblies of Uninterruptible Power Supply systems.
· Created Engineering documentation which reflects Restriction of Hazardous Substance (RoHS) compliant parts. This process includes writing Eng. Change Notices (ECN), updating 3D Drawings, Bill of Materials (BOM) & updated drawings to Product Development Management (PDM) system.
I N T E L CORP.,
Thermal Mechanical Engineer Summer Intern
· Assist with the 3D design, Assembly parts and drawings of heat sink, battery pack & chassis of tablet/laptop using ProE Wildfire & SolidWORKS.
· Setup of thermal test mockup and acquisition of data, identify equipment and instrumentation required for improved thermal testing.
· Developed computer simulations using Pro-Mechanica and Fluent FlowTherm to support empirical testing in the thermal lab.
I T R O N,
Energy Simulator Contract
· Worked on a temporary assignment for CEUS-California Commercial End Use Survey Project to support the design and planning of energy efficiency programs and policies.
· Using Computer Simulation to predict/simulate energy usage and compare results with Electric & Gas Bills of commercial sites. Gave logic mechanical reasoning for difference in results.
· Objective involved dealing with HVAC systems & Load calculations. Use of BDL, Doe-2, MS Access, Dr CEUS, E-Quest.
California Leisure Products, San Diego, CA, 06/ 03-08/ 03
3D CAD Designer Summer Intern
· Created 3D Solid Models using SolidWORKS & AutoCAD.
· Dealt with design of Sheet Metal, Assembling parts and updating BOM. Use of ASME Y14.5M (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) plus Documentation using MS Office & Adobe tools.
· Created Assembly Instructions for Assembly of Product using Photoshop and Illustrator.
· Performed FEA using COSMOS.
· COGNOS, Statistica , SQL scripting-Oracle
· Pro-E Wildfire, Pro Mechanica, Pro-E Intralink, Fluent FlowTherm & Mentat Software.
· (Certified) SolidWorks, COSMOSWORKS , SolidWorks Animator.
· AutoDesk: Inventor, Mechanical Desktop (Certified) & AutoCAD.
· Cadence Allegro Package Designer.
· Languages: Perl, Visual Basic, Fortran, C-Programing, Python & MATLAB. (Intermediate Level)
· Microsoft Office: Access, Word, Excel, FrontPage, PowerPoint, Outlook (Professional Level)
· Adobe: Photoshop, Illustrator, PageMaker. (Intermediate Level & Currently Used)
· DHTML, Web Page Design, Macromedia Flash MX & Dreamweaver.
· Ability to learn quickly, very supportive, ability to work with a group and very versatile in using computer softwares.
PROJECTS & MAJOR COURSES
· Operation Management, Parallel Computer Systems.
· Scientific DataBase Techniques using Oracle & Perl Scripting (File handling).
· Finite Element Analysis: Conducted Thermal and Stress Analysis on Mech. Parts. Used Marc Mentat and Pro-Mechanica to conduct FEA projects.
· Eng Optimization: Used MATLAB to optimize Engineering Design.
· Metrology & Quality Control, Basic Electrical, Manufacturing Technology, HVAC, Engineering Optimization, Numerical Analysis, Finite Element Methods.
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
· Responsible for making Flash Animation of Thermodynamics cycles to be released in upcoming New Thermodynamics book written by Dr Subrata Bhattacharjee. Flash Animation available at Virtual Thermo. Please Google Search Virtual Thermo for examples.
· Worked as Computer Lab Teaching Assistant for Adobe, Microsoft & Macromedia tools under Baseline Training & Support dept. for SDSU students and faculty. (02/02 till 02/03)
· Awarded Cadence Allegro Package Designer Training with Certification.
· Awarded SolidWORKS Training Certification.
· Awarded High Honors and Honor Certificates during Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering.
· Available on Request.