- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 lbs orange roughy fish (you can also use red snapper, walleye, grouper, or sole)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons jalapeno peppers (see note below)
- 3 teaspoons dried dill weed
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the flour and salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Coat the fish with the flour mixture. In a 3-qt oblong baking dish, coated with nonstick cooking spray, heat the butter in the oven until melted. Stir in the garlic. Place the fish in the dish and sprinkle with wine, lemon juice, tomato, jalapenos, and dill weed. Cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the fish is done. It cools fast, so serve immediately.
Can also be cooked in microwave oven--allow for differences in wattage.
NOTE: Believe or not the canned, pickled jalapenos are better than the fresh ones, which when cooked, don't have much "kick" or flavor.