3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. shortening
3/4 c. orange juice
4 1/2 c. flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1. Cream sugar and shortening.
2. Add rest of ingredients and mix well.
3. Roll out to 1/8 inch on a floured cutting board (I roll it out a little thiker, because that is how I like it!).
4. Flour the rim of a cup or glass and cut out circles.
5. Place a heaping tsp. of filling such as prune (YUCK!), mohn (poppy- DOUBLE YUCK!), or (my favorite) strawberry. (Yossi Chaim prefers to drop a bunch of chocolate chips in the middle... but they don't melt well.)
6. Fold three sides of the circle towards the middle, forming a tiangle, and pinch the edges together (well).
7. Bake on a greased cookie sheet in preheated oven (350 degrees) for about 15-20 minutes (they should be lightly brown for soft cookies, brown if you like them crunchy).