- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dry thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb. fish fillets or "pieces" (catfish works best)
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter or margarine, or olive oil
Brush fish with butter. Coat evenly on both sides with pepper mix. Heat a cast iron skillet about 5 min. until a drop of water sizzles. Add fish. Drizzle with remaining butter. Cook 2-3 min./side for 1/2-3/4 inch fillets.
NOTE: Open the windows, turn on the fans, watch the smoke alarms, and don't breathe the fumes!